Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hemi engine mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomfordman, Apr 16, 2009.

1. kustomfordman

kustomfordman

I want to build something similiar to these mounts that are offered thru PAW. Can anybody give me a lead on the bushings? I think it would be something similiar to the bushing & sleeve that you would use on four link or panhard rods...a sleeve and a 2 piece bushing with an inner steel sleeve that would match bolt size. Problem is, the larger bushings I find for 4 link systems is not going to be wide enough. Where can I find more options?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I'm headed down the exact same path! I originally ordered a set from PAW - then they called me and told me they lost their welder and couldn't supply them anymore.

I'm wondering where to source a similar bushing as well -- there are lots of poly bushings out there, but would like something quite hard with a steel inner sleeve. If somebody knows of a good source and part number - that would be cool.

Drop me a line if you figure this out . . . I'll do the same.

Dale

3. metal man

metal man

Hey guys, I don't have pictures , but I just built a set like that for my Desoto Hemi . Used Pete & Jakes microflex bushings just like you mentioned (the smaller of the two sizes). I just had to cut my own inner and outer tubes to fit the hemi block. There's a space between the bushings on the inside but that doesn't matter , they can't go anywhere . I simply welded the outer tube to an arched , tower style engine mount that welds to the top of the rail on my '29 tub . They look like solid mounts , very simple! Hope this helps .

4. moparjack44

moparjack44

5. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buy the Pete & Jakes bushings without the inner sleeve and make your own longer inner sleeve that will run the full width. The space between the bushings will not matter.

6. 4tford

4tford

Try speedway motors web site they have all kind of motor mounts that could work for you.

7. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

There's a lot of places selling poly bushings sets with sleeves and cups, probably one of our alliance vendors, if not then ebay.

The other thing is not all poly bushing sets meet in the middle. It's OK to have a gap in most applications just by lengthening the inner and outer tubes. As long as it's all trapped in place you're good to go.

good luck

8. kustomfordman

kustomfordman

Here is my version. It took me about 4 hours from template to finish...just one side. Thanks for the advice on the bushings. I used Pete & Jakes big bushings as I had a set left over from my 4 link project. Every thing else was from the scrap pile.

Attached Files:

9. Resembles an OEM Mopar motor mount bushing.