Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crazy air ride on Hot Rod, body moves not frame.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Crazy I tell you:eek:
    Just found this on Youtube.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8q4fL8txzIo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8q4fL8txzIo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Muttley

Muttley

Why? You arent gaining any clearence. Seems like one of those do it just because type things. RatRodRatRodRatRod.

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I guess he couldn't decide whether or not to channel it. What a mo!

4. cretin

cretin

What the hell is the point of that? I guess Muttley is right.
    It doesn't even raise up smoothly.

5. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

That looks back asswards....

6. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

HAHA Thanks Chris. I laughed my ass off. I wish some people would just stop all togther.

7. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Wow all the wait for that!!!!!

8. 53chevy

53chevy

Hey, that's Chris's alter ego, the guy has dreads to boot! Hate to knock some one down, but that just doesn't make sense. It's a Jack n Box RR!!!!!!

Ken

9. I dont like it, seems like you would just be wobbling around like being in a boat offshore or something

10. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth..................

11. haulAss or GTFO

haulAss or GTFO

12. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

what a waste of time, money and material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those guys should stick to mini trucks with lifted beds........ poor car!!!!

13. ummm okay i guess the loss of head room is worth it .... lol not

14. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

wow. . . just, wow. The things people do.

15. lol
    [YT<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQg7KZjnSqY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQg7KZjnSqY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/MEDIA]

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Or... perhaps the frame / suspension have all the clearance they need, and that only the body would drag if driven in the lowered position? I'm not saying I'm red hot about the idea either, just trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. After all, an ultra-slammed look (body almost on the ground) is only for the show field anyway, eh? Gary

17. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

I'm generally not one to bash another's build, no matter how little sense it makes. In that vein, I will only ask if there isn't some kind of restrictor valve he could have incorporated into the system in order to afford a smooth rise to the body instead of a quick, jerky action and noise from the tin that he ended up with?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  18. The Hard Way

The Hard Way

The thing isn't plumbed yet, which is why he had to add air into the system at the rear, likely from an air chuck into a schrader valve. When you run air lines you can have different size valves (3/8-inch 1/2-inch, etc.) that determine the rate of inflation and deflation. In the guy's defense, it allows him to have a normal suspension for driving and the dropped stance when it's parked, as opposed to some hacked air suspension that doesn't look right. Not HAMB-friendly, but then again, the fabricator isn't the one who posted it here.

19. briancustoms

briancustoms

First off, it's air, not hydraulics, nothing chaps me more when I raise or air out my truck and people around say it's hydraulics. Can't people hear the air rushing out of the valves?

Second, i'm betting he is running a bunch of psi and it wants to come up fast but is catching on something on the frame or how ever it may be linkaged to raise (if he over-engineered it) is tighter on one corner than another. He could run a slow down valve to control the speed it raises and falls, not hard to do.

20. Jodezilla

Jodezilla

watch the open door buckle as it hits the ground first (0:08)
    thats what troubled me.....
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQg7KZjnSqY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQg7KZjnSqY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

21. Lucky444

Lucky444

22. ian

ian

I saw this exact video the other day and my only reaction was a "facepalm"...

...tsk tsk

23. VonKool13

VonKool13

That was awesome, I wouldn't do it because WHY? but still cool outa the box thinking. And it makes me laugh everytime I click replay! HAHAHA

24. AD

AD

seems like a waste of moneys to me,, not a bad lookin hot rod, shoulda' left it alone'

25. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Alright alright, it's all wrong, I admit.

26. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Being a traditionalist, I know nothing about these systems and probably shouldn't have posted in the first place. I have edited my post to exclude the word "hydraulics" and replace it with "system". If I heard the air rushing out of valves, I would probably mistake it for a tire going flat. :eek:

27. kilrcady

kilrcady
    from nj

wow.Needs a looonnnggg air hose

28. ryno

ryno

really not much differnt then a big rig air ride cab.

im not defending the schumk, but it's something that i havent seen done before on a hot rod. is that a good thing? sometimes not, but cant bash the dude for trying.

29. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

That thing is on that auction site now. It was built in Poland:eek:
    No seriously:D

30. sledish

sledish

Moves like a dumpster being loaded on a dump truck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.