Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1937 Chev Truck Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K13, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Ok so I am one of those guys that has a build going and rarely posts partly due to being a bit intimidated by all the great builders on here and partly because I am terrible at actually taking pictures when I work on stuff. Anyways the thread an best build on the HAMB started making me feel guilty about never posting anything about my project so here it goes.:eek:

Here are some shots of the chassis. I have been doing this build a bit ass backwards as I have never done this before and keep leaning better ways to do things and getting slightly better fabrication skills so I keep changing stuff but I am trying to get the Chassis done right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. diggin' the six...been toying with using a 250-6 in my 37 international...

3. Sorry for the pics being so big I tried to resize them but it looks like only the first one worked.

As I mention because I am doing this build in no particular order I have done a bunch of body mods and mocked the truck up so here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now but I will try and be more proactive at posting progress. Any comments are appreciated but try to not bust my balls too much.:D

4. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i like it , sharp looking inline engine

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks gooood! Would love to see a better side profile of that truck.

6. ...everything is TOO nice!...keep up the good work, that'll be a fun truck to drive.
    Inlines rule!

7. Flop

Flop

dig it man keep up the clean work i am also sober while typing this so i will remember. hope your b pillars are straight!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

8. the trucks lookin great!

9. Thanks guys!

I would love to see a better side profile shot as well. :D The driveway outside the garage is about a 30 degree slope and it is a bitch to push the truck in and out, well mostly in outs pretty easy, and for that reason I have never taken a good profile shot.

HAHAHA. Glad to hear your sober and yes the B pillars are straight.:D

10. elvi411

elvi411

The back of that truck looks like 1986 wow

11. slammed

slammed

Sit's great. Love the grill. Look's like your massage of metal on the nose is coming along. The smooth 6 banger will be a joy on the road. What is the tail section?

12. BOXER957

BOXER957

Don't ever be intimidated, no matter how good or bad you are, there is always someone better or worse. The truck looks awsome kudos to you for using the six, the pictures are great,I'm jealous keep up the good work.

13. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

I think I get what youre going for out back and looks liek good work, but I just dont see it working with the truck - but just my opinion
    it looks like your fabbing the bed comletely - bedsides, frame, etc, right? show some more shots of how that went , side shot, etc please - did you weld the bed frame directly to the chassis I cant tell from the shot? Im about to do a stake bed, so just getting ideas from others - I like the bedside rails from the tail shot

14. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I see that you, as I do, prefer fuel under pressure to be confined by metal as opposed to plastic or rubber. There's a lot of nice work showing!

15. I have actually changed the back a bit. Still the same pan but different lights just one a side, 50 pontiac, and the exhaust will exit thorugh it as well. Yeah I fabbed the bed and am actually going to change the stake pockets so they have more flow to them. As I mentioned when I first started doing this my knowledge of metal working was pretty rudimentary and I did stiff the only way I knew which was usually straight pieces welded together. The bed frame is actually bolted to the bed and the box bolts to it.

16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

As a 37 owner I am glad to see it still look like a truck and not a fenderless cobbled up mess,mine has a 57 235 and a 5 speed and looks basicly stock but lowered about 4 inches all the way around. Jeff

17. as I mentiuoned I don't have and direct side shots. Here is a picture of the front of the bed as you can see the stake pockets are pretty angular and I plan on cahnging them to something with a liitle more shpe to them. Nothing to radical just less boxy.

[​IMG]

18. Looks good to me!

19. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Very nice.. Totally digging the grill/hood and hood sides.

20. CGkidd

CGkidd

Love the look of the truck. How much did you chop it?

21. Capt Crash

Capt Crash
    from Colorado

It looks VERY good. I also have a 37 Chevy in the back yard, that hopefully will be getting its turn in the shop soon. What is the frame out of?

Brian

22. nice work and finally.... someone with a shop as small as mine.... keep up the excellent work.

23. Thanks Guys

It's chopped about 2" vertical height.

It is the stock frame.

24. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

you tha man. that thing is F-ing sick.

25. Ok so I tried to rework the back end of the truck and it just wasn't working for me (as it wasn't working for some of you guys either:D) so I started from scratch and built a new rolled pan. The exhaust will exit throught the two inner bezels which still need to be chromed and I think I am going to move the licence plate higher up into the pan so it doesn't hang down as much but I am much happier with this look than I was before.

[​IMG]

26. Flop

Flop

dig it man nice work!!

27. knuckelhead

knuckelhead
    from socal

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I like what you've done to the front. It's different but you haven't lost he origional look. I think it will be super when it's finished. I also like the changes to the rear. Keep us updated on the progress.

Frank

29. Nice looking build. Thanks for the views of the Mustang IFS. I've been think about eventually doing that to my '38 truck. What are you using for a brake pedal assembly now that you've gone with the later bellhousing?

Rob