Register now to get rid of these ads!

It lives! It breathes! It moves! Deuce Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X38, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Finally able to get this roadster out of the shop for a test up and down the street, ran out of road real fast! Drivetrain is a 383 stroker SBC from Smeding engines in Sacramento (400+ hp and ft lbs), t-5 and 3.7 gears in a 9". Lots of parts from HAMB alliance vendors including Exeter (Flatoz in Australia), Riley and Limeworks.

The roadster is a blast to drive even if it has only been up and down the street outside, can't wait to get this thing out on the open road. Those Cokers don't put up much opposition! They are the 'rubber fuse' in the deal.

Now for the blow apart for paint etc.

Shitty video off my camera (better than nothing I guess):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2co5vRD7s&feature=email

There are some build pix in an album here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=842

Blister tech: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252970

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. Gee that must of had the blood pumping i can't wait to do the same thing. Top job!!

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Looks pretty nice to me. Nice an simple. Not sure if you are keeping the wheels, but I kind of like them. What color you going to paint it?

You got your motor from a place in Sacramento? Nothing closer for a SBC? Not criticizing, just wondering. Shipping must have been half the cost.

4. flatoz

flatoz

Hi Tony, sounds good, damn you wouldn't know that car was being built in Qld;)

guess there are HOTRODDERS up that way too:D

good to see it under its own steam. Not planning on heading south for the rod season this year at all?

thanks for the plug too.:eek:

5. Ha Flatoz, your sarcasm is oh so true. Everyone up here but a few of us are into Street Rods.. ugh.

Mind you my one Hot Rod mate local to me (A few streets actually) has a hell of a traditional '29 Roadster.

Where in Brisbane are you X38?

6. Keeping the wheels, they're 16x4.5 and 16x6 with 40 Deluxe caps and rings. An engine only costs a few hundred to ship and for the hp/$ deal it was actually cheap(ish) being dynoed, tuned and all. Only thing to add were plug leads, an aircleaner and waterpump.

Kustom Linez, the blood was pumping!

7. striper

striper

8. Very nice! Sounds good too...

9. Sano work Tony - now how about those Cheater slicks mounted on magnesium Torq Thrusts on the rear?

Sounds like you're gonna need em.....PRONTO

Rat

10. rick finch

rick finch

Very nice Tony! Love the hood sides...............A side note, Smeding is one of my customers, I'm in his shop almost on a weekly basis, good people and they deliver a great product for the price.

11. Looks great!

Congratulations!!

JH

12. looks bitchin , congrats!

13. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

You must have loaded them pictures backwards, the steering and pedals are on the right side! Nice car.

14. To Tall

To Tall

outstanding car (the pedels are on the wrong side:eek:

15. Lookin great Tony.
    What's the color gonna B ?
    Don

16. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Neat hot rod.

17. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

looking good, but you put the steering wheel on the wrong side.

18. flatoz

flatoz

the blessed steering wheel post... ahhh, I can rest easy now...

Tony bet you didn't know you built the car wrong, what are you going to do!

19. Welcome to the Deuce Club! She sounds great, and I'm waiting for the next video of you running it through the gears. Enjoy!

20. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

cool mate, nothing like the first few burn outs

21. Chris Cissel

Chris Cissel
    from Fresno Ca

Looks and sounds great. Congrats

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ya done great!!!!! good on you man!!!

23. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

I know what you mean about "rubber fuse" with those Cokers. My deuce was dynoed at 422hp. I have Cokers...they ride like shit ...handle like shit but they help me keep my driveline intact.

24. "Insurance!" I think this one was 429 hp, but the torque was what concerned me more, I know it's a light car but busting a tanny is no fun either. These Cokers are the Coker Classic radials. Cuznbrucie has them on his coupe and seems to really like the way they work. In my short driving experience with them they seem fine.

BTW I'm the one with the camera, not in the car.

25. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Bitchin, Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You gotta be proud!!!!!!

26. To answer the colour questions, the owner is going for a copper and cream theme, he has dubbed it Coppertone. Not too sure on the interior but the '40 wheel (from Limeworks) will be tu-toned. Craig at Automotive Harnesses is the owner and, naturally, the wire stringer in this baby. Another HAMB member Flatattack will get the trim gig.

27. oooooooooooooooow. How 'bout that. They do build hot rods in brisvegas. and here was me thinking it was all dial-a-mag, bad billet flame steering tillers and stick on bullet hole 'things' up there.

Looking good. I know I'm going to love this when finished. :D

28. 63Compact

63Compact

Looking good so far, but come on where's the box of bolt on crap that all Queensland cars have, I heard if you dont have at least 2 grille badges you get kicked over the border!