Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Chevrolet Presents: The Trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Wowcars

Wowcars

Oh, come on Ryan, I'm a bit partial to the '40 Chevy. Course this coming from a guy who drives a '50 Studebaker.

3. belair

belair

So they DID perfect the knee action shock-I was still waiting for that particular piece of news. "Speed dwelling"? Great video, thanks for the post.

4. I could think of a lot cars that look worse than a 40 Chevy. I just won't mention them so I don't offend anyone.

5. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

with a set of 13" wires, some pinner whites and Our Lady painted on the trunk lid that '40 would kill

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Oh... I like early Chevrolets. They just aren't your typical hot rod/custom platforms.

7. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

8. novadude

novadude

I would disagree. I really dig 37-40 Chevys. One my my favorite late '30s-early-40s cars.

Way back in the late-1980s, my Dad's friend bought a '40 coupe that was a "barn find", parked sometime in the early 1960s. Had a GMC six under the hood w/ 3 carbs and a split exh manifold. Apparently there were a few folks hot rodding Chevs in the "traditional" era.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

10. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Yeah, there's tons of neat vids there, plan on staying a while. :)

11. That's cool. I've been taking trips in my '40 Chevy Convertible for 30 years and 150K as of this March. Ugly old car but it has served well indeed. Nobody else evrr wanted it more yhen me so I just kept goin.

Charlie

Attached Files:

12. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

For some unknown reason, I always found it interesting the brief period of time when grilles went from vertical to horizontal. Obviously the '40 Chevy was in that transition.

13. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gee, that's swell....

14. autobilly

autobilly

I agree, like say, anything they made last year!

15. Do you have to subscibe to the site or somthing? Only a few of the videos have a link to watch them when I was poking arround in the site. I'd like to watch 'um all.

16. That's cool...the good old days when you could fall asleep in the back of Dad's car without wearing those uncomfortable safety belts...of course about the time they got to Grandma's house the Mrs. mentioned that she thinks that she forgot to turn the oven off and now Dad gets back in, slams the door, and heads back to Anytown, USA careening down the back roads while simultaneously pulling the flask from his inner pocket of his suit (gotta dress formal when going to Grandma's house).He gets home just in time to find the volunteer Fire Department dousing the flames on what remains of the house...good thing there was room for plenty of luggage in the '40's trunk and hopefully there is plenty of room at Grandma's house...

17. I love that they had the Ford starter "Clunk" in stereo when the girls go for a ride.

18. 30roadster

30roadster

Yeah thats a pretty sappy movie....I loved the little girl wailing on her brother to wake him up because the ride was sooooo smooth they had to snooze! Wish my honda had the same effect on my two back seat gladiators.
    Great Stuff!

19. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Try this: http://www.auto-history.tv/index1.html
    Click on: click here to enter,then pick a catagory on the menu on the left, NOT on the pictures.

20. Thanks! That works...but now my afternoons work ethic is shot to hell.:D

21. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

WOW - great link...

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Very neat. Gotta get me a suit like that.

-Dave

23. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

ha ha ryan I think your trying to start something

24. Did them Chevies have REALLY hard springs, or did that car's suspension not move at all when everbody got in?

25. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Very cool...