Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs herb ogden, fenderskirts? bumpers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketDaemon, Mar 9, 2009.

1. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Just curious, the fenderskirts on the herb ogden buick, what are they off?
    and also i belive the bumpers are changed, what year are they? i heard they are buick though...

licenceplate guards all around is 1949 chevy right? bumper guards? stock or from the "new" bumpers?

2. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

According to Trend Book 143 Restyle Your Car the bumpers are "later" model buick with the bumper guards removed!

3. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

[​IMG]

Bought this so some herbification to this car will be in the works :)

4. Orn

Orn

Deamon, is this the 41 that Tor have for sale in Stockholm?

Per

5. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Hi, this is the car that Tor had for sale that i have bought :) so its all mine..

6. Chad s

Chad s

Herb Ogden did not run skirts. They are an addition by Barry Mazza or Kurt McCormick. Herb told me he does not like the addition of skirts to the car. Id have to check on the bumpers origins.

7. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

thanx!, herbs ogdens buick is my all time custom favourite, it's been one of my dream cars for years, and i finally just stumbled upon an 1941 super buick convert (ok i saw an advertise and called and went and bought it), but anyways, i want to build something very simular, only main differance is that i will probally run an olds rocket in the car instead of an cadillac 331, thinking olds 303 from 1952, with edmunds intake and valve covers, and maybe 1955 olds caps instead of buick 1955, otherwise i wouldnt mind having it look very simular

8. Orn

Orn

I agree with you. Ogdens 41 is a killer. Good luck with the project:cool:

[​IMG]

9. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

I think I could be satisfied if this was my car it's a beauty. Of course if it was sitting next to a nice 51 Merc, maybe just a few other nice customs. When you have an addiction to cars, I don't think you ever get satisfied!!

10. chrisman

chrisman

Great find there, Daemon!

Even if Herb Ogden didn't approve the addition of the skirts, I think they look excellent on the car. I can see the point to restore a car to its original state though, and the skirts are easily removed if a future owner wants that.

11. Movinman

Movinman

I am with you Daemon. This is my all time favorite early custom as well. Do us a favor and run a build thread as you go along. It could be good infor for guys like me down the road. :D

12. Chad s

Chad s

I do agree, I would run the skirts, wouldnt think twice.

13. TinWolf

TinWolf
    from Sweden

Howdy RocketDeamon !
    I visit Kurt in 2006 and we rode the car , its a fantastic ride ! I have (just like you) deep feelings for this car for a long time and the carclub me and my carbuds started carry this car on our jackets since its one of the best early customs ever . Im currently building a similar car for a friend in Uddevalla out of a -41 Cadillac that chaired bodys with the -41 Roadmaster and also big body / long wheelbase -41 Century while -41 Buick super chair frontend with the shorter Special . I have tried to read and understand what happend with the Special and as far as I can see they had a short Special and a slightly longer (still short wheelbase) Special . However I think the Super coupe have the same coupe body from firewall and back and the Roadmaster/Century extended length is in the frontend .
    The skirts on Kurts -41 is teardrop aftermarket with a flair in the bottom while the regular teardrop skirts were used on 1940 Buick and 1941 got a factory made skirt that I think looks dynamite and flow with the fender much better !
    Sidetrim is not Roadmaster but from any 1941 Buick sedanette . the sedanette body were not made in Roadmaster series but Special and Century , possibly also Super even if I havent seen one yet . 1941 Buicks are fairly uncommon and Roadmasters are close to impossible to find , but having a Super coupe and find a Roadmaster /Century car and cut the frontend stuff of would make the project come much closer to the ultimate Herb Ogden / Pisano Bros Buick .
    Please check out Riks amazing collection of custom pictures of this fantastic vehicle at:
    http://www.rikhovingkustoms.com/RHK1/HerbOgden41Buick.html
    Wolf

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  14. barry mazza

barry mazza

I put the skirts on the Buick, they are Lindys/California, universal. Bumpers are Lincoln Cont. rear. Guards are 49 Chevy.
    BARRESSE'

15. FASI

FASI

If you can find a pair, the 1941 Buick/Cadillac skirt does match the outline of the fender much better than the '40 Buick. It is one of the styling sins of customs to slap skirts on a car without regard to the overall appearance and matching of contours. The Ogden car was a great car without the skirts and looks good with and would be even better with the '41 skirts.

16. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Did the car have skirts when Pisano first did it? huh...huh??????????