Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever Seen a Hot Rod Ice Cream Truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

Times are getting tough and my job has cut hours so I was thinking of ways to make money on the side and I always thought about an Ice Cream Truck. I am sure I am not the only one to think of this but has anyone seen a bad ass Ice Cream Truck with an old Hot Rod Theme to it? Anyone ever had one ? Was it good money ? Hopefully this won't get removed.

2. 31whitey

31whitey

google "Ice cream man from hell"

3. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

Oh yeah, that is one bad a$$ machine, just picked up a copy of Monster Nation book this weekend with a story on him.

4. One word: Divco

5. Kerry67

Kerry67

6. George

George

Are milk trucks & ice cream trucks the same thing?

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

There's a guy in Pennsylvania that has a hot roded ice cream truck, but he doesn't sell ice cream out of it........it's just sort of an oddity that everybody gets a laugh out of.....
    If I can find a picture I'll post it.....

CB

8. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

wasnt there a icecream truck with hydros in a CHEECH&CHONG movie in the 70's or 80's
    i dont think the were seving icecream though.. if i remamber right it was a 47-54 chevy with the top cut off maybe someone can find a pic of that for you

9. Gigantor

Gigantor

that was Nice Dreams ... not one of their better flicks, but a cool truck nonetheless. I think it's a neat idea, but I imagine you wouldn't make a whole lotta money ... now a mobile BEER truck might work if you could get the licensing and work events around you ... or maybe even a mobile COFFEE truck making top-notch espressos and capuccinos and stuff... park in busy metropolitan areas in the morning, noon and evening and you'd make a fortune. That high-test "sissy" coffee makes the world go round and people expect to pay 3-5 bucks for a coffee creation and the overhead on one of those drinks doesn't come near to approaching what they are sold for. The caffienated drinks combined with the hot rod would be a great marketing tool that went hand in hand. And of course, you could make them iced coffees in the hot months.
    Just a thought. But then again, I'm a coffee addict.

"Jumped-Up Jalopy Java"

Hell... I might do it if I lose my current gig ... I just spotted an old Divco truck yesterday.

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

Yeah......Nice Dreams.

I am hoping to make a few bucks at this. It is Ice Cream weather year round here in Arizona and I figure with a cool Hot Rod theme, I might have some fun with it as well. Plus, maybe get into some car events, etc. I think it would be fairly cheap to get into but not sure about all the legal stuff involved. Gotta start looking into it. Like I said, I know I am not the only one to want to combine Hot Rods and the Ice Cream thing but it could be fun I think and maybe help out in a bad time.

11. Barris 'Ice Cream Truck'

[​IMG]

12. http://hotrodicecream.net/pictures.html

Hot Rod Ice Cream Pictutes - 2006 Shows

<TABLE cellSpacing=10 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    1.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    10.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    11.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    12.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    13.jpg</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    14.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    15.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    2.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    3.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    4.jpg</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    5.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    6.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    7.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    8.jpg</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]
    9.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

13. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

why waste your time and talent .not to shoot your idea down. i dont think it would be a good money maker. after building or buying the car you would start out in the negative ................... my 2 cents wait a minute only 1 cent times are tough . my apologies carcrazyjohn

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

They used to have a "Swell Time" Ice cream truck out on the lakes in the 40's. I always thought that was pretty cool.

15. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

One of the coolest things I ever saw (no pun intended) was on Epay maybe 3 years ago. It was a bullet nose studebaker car with an ice box conversion on back for selling ice cream! It must have been designed with somewhere like California in mind as the 2 front seats were open with no top, and the ice box started from where the back seats would have been. I even went as far as contacting the seller for ice box dimensions to see whether or not I could have got in there in my wheelchair and used it as a Kripple wagon, but there wasnt enough head clearance and thinking about it, the open front seats are a bad idea in a country where it pisses down with rain all the time. Sure was a crazy thing though. :D
    Paul

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

Because I would not go to the extreme that these guys did and sink thousands into the truck. I am talking a basic Ice Cream Truck and maybe some flames, scallops or something. I need to do something and options are limited. Nobody is hiring, my job cut my hours and I think I could get a decent truck by selling of some stuff I have, so no money out of my pocket so to speak.

17. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

From VLV a few years ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Hey Kerry ....heres a couple...ya gotta play Van Halens.ICE CREAM MAN

Attached Files:

19. When I was a kid in the late 60's we had an ice cream guy that drove a little C-Cab delivery hot rod ice cream truck. He was the most popular ice cream truck that made the rounds.

20. I used to have on of these back in the early 70's. Not converted for Ice Cream though, Stock right from the USPS. It had the Iron Duke 4 banger, Powerglide, and posi rearend. Now that I think about it the posi rearend might make a good poorman's "narrowed" rearend.

[​IMG]

21. Kerry67

Kerry67

Of course !!! Stop me when I'm passin by !!!

22. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

saw this in Lake George Ny

Attached Files:

23. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

There is a guy here that has several ice cream trucks that are hot rodded the same and he does sell ice cream out of them. He also has the very ice cream vehicle that I bought ice cream off of back when I was very little. It was a little merry go round looking car that he sat in the middle of and drove/sold from that spot.

The local news did a feature about the vehicles that he owned and had my hot rod in the mix with me getting a free ice cream off the merry go round car that I used to get when I was little.

Here it is....

Attached Files:

24. Kerry67

Kerry67

Hell, even if you could profit $100 a week after all is said and done, it should be a fun part time gig.

25. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I saw him once when I was a kid.
    I'll never forget it.

26. muttafokker

muttafokker
    from new york

check out jimmy the ice cream man from hell.www.icmfh.com.or google ice cream man from hell.blown 54 ice cream truck.

27. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

28. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Nice dreams ice cream truck:
    [​IMG]

29. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Here's one.

Attached Files: