Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Identify T10 Transmission

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kail, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

I picked up a T10 at a swap meet today and I wasn't able to get the details since it came out of a t-bucket. I would like to know what it came from, if its a mixture of parts, and what the gear ratio is, also if someone can confirm that if i change the bell housing it will fit a pontiac.

I know it was behind a 60's ford

The input shaft is 10 spline output is 25

Cant read the date plates yet but I can read the following

Case Passenger side:
    T10H-1
    W.G. DIV
    W-1

Case Cover on Driver side:
    (its a 9 bolt cover)
    T10-148B
    W.G. DIV

Tail Shaft:
    T10 H-7A
    W.G. DIV
    W1

So I am pretty sure the case is 60's ford, I even read that it came on a rare 427
    I believe the tail shaft can be 58-59 Vette 59 chev Pass

and it has a CompetitionPlus Hurst shifter

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It looks like the one I have in my coupe. It's from a Falcon Sprint. The shifter location is unique to that application.

falcongeorge likes this.
  3. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

If that is a shift lever behind the shifter mech in the tail shaft it's a T-10.

4. Early 1964 and before Ford products had a different bolt pattern.That one looks to me like it has the bolt pattern that fits the early and late bellhousings.It also has the short tailshaft so I think just dug is right.I think its a Falcon or Comet or Fairlane.A Galaxie had a long tailshaft.

5. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

I am aware that its a T-10, i was looking for details on ratio and such..

The trans case has 2 bolt patterns so I am assuming finding a pontiac bellhousing that will fit it shouldn't be to difficult

6. The two bolt patterns on the trans are both Ford patterns.One is the old style and the other is the newer one.I don't know for sure,but I thought the Pontiac used the Chevy pattern.If its true,then there are adapters you could use to mount the Ford to GM bell.

7. ford406

ford406
    from Lompoc, CA

If it has a 25 spline output shaft it is a vary early Mustang. They changed them to 28 spline later.

8. Flick96

Flick96

Howdy all I know this is an old post but I can't seem to figure out a way to create a new post and my question involves t10s/super t10s so I'm kinda in the right place. My question is that there's someone claiming they have a complete t10 and that the bell housing fits Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Chevrolet. They also say that it is acceptable for left and right side starter mounting. Are they blowing smoke or is there actually an Oldsmobile Pontiac Chevy bellhousing? And I am curious as to this might be a super t 10 as well. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  9. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Directly behind the side cover, between the case and the midplate, is a stamped set of letters/numbers. That will tell the story. It'll start with a "W" which just means Warner Gear. The rest will tell the month, day, shift. You already know it's a Ford application.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.