Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal is 15...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. ruralrod

ruralrod

wow! the first to view and reply. that never happens to your stuff. thanks man. really, thanks. a ton.

3. williebill

williebill

I can't imagine life without the HAMB..thanks for all you do,Ryan

4. Yep.....I for one am glad you were obsessed with starting a hot rod website....

Heres to the next 15 years Ryan !!

Rat

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yep, thanks a bunch Ryan.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too."

6. Congrats...Thanks for making this place what it is.

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Happy Bday J.J.

8. Special Ed

Special Ed

Thank you, Ryan. I learn an incredible amount on here, and you have some absolutely outstanding members, too.

9. borndead327

borndead327

i remember back in the late 90s
    i found the jj when i lived in okc
    the one thing that stands out in my mind was the pic archive and the sledsel

10. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

Love your vision, man...
    Thanx!

11. 15 candles for the H.A.M.B. !! >>>>.

12. Thanks boss! I have met and become close friends with many fine folk due to this little "obsession" of yours!

13. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Thanks for pulling together such a great source of information, opinions, and general coolness. This is definitely my favorite place on the web. It's an honor to be a small part of something that helps to preserve and promote one of the true American art forms.

14. noboD

noboD

Happy Birthday. Thanks for your effort. I waste entirely too much time here!!

15. SteadyT

SteadyT

Best site on the WWW. Thank you.

16. Thankyou Ryan, for all your hard work........if you only knew the impact the H.A.M.B has and is having on my life. I love this place!

17. GaryC.

GaryC.

Always interesting! Always fun! That's the Jalopy Journal for me.

Thanks Ryan for creating a place where like-minded folks can
    get together and have a great time. A special thanks for providing
    us artistic guys and gals a virtual gallery where we can air our artwork!

Happy Birthday Jalopy Journal and many, many more!

18. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have a lot of the knowledge I have now.
    I wouldn't have gotten to meet all the great folks I have met over the years.
    Ryan because of your dedication to this site I was able to do both, THANKS...

But I have to ask, What was the first post??????...joe

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  19. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Thanks for all your hard work, Ryan!

20. Von Franco

Von Franco

This place always gives me something to look forward to, happy b day man.......

21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks Ryan, met some good friends here, this site makes the world a pretty small place

22. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Man, 9 or 10 years on here and I still feel like a new guy sometimes. Ditto what Tman said. It's amazing how this place has made the hot rod community smaller and how many people I've met from this board.

I doubt that the Roundup, Hunnert Car Pileup, Pistons and Paint, etc. etc. would be what they are, or even exist, without the HAMB. There just wouldn't be the same way to connect with people.

Thinking back about the old boards gives me a little feeling of nostalgia. But I also crack up every time I read somebody talking about how the "old days" of the HAMB were. (Especially when their Join Date is '07-'08) The last couple of years have been, by far, the best of the Jalopy Journal and the HAMB. With a very few exceptions, the talent and knowledge on the board is greater than it ever has been. The ability and willingness to share the information comes even faster now than it did then. And there are way more traditional hot rods and customs on the road now. I'd have to say that a part of that is because you have successfull at " Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide".

Congrats. Now get to work and make it even better.:)

23. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx so much Ryan!! I couldn't do it without the H.A.M.B.! I have learned so much on here and still learn a lot every day. The ALLIANCE rules!!

Ian

24. 5window

5window

Thanks. We truly appreciate all of your hard work and how you've brought us together.

25. chris55

chris55

Thank you Ryan, for all your hard work. And heres to another 15 years.

26. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

This may be a little wordy but it explains how I felt when I first came here.

My wife and I a few years ago attended a seminar to help identify personality types (stay with me fellas).

They divided us into groups according to how we answered question in a survey. The guy puting on the seminar told us that when we got into these groups it would feel like we died and went to heaven, because everyone would be "just like us".

That is the exact way I felt when Ryan directed me to this place after I found the JJ and e-mailed him.

I have met so many good people from all over the country ( and beyond) that I consider friends because of this place.

I discovered I was not a weirdo, Ok well maybe i am, but I found out I wasn't the only one!

Thanks Ryan, Happy 15th.

27. Thanks for keepin' the focus!! You haven't let the masses pull it right or left. Some get it, some don't. Those that don't eventually fall away, leaving bandwidth for the dedicated. Aim it straight down the track and keep your foot in it........!!!!!!!!

28. brewsir

brewsir

Oh yea...the "good old days" I remember sitting in front af the computer for hours to read every post (dial up SUCKED) and wishing I didn't work nights so I could be involved with all the late night drunken posts back then...on topic,off topic who was fighting who at Paso,whitewall battle with the RRR.....
    Thank you Ryan for all of these years!

29. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

You know when there's a new Rodders Journal or R&C in the mailbox and you get that excited, happy feeling of getting to crack it open and see something about hot rods you havent seen yet? That's what the Hamb is like EVERY DAY. That and the fact that you can pal around with the other folks on here is why I love this place. We all know it's more than a website. It's a community. It's a home.

30. Claych

Claych
    from Ca.

:D 267k threads

:D65.5k members

....(wait for it)

:eek: 3.2 million!!! posts

your such a loser :rolleyes: