Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Ford 'The White Pearl'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GreenMonster48, Feb 26, 2009.

1. http://www.bortzautocollection.com/old_site/news/custom_2006/custom_cars_sept2006.pdf

This Ford is my all time favorite custom, but then again, I may be a little biased.

My grandfather was friends with the original owner of this car, and actually did some of the lead work (and some other stuff that I can't recall.) I've actually got pictures of this car at the Hartford autorama from the '50s.

I actually had the pleasure of seeing this car once at a cruise night about 10-12 years ago. I tried talking to the owner at that time, but he didn't seem to want to believe me when I told him my relationship to the car, but I guess I can't blame him since I was only 15 at the time.

The shop my grandfather worked at actually pumped out more than a few magazine quality cars. The owner of this Ford's previous car was featured in (I believe) a 1957 issue of Rod and Custom, a chopped '36 Ford Four door. I have the issue at home, I just need to get my hands on a scanner.

Another one was recently unearthed. A channeled but un chopped Olds powered '32 five window that they used to show was found untouched in the next town over from us. The new owner called my grandfather to get some history on the car which my grandfather had painted back in 1959. That car was also featured in Rod and Custom, but my grandfather still has the issue since his name is in it.

We're scheduled to go see the car in the near future, and I promise you many pictures will be taken.

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I saw the article in that magazine a couple of years ago, and that is probably my favorite custom '57 Ford ever. Probably my favorite custom '55 Chevy too, although Moriarity's hardtop is right there with it. They're pretty similar actually..