Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about an Alexander Brothers car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zarnock, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Hey guys and gals....,
    I'm in search of some info on one of the Alexander Brothers cars and was hoping that someone here could help me out.
    Can you tell me if they ever built a car named "Profidia"? I guess it was a `58 Ford? Rumor has it that it's in a garage here in my home town and has been here for many, many years. A bunch of us were having coffee and the car came up in conversation.....
    Any help or history would be appreciated. I've done a search and have come up empty.
    Thanx so much!
    Mike

2. rodknocker

rodknocker

3. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Mike,Yes they did build such a 58 Ford.I beleive it is in upstate NY.I don't think its for sale though.At least,I didn't hear anything.A friend of mine knows the guy that owns it.This friend of mine owns the "Golden Indian" and the "Golden Chariot".

Joe

4. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

There was a '58 Ford named Perfidia (sp) owned by Tom Biles, a fireman in North Tonawanda, I believe.
    It was candy red?

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Do you know a guy named Carl in North Tonawanda, drive a red 47 Chevy convertible? In his early 60's and kinda hard of hearing.

6. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Hello Denise;
    No I do not know him. I knew Tom Biles from doing the show circuit with Larivee's company. John Greer and I built Greer's "Punk's Pickup" and toured that thing. It won some large award in 1961. Tom Biles would be in his 70's now. Same as me....Tom Biles also showed his car a lot.

7. twochops

twochops

Tom Bile's A-Bros 58 Ford is a convertible,I showed a 57 Ford conv.
    the same time he was showing his.Here's mine at Cobo Hall
    TwoChops

Attached Files:

8. This car is in upstate NY and is owned by a good friend of mine and a well known Hot Rodder.... he is pretty ill these days.... He has about 50 vintage and rare cars scattered across the city.
    I have my reasons for not going to him directly. I am looking for any info or pictures of such a car. I don't even know if it really exists, all I hear are rumors.
    I am in a pretty precarious position here to say the least.

9. Could be.... but it was also a well known Glen Miller song back in the day. I mayt even be spelling it wrong too. It could very well be "PERFIDIA"

10. 'Mo

'Mo

11. HOTROD30

HOTROD30
    from Marcy, NY

12. Rikster

Rikster

13. HOTROD30

HOTROD30
    from Marcy, NY

Yea..... That's it. I wished I could see the rear seat better. The back of the seat had a speaker grill with chrome letters that spelled Perfidia. Don't forget, the car I saw acouple of years ago was in real sorry shape. The frame needed replacing; that's why it wasn't redone because it wouldn't be finished in time for the show.

I wished I knew the owner better and he would take me to all of his cars and let me take pictures. John says he doesn't let anyone see them. John says that is not the ownly famous car he has. He spent alot of his money buying well known cars after they faded from view and then storing them.

See you Thursday.

Rich

14. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Ive heard it for years.Ill call Soff tonight to verify.

15. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Tom was a very talented car builder/owner. The car I remeber the most was his 1934 Ford tudor sedan. It was chopped just the perfect amount and had one of the first Potter trunks I had ever seen on a hot rod. This would have been in the late '60's or early '70's??? Before that he owned a 1934 Ford coupe that was also chopped. Another perfect car.

Tom was the WNY state rep for the NSRA since its inception and later went to work for them full time as an event director. He moved from the Buffalo area to Florida for a while and then returned to NY, locating in the Jamestown area, I believe. I used to see Tom every year at the SEMA show where he manned the NSRA booth. He retired a couple years ago and is now leading a true "geezers" life. A great guy. His '58 was only the beginning of a long line of gorgeous cars.

Sorry to kidnap this post, but Tom deserves the kudos...

16. We will talk more on Thursday.... I have been approached about the car and will have to see if Phill will let us go see it and take some pic's....

17. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I have some pictures of Perfidia that Tom sent me when I was in Nam. They show nothing more than has already been posted. I am a long time friend of Tom's and he's my wife's cousin. If you need more pictures of the car let me know and I will ask Tom if he has more----I'm sure he does! He is in Louisville right now helping out with the NSRA Nationals.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  18. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Hey Rich tell Phil I said hello.