Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A Young Man Of Speed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Some mighty fine work going on over there! Glad you all shared the pics, made my day!

3. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I met Josh last summer when we visited the AMOCAT shop, he's a really cool guy. Down to earth, friendly, and loves what he's doing. This car is sure to be a stunner, can't wait to see more of it.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

There are so many projects going on right now that I am chomping at the bit to see completed as well as just the progress of each of them. Let me get this straight..

Roadster Body...Check
    Track Nose.......Check
    Injected Hemi....Check
    Rear Engined.....Check

This is a build that everyone will dream they building but only few have the means and brass to do so. I love that he calls himself a Mechanic even though that is clearly an understatement.

5. Yep...that there is definitely HAMB material! Thanks for keepin' the focus(IMO). New hands take note...
    It would be nice to see some progress shots on this one.

6. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

looks cool Josh!
    can't wait to see it finished

Zach

7. Wow, now I really gotta Visit Amocat after the swap meet in a couple weeks :D

8. couverkid

couverkid

Now that is a neat car. Great work so far cant wait to see it done. Looks a little like the Speed Sport car.NEAT

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

10. D Staig

D Staig

Wow, what a cool project!

Well done Josh and please keep us updated.

11. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

How old is Josh?
    BTW, it looks more mid-engined rather than rear engined.

12. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

13. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Couple weeks??? You mean THIS Sat right????:p

Killer rig!

Chevy frame?????

14. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

great looking roadster josh!! cant wait to see it around on the streets!!

sin... they are having 2swaps corvette stuff this weeknd!! and the early bird on the 14th

15. YeeeeaaaHHHHHH!!!

16. josh higgins

josh higgins

thanks to ryan and everyone else for the compliments. the hamb drag cars were part of what got a few of us talking about building something to take to our local track on test-and-tune nights to see what some of our engines could do. the idea proceeded to snowball from the low-buck rolling engine stand phase to this tube chassis injected hemi thing. obviously the cage isn't modern so it wont be going all that fast but if it's as fun to drive and tune as it has been to build then mission accomplished. and it is still going to be the test mule for anything that will fit in it and bolt to a ford box. Inspired by the late 50's Modified roadster drag class, where the Speed Sport team ruled, and also by some of the lakes cars that made occasional trips down the drag strip. i guess it's a little bit of both. the thing it's not is a street car, and even with a modern cage it's about 40 inches too short on the wheel base to run Rear Engine Modified Roadster with the SCTA, so a drag car it'll be. any day now, right marshall?

17. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yeah, I know....but I thought Steve said something about a get together this Sat......I may have confused the two though.....my bad:)

18. VanHorton

VanHorton

this deserves to stay up at the top a little longer haha.... I love it!

19. Now that's what I am talking about...that's a recipe for perfect right there!

20. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

I wondered about that,having grenaded a much later Ford trans with a 354 Hemi without even trying ,I couldn't see a flattie trans putting up with the torque of an injected hemi:)
    That was another thing i thought about. A short car on the salt is pretty scary,it feels like the back is trying to over take the front.:)
    The whole concept is bang on! :cool:

21. autobilly

autobilly

Josh's Roadster may not be the quickest thing down the 1320 but it may well be the COOLEST!
    Talk about spreadin' the traditional gospel.

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

For real. Young Brash & Hopeful, just as they were.

23. funnycar

funnycar

Very nice project! Have soon a good run!

24. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Welcome to the HAMB Josh! Thanks for sharing this with us I really like it. I hope you can find the time to keep us posted.

25. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Dang, I am seeing a whole lot I like about that project and not so much I don't like, actually nothing I don't like so far. Nice, very nice!

26. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Cool place, i stopped in there a while back, lots of goodies, They should hand out drool rags at the door

27. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

I really like it so far. I was a little bummed that the SCTA made the rear engine roadster minimum wheel base soo long, cuz these early style T's just looked soo right.
    Can't wait to see it done.

28. Josh, please keep us posted with updates, awesome ride.

29. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

This is one talented man!!! I say man because he only looks like he is 22! There is more to come from him in the future. I wish there was a way to capture his passion and package it in a drink. But that's what makes him so good. I feel a bit responsible for the racing bug that he now has. Hours working on our topfuel car and trips to Bako created what you see now. The best part is there is no ego around the shop. It is all about the cars and the creativity.

And yes we will be hangin out at the shop this Saturday night. If your in Puyallup stop by.

Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emporium

30. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

It's never going to work.