Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Southwest Nostalgia Drags HAMB Gathering in Arizona 3/14/09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49Flatty, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Spike asked me to coordinate with all attending Phoenix area HAMB’ers to try and make this event the best possible. I will be hosting an area set aside for HAMB members. Please post if you are attending so we can get an accurate car count. We want to make sure we have enough room set aside. The area will be exclusively for all of us to enjoy a great day of racing. Spike said as far as food and drinks it's pretty much open, barbecues, coolers, alcohol consumption needs to be somewhat discrete. Secured shade structures, chairs, tables are all OK. Spike will be making a HAMB banner and hanging it on the back of the bleachers. We will have the best parking spots available. It will be on the east side of the tower behind the starting line bleachers. Please direct your questions to me and I will get them answered as quickly as possible. What a great way to be able to show off what traditional hot rods look like to the all attending. Please email me at [email protected] or PM. I will get back to you in the evenings.

2. Mike

Mike

I'll be there. I'll be racing one of my heaps so I'll be parked in a pit spot.
    I'll be running either my orange '57 Chevy gasser "Thumper" or my red '64 Dodge. See ya there.

3. 1953 Rat

1953 Rat

Yeah I'll be there too. Not running anything but will bring a 60 Rambler and a 59 Imp.

4. MilesM

MilesM

Hope to run my 36 Chevy Sedan. Need to get different front tires mounted and a couple other things done.

5. azratrod

azratrod
    from Az

ill be there. going to be driving the 64 slick

6. az/willis

az/willis

ill be their with pete hopfully i can get my 55 out there:D

7. Glen

Glen

Im sure you have already seen my reply to Markys post. Im bringing my model A and Justin is bringing his 55 gasser. Both will be racing not showing.

I will be at speedworld tomorrow night with a some new found horsepower and Im getting more confident with the trans brake launch.

8. Ok, so that is 4 for the show so far including az/willis' A. Hey Mike bring one down to show and the other to race.

9. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Right on Glen,
    Me and a few friends are going tomorrow night too, I'm running my 49 Chevy and two of my buddies are making their first passes down the strip in new cars they've built, ones a 51 Plymouth Concord (fastback) running a nice small block Chevy the other is a 66 El Camino with a tuned port injected small block Chevy. Another friend's doing some testing on a new 496 stroker in a red 69 Camaro, See Ya out there. Spike

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  10. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

A couple of us are thinking about stragglin' up from down here.. Hope to get there.

11. Come on up docc. You'll have the best seats in the house.

12. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

Im hoping to try and make it there, it will be the first outing for the roadster.

13. jerry

jerry

I'll be there. Have to drive my truck.

jerry

14. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Would like to come out & meet some of you. Won't have a car, just me plus will be heading home Monday morn.

15. Gonna try and make in the new roadster also

Attached Files:

16. Turn out is going to be good! The Sinners are starting to check in as well.

17. I should be there with my 55. Unless something magical happens with my new engine set up, I'm pretty sure I'll be parking in the HAMB lot.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  18. Crap!!!! I gotta work that day:mad:

19. I think you feel a cold coming on in about 2 weeks. You might even have a cold and the flu at the same time.

20. Since the "A"ttitude is running now, I think I have a cold getting ready to hit me as well.

21. Is there any restrictions on type of car in the hamb area? I'll be driving my primered '66 GTO with vintage slot mags, etc.
    Let me know.

Steve

<DIR>Hosting- 7th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! and swap. Drags, cool car show, parade, special exhibitions, gassers, rails, stockers, customs and much more. coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az -This is Arizonas longest continuest running nostalgic event, our 7th year! www.nostalgicshowandgo.org
    Also Hosting- Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az more info- www.pontiacheaven.org
    </DIR>

22. I don't see why not. No billet right?

23. Ok, no, it has no billet. just wasn't sure if you had a year cut off. the car is kinda a rat rod musclecar. Looks like a 10 year old primered car from the 70s with its slot mags, etc.

Steve

<DIR>Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
    more info- www.pontiacheaven.org
    Also hosting- 7th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! and swap. Drags, cool car show, parade, special exhibitions, gassers, rails, stockers, customs and much more. coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az -This is Arizonas longest continuest running nostalgic event, our 7th year! www.nostalgicshowandgo.org
    </DIR>

Attached Files:

24. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

I would say that Goat will fit right in and anything else from your collection you want to bring,
    Thanks for supporting our event and we'll do the same for you Steve.
    Spike :D

25. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

I'll be there, but in the O/T daily... frack.

26. Thanks,...I think...for bumping up our thread. Keep it up.

27. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Checking in!... Might have to take the soccer van since I will have all my kids but I will be there. The 52 pickem up isnt readyd anyways..

28. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

UUghhh Ohhhh.. I am going to hold you up to it.. See ya sometime this weekend to get final wiring and brakes then... GOtta go to Bowie with Orest to pick up that 50 ford tow trk .. :)

29. Glen

Glen

cool, now you have two posts on this thread that make no sense and are in no way "pertinent".

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  30. SDFastOne

SDFastOne
    from Pierre,SD

If you need someone to drive one of your cars, I would fly in from South Dakota. I'm really not that nice of guy, but I do race at a NHRA track www.oahespeedway.com. My father in law built the track 5 years ago. I would like to hold an event there. If anyone has some interest let me know. I wish I could be there. GR :(