Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Surfer Style Wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shawn F., Nov 26, 2008.

1. I am not sure what the hell to call this but just put it as surfer style wagons (if that is even a style haha). Anyways as some may know, I recently picked up a 63 Chevy II Wagon to run my business out of and am in the process of body work and paint. I haven't totally decided on a color but I think it will be a greenish color (similar to stock but not quite). The interior will be tan (fawn) and possibly a darker tan or an old tweed look like you may see on vintage guitar cases for the speaker covers (even on old guitar amps). I may throw in some wood grain as well but that's all up in the air right now.
    Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas on interior material, paint, etc? Pictures would be great. Here is a color I am looking at doing: http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehicles/116_0703_1967_chevy_ii_nova/index.html
    Oppinions and pictures are greatly appreciated. Like I said, I want to go with the whole vintage surfer styled theme.
    Thanks!

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I think Surf wagon is a look. I put it back to the So Cal beaches in the 60's. has to have a rake, simple car (not flashy or overly nice) and able to handle a long board. mag wheels and maybe bamboo side curtains (for changing closes)..

3. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Well here is a friend of mines burban from House O Speed in Austin, not a wagon but I think you will appreciate the surfer feel of it.

Cindy Rascke aka Crash painted all the tiki stuff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sololobo

sololobo

That Austin Suburban is the coolest surf wagon on the planet!! I have drooled over it every time I have been lucky enough to see it. I am putting a few surf touches to my Suburban (Plymouth). But it will pale in comparison to this bad ass rig!! Super kudos to Cindy for the sweet paint work!! It is a long way to the beach in Nebraska!!~Sololobo~

5. Voodoowagon, I think you're ready for your next project. I think that rig would be perfect for this part of the country so maybe you wanna trade straight up for a low milage beauty. She's all ready for surfin ' duty. Howz-a-bout-a cream puff 1990 Buick Estate Wagon??/

I can feel your giving it some thought...

No? - - - Damn.

Sir, you knocked one out of the park with that beauty. Congrats.

6. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

Neat paint work... real talent there... Nice job.

7. nice burb. real nice. no sandy neoprene ever been in there. all of my "surf wagons" have been a cheap anything with rain gutters for a rack and a good heater and room for a 3 or 4 board quiver. mostly something crappy so it dont get busted in to when im not at the home break.

8. dotcentral

dotcentral

I like the falcon console shifter cover on that Sub.

9. Any idea what that material is on the front side of the dash? I think that would be cool in the door panels! I like the interior touches and the bamboo/wood effects.

10. This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! VERY cool!!!

11. BTW, I am looking for suggestions on the color of my wagon. I like the green in the link I posted on #1 post but am still open to suggestions!
    Thanks!

12. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

I will call him this weekend and check and see, not real sure

13. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

YEAH, it takes some walking around the burb to really notice a lot of the unique stuff that was done

14. That would be great, thanks!

15. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

WOW is all I can say ,that sub is to cool:cool:

16. injectedA

injectedA

These came from that auction site...I dig it!!!

Very nice sub Voodoo, where did you get all the little Tiki dudes?

Attached Files:

Chavezk21 likes this.
  17. I like the blue one two pics above that thing is nice! I like the blue and off white (cream) roof posts.

18. This was my wife's. It now lives in New Zealand where it is still a surfer wagon on the North Island. Although I did keep the original 60's Aloha Surf Racks
    [​IMG]

19. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

My old surf wagon. Need to do another one of these days......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chavezk21 likes this.
  20. Very nice. Where can I get one of these racks at? I dont want something that I have to drill holes and maker permanent. Something that clamps onto the drip rail would be nice. I dont have trim or chrome on the drip rail but was thinking about getting the stainless drip rail trim to add some more chrome to the car.
    Thanks!

21. DollaBill

DollaBill

My old Suburban

22. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Not to discount the wagons but those two burbs got it going on!!! Nice work.

Paco

23. Good looking Suburban. I am not a fan of the wheels but the rest of it is great! When looking for a work vehicle I didn't think about looking for a 60's or 70's Suburban until AFTER I bought my 63 Wagon. That's ok though, I think it will be roomy enough.

24. Crafty B

Crafty B

here is a couple of my surf wagons....wish I knew how to surf
    crafty B

Attached Files:

25. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

The rack came from a fella in SoCal, goes by Moonlight Woodies - www.moonlightwoodies.net . His name is George Benson (no not THAT George Benson) Price was reasonable and worked easily. Relatively easy to take on and off too. I had a crack develop in one of the bamboo rods, and he sent me a new one, no muss, no fuss, no problems. Nice guy. Hope that helps. Tim :)

26. Thanks for the info, I will have to contact him once I get this thing pulled apart and body work started that way I can fit it up and make sure I have no problems.
    Crafty B, anymore pictures of that F100? I have a 66 F100 and plan to do that same thing with mine but in gloss black, worn off white logo and lettering on the doors, wide whites, etc. I like both pictures though, looks great!

27. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Got to be the ultimate surf wagon
    As seen at the primer nationals parking lot

Attached Files:

28. Eh.... What the hell is it? Looks... Square?

29. TexasT

TexasT
    from Texas

Maybe this place http://www.moonlightwoodies.net/CarsProjectsParts.html

I like the 'Burbs, too.