Register now to get rid of these ads!

331 Chrysler poly engine people...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bricker, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Bricker

Bricker

Hey guys, I've chatted a few of you up about the poly motor, and read a lot of tech articles and general postings about 'em and its been a lot of help...

Now, I know some of you dig these motors (me too) and have likely grabbed a few and tossed em in whatever projects over the years. I've decided to use my 331 "spitfire" poly motor in my 55 dodge 1/2 ton truck- but rather than spend a wad of cash getting headers made I'm going to use the stock manifold for the time being just to get her back on the road since my time constraints and wallet are quite thin right now. Besides I've still got the exhaust I welded up for when there was a 318 in there ready to link up to. Trouble is that while both sides seem to be interchangeable, both are not identical and the one that swoops out further on one side just wont fit in without hitting my frame.

Anybody got one of the "shallow" sides kicking around your garage you wanna let go of?

Besides that question, I'd enjoy seeing your spitfires in use if you have photos.

2. Bricker

Bricker

Added some photos of the manifolds I currently have in my profile gallery... need the shallow side pictured on bottom in all 3 pics.

Any junk hoarders out there with this scrap I need?

3. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

If this is mainly a 'Wanted'-topic you would better post it in the Classifieds before it get's axed here.
    If you just want pics of Chrysler Poly's, well here's my 354, still in it's original home aswell...

[​IMG]

I also have a 392 Hemi laying around which I bought some shorty headers for. I'm not sure but I would think these would also fit the Poly engines.

4. George

George

Hemi & Poly ex mans don't interchange.

5. 73RR

73RR

^^^^^what he said........I do have header flanges for the Spitfire if you need...

6. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Thanks for the correction George & 73RR. My experience is still rather limited when it comes to Poly's and Hemi's.
    I do want to change over my own 354 poly to a Hemi sometime in the future. If I'm correct I just need heads and pistons for this changeover.

7. George

George

Pistons & the complete head assembly including push rods & ex mans.

8. spellsinger

spellsinger
    from California

Here is my poly motor. 56 chrysler windsor, planning on putting it in a 26 three window chrysler.
    tom

Attached Files:

9. spellsinger

spellsinger
    from California

By the way, both exhaust manifolds, the trans, torque converter, intake manifold, and carb will all be replaced. So if someone wants any of these parts, let me know. Tom

10. Slowskate

Slowskate

You still got the exhaust manifolds? I am looking for a passenger side for my 56 331 Poly wagon? Thanks!

11. twoANDfour

twoANDfour

I think I have a set if you still need em. I'm gonna build lakes.