Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 Model A at non-internet auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodjeep, Apr 21, 2009.

1. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Here's the scoop, This is all the info I have:

SPECIAL: [FONT=Arial,Arial]1930 Ford 2 Dr. Sedan - needs top, interior, clutch - 600D engine & brakes - [/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Arial]sells at 9:50 AM [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Arial]with reserve[/FONT]​

I'm sorry about the lack of pictures, the auctioneer did not post any. I did e-mail and ask if anything was missing, if it had proper paperwork, and when I could come take a look before the auction.​

My guess is it quit running, got shoved in a barn and forgotten about. But who knows. ​

What I'm after is a quick list of pointers or tips to look out for when I go to check it out. My Model A experiance is quite low, I'm not expecting much, but I can't help but get excited about somthing like this. I did do some searches to get an idea of what I will be looking at and prices. Again I'm very sorry about not having any pictures to post, I'm just wondering if there's any specifics to look at other then rust or broken parts. ​

You guys and gals will be the first to see pics as soon as possile, I promise​

Thanks Jeff​

2. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Okay,
    SO I just called the guy and am going to look at it tomorrow night. Fucking awesome.
    Its titled and insured, supposed to run, very solid he said. All newer glass, accept for the door glass, says clutch is stuck from sitting, does need top and interior,
    AND BEST OF ALL HE TOLD ME WHAT THE RESERVE IS!!!!!!

If you can't tell I'm super duper overly excited, I'm about ready to pee myself!!!!

He's had it for 10 years and baught it from a guy that built hot/street rods, cause it was too nice to cut up.

Thanks for listening HAMBers
    Pics Thursday morn. for sure.

Jeff

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  3. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Heres the pics,

I bought it Saturday morning and drove it on the trailer. I also got an extra 5 wheels, and two chevy wire wheels.

I had to suck it up and ask a couple of the older guys about the tricks to driving it, What the lever does what and which way to turn things. It felt like I was a virgin all over again, It was great to drive MY model A, My wife said I looked like a kid in a candy store the rest of the day.

It needs a top first, Any hints? old threads about how to do it would be great.

Thanks Jeff

Attached Files:

4. Mopar34

Mopar34

Don't know what you gave for it, but looks like you got a great car with a ton of potential. Anyone would be pleased with that car, as I know you are. Keep your build pix coming.:cool:

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

6. Rich B.

Rich B.
    Member Emeritus
    from Portage,IN

7. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

8. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

I'm looking into making an intake and header for the banger in the A.

What would be a good 1 or 2bbl carb. to run?
    I've got quite a few older 2bbls and 1 or 2 carbs from flathead v8's.
    I think some 2g? Rochesters and a few NOS mid 60's AMC / Jeep carbs

I'd also like to upgrade the ignition, but what to use? What would be a drop-in?

Thanks Jeff

9. flatford39

flatford39

That's a great looking tudor. Nice body. I see it has 30 running boards & aprons but a 31 radiator shell. Most interesting is the round speedometer. What does the firewall look like??? Especially around the gas sediment bowl & does it have the original Zenith carb on it???

10. hotrodtom

hotrodtom