Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 02-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #21
super-six
Grenade Inspector

Default Re: "66 Chevelle "Goldfinger" Fayetteville NC dragstrip

I wasn't aware that it still existed (or kept track of). Did the original engine survive? Now I'm wondering if the '66 Chevelle "Goldfinger" survived.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #22
426-WO23
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-six View Post
I wasn't aware that it still existed (or kept track of). Did the original engine survive? Now I'm wondering if the '66 Chevelle "Goldfinger" survived.
Yes it is still around, we found it in the late 80's in Red Springs NC, paid thru the nose to get the car - then again to get the original motor, you could still see the faded Crown Royal on the doors and Royal Dodge on the quarters, it was totally restored back to "as new" condition and has been in the family ever since. I will post some more pictures soon.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #23
vettsplit63
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 426-WO23 View Post
Yes it is still around, we found it in the late 80's in Red Springs NC, paid thru the nose to get the car - then again to get the original motor, you could still see the faded Crown Royal on the doors and Royal Dodge on the quarters, it was totally restored back to "as new" condition and has been in the family ever since. I will post some more pictures soon.

I'm from the flatlands, so we don't have the valleys like you do there.... I can still hear the echoes of that Bad assed Hemi comin' from the far side of the valley back to ya.The time I spent at Ft. Bragg are special to me.. it was the best of times and the worst of times.. I'm really glad you were able to save the big Dodge. That car is an icon. Lots of people either rooted for or against it when it would come to the final round and it would more times than not be the "Goldfinger" and the Royal Dodge for all the money. Thanks for the memories.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #24
mik454
FNG

I bought the Bogeyman 1962 409 from Power swain in 1968 for $895.00 This was the car previous to Goldfinger.Does anyone have pictures of The Bogeyman?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #25
mik454
FNG

I remember Goldfinger.Does anyone have pics of the Bogeyman 1962 409 ran by the same team as Goldfinger?I bought the car from Power Swain in Springlake nc in 1968.mik454@hotmail.com
Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #26
Shovel83
FNG

I bought the dodge when I lived in Red Springs n.c. back in 1975 for 900.00 rebuilt motor & transmission and ran it at 710 drag strip in Pembroke. outlaw651@hotmail.com