Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 00 MACK, Nov 23, 2004.

1. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I was thinking it might be good to start a post on pics of old customs that have not been saved yet.Does any one have any pics of customs that have not been seen in the last 20 years in their current state as they sit right now?

2. Rusty

Rusty

I will be going to Missouri this Christmas and I know where an old Merc is sitting. Very old school chop wide whites just sitting out in a field of the highway. I am gonna try buying it this time.

3. I not going to hijack this one, but if someone have interesting shots of old customs resting, and would like to see them in print, I would love to run them in IRON!
    For info about IRON, see HAMB O´Dex (The Lead News post). And notice, IRON is my own non-profit magazine, no money making buisness, no publisher or advertiser involved. 100% about trad customs, nothing else.
    Here are two old relics that have been found recently, maybe no beauty queens, but never the less they are old untouched customs that heve been resting for at least 30-35 years. The red 58 Dodge had a lift off top with a green plexiglas insert in the roof, tube grille in the rear as well. It had once been metalflake green and used to have a real "hairy" interior with long fur. Found it in an industrial area south of Stockholm. The car was quite wellknown around here in the 60´s... Today its hidden again, hopefully to be saved (no, I could not buy it). The 54 Ford cvt was just picked up from a long storage outdoors and shown at a car show some years ago, not for sale and I do not know if it will be restored to original again or if it will reamain as a custom...

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

5. Do you have any more pics of that Dodge? That front end is beautiful.(Sorry,I'm an old custom fanatic)-MIKE [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Im a die-hard custom fanatic as well...
    Here are a few more of the Dodge, and as you can see, this one was not the only old custom found on that spot. The other one was a 56 Crown Victoria, 60-style but built in the 80´s. Not an "old custom" but it must have had some real rough years since I last saw it 10 years earlier. Now it was quite battered and a lot of parts were missing (that one can also be seen in Rolls & Pleats #5 page 41 along with some of the photo of the Dodge).

Attached Files:

7. One more...

Attached Files:

8. and another...

Attached Files:

9. , and another...

Attached Files:

10. and the last one.

Attached Files:

11. The red car looks like a 59-60 Chrysler.

12. Nice that you brought it up! Yes, I agree.
    The front fenders and hood looks like a 59 Chrysler (but not a 60). The top looks like a 58 Dodge or Plymouth. The car is titeled as a 58 Dodge and back then it was featured in magazines as a 58 Dodge, thats why I called it a 58 Dodge! But I´m not sure of its past, maybe some shady days with a title change, it sure do look more Chrysler to me...

13. Sailor

Sailor

Cool stuff, Per. I want to buy your next issue of Iron. Let me know when its due.

14. Ron

Ron

Cool, thanks. Here is a pic I took at a junkyard a couple weeks ago. Don't know anything about it though

[​IMG]

15. 00 MACK

00 MACK

shit,That aint a hijack ,Thats exactly what I was talking about.

16. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

How about this one. It's from the early 60's. the picture was taken in the parking lot across the street from the Milwaukee Arena after the ISCA show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have got some pics around here somewhere of it in it's present very very sad condition. I'll see if I can find em and get them loaded tonight.

B [​IMG] B

17. Wonder where this car is today?It's supposed to be in a garage somewhere in Massachusetts.

18. Or this one?I think this one was on the cover of a magazine not too long ago.It's in Virginia now and still owned by the original owner who bought it new in 56!

19. Another semi-custom from the 60's

20. [ QUOTE ]
    How about this one. It's from the early 60's. the picture was taken in the parking lot across the street from the Milwaukee Arena after the ISCA show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have got some pics around here somewhere of it in it's present very very sad condition. I'll see if I can find em and get them loaded tonight.

B [​IMG] B

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it? I wanted to say 55-56 Pontiac from the fins but the rear wheel wells say 56 chevy to me.....

21. DrJ

DrJ

Dash and wheel openings suggest '55 Olds 98 Holiday convert.

22. </font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong, but I think I´ve seen it in R&amp;C in the early 90´s! Wasnt it an Olds and wasnt there a black and white photo of it hiding in a garage? Or maybe I´m just dreaming...

23. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

It was Ralph Ferks 54 olds built bt ,I beleive Trend Customs.

24. 00 MACK

00 MACK

wow Slag ,your knowledge of old customs never ceases to amaze me! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Right on Slag, Dick Scully and Dave Puhl in Chicago in 1960/62. It won the ISCA championship in Indy in 62 or 63. Nobody knows where Puhl is, kinda dropped off the face of earth. Last place he can be traced to is Scottsdale AZ about 5 years ago, ran a tavern called Old Chicago Pizza or something like that. I know that Starbird even took his wall down or downsized it because of no contact.

Anyway 2 years ago at GG Waukesha I ran into Scully and talked Ralph into coming to the show on Sunday. He ain't into cars at all anymore. Anyway he came down and I took him over to see Scully, it was like old home week, they sat and lied to each other for a couple of hours. The car looks pretty bad now, a guy in Missouri has had it for a few years and been collecting parts but nothing more than that. Last I heard is he was wanting to sell it.

B [​IMG] B

26. 00 MACK

00 MACK

That was me on Slags computer,He had to rush out of the shop and I thought I was logged in.

27. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I've posted this before but maybe someone will know something about it. This was a 47 ford convert that was built by barris in the 50's. The picture is when my dad had it in north jersey around '65, not far from nyc. The caddy motor was in pieces, so my dad ran a 301sbc and columbia rear. I've heard several different stories about what may have happened to it, all ended in tragedy. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

28. jobbless

jobbless

i think it is a 54 i seen it in a rod and custom recently,, they were talking abuot this guy with a bunch of old customs,,, they said it was a 54 olds,,, looked to be in red oxide primer in the picture they showed,,,,

29. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

here ya go White..i stole the pics from ebay a while back...not the prettiest thing in the world, but an old custom none-the-less...bob

Attached Files:

30. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

back...

Attached Files: