Register now to get rid of these ads!

DEUCE OF SPADES HOTROD FILM UPDATES - photos from the Saugus and dry lake shoots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

[​IMG]

With over 70 shoots completed, and only two more left, I can now officially say that I am just about done filming the flashbacks scenes of my full feature period hotrod film DEUCE OF SPADES.

www.deuceofspadesmovie.com

As many of you already know, the journey started a little over a year and a half ago and I have not stopped working on this film since. Yesterday, it hit me that I have been filming EVERY SINGLE WEEK-END for the last YEAR. I kid you not. Plus going to my day job mon thru fri during the week.

Basically I have been working myself to death - but loving every minute of it. This has been such an AMAZING adventure! And by far the biggest undertaking and challenge for me, to date.

With a little help from my friends (you guys know who you are ;)) and of God, I have been able to move ahead with the making of this full feature film and make it look like a pro made film, on a NO budget and doing EVERYTHING MYSELF. And I mean EVERYTHING - from A to Z.

This has meant for me going without sleep, sometimes without food, filming around the clock under some pretty rough conditions. Clearly a labor of love. Most people who have been on my set have said:

"Faith, I don't know how you do it!!!"

Well, I dont know how I did it myself, but somehow, I did. And here is the result.

TEASER # ONE = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMhYQy54YZY

TEASER # TWO = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GA8sgt_x5c

I recently posted the teasers on my filmmakers forum and was really surprised to see the overwhelmingly positive feedback from my fellow indie filmmakers. Some of these guys have been at it for many years and are really good. So, to get the "hats down" from them really made me happy.:D None of them could believe I did all of this without ANY budget. I told them if it wasn't for all my hotrod friends, none of this would have ever happened.

SO THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE HELPED ME IN ANY WAY. I would not have made it this far without you.

Here are some photos of my latest shoots, including the SAUGUS DRAGSTRIP FLASHBACK and the DRY LAKE RACING FLASHBACK. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed creating them.

PS: If anyone knows how to embed videos in the thread, please embed the above two clips for me. Thank you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Some of the cars from the El Mirage shoot

Special thanks to the Reelers for their contribution to this scene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After obtaining an official 'permission to depict' release from Coca Cola, I was finally able to feature the 50's fave softdrink in a scene. :D

[​IMG]

3. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Did they have any funny guide lines like "no one can become sick after drinking a Coca Cola Beverage"?

4. arto

arto

Looks really promising. I can't wait to see more!

5. Thanks Faith. It's going to be big!

6. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

The Saugus dragstrip shoot :D

SPECIAL THANKS TO COOL HAMBERS WHO HELPED AND BROUGHT THEIR CARS AND SMILES TO THE SHOOT. I love you guys!! :)

It would not be a good hotrod movie if we did not have phenomenal flagman jumps, a rocket 88, a 50's authentic dragster, some cool roadsters and of course, the quentessential 50's hotrod fight, complete, with switchblade knife and lots of cheering from the crowd. That sure was a blast to film :D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Very cool

8. Fantasic job Faith! I was sold on it the first time I saw a post about the movie. I Love the transition from B&W to color. You have a hit on your hands.
    Good luck and God Bless on the debut of Deuce of Spades.

9. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Very cool Faith. Good luck with wrapping it up.
    Roll on spring 09!

10. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Beautiful work, can't wait to see it.

Not being in the biz, what happens now?
    You show it at some festivals and hope it
    gets picked up and goes big?

Regardless, great job thus far.

11. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

What happens now is I get to film the rest of the film LOL. The modern days sections. I am editing as I film, so I am fairly up to speed on post production, but there will be a lot of fine tuning to do once all the scenes are filmed/edited. Also, things such as color correction, filters, sound mastering etc...

Distribution would be nice, but I am Ok with selling it direct to the public if I have to. I do know that I don't want to sell the film, I want to remain in control of my artistic creation. But I'll worry about that bridge when I get closer to crossing it ;).

12. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

OK, I just fixed that. You should be able to see all the photos now :)

13. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Faith - Great production!, Your hard work and dedication really shows in the teasers. Are you going to have an opening night planned with hot rods parked all around the theatre?

14. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

I would love to :D.

15. zombiehut

zombiehut
    from calgary

Now thats something worth paying to go see at a theater.

Great job.

16. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

Faith you still ROCK

"Doc" Parsons

17. Can't wait - Faith, I admire you for two reasons. One, for having the balls to give it a go. Two, and perhaps even more so, FOR SEEING IT THRU.

A few car dudes can learn a thing or two from your level of commitment and dedication.

Bravo !!

Rat

18. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Looks like a great flick!!!

19. Wow I can not wait to see this. Any projections for release yet? Just too cool. We need more movies like this.
    -Dean

20. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I wish I wasn't so far away and could donate some time and my car for the film but I guess my donation will have to do. Will it get me a free dvd of the movie?:)
    Sounds like one of these days you will be due for a vacation. Get some rest when you can.

21. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

REST???????

I'll rest when I'm dead :D.

22. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Hey, I'd like to especiallly thank Royal Shifter for loading up his 50's dragster and hauling it all the way from Fresno down to Agua Dulce and placing it on my set. It sure added a lot to the scene to have it there.

You guys were so awesome! And also thank you for bringing some vintage helmets with you.

I am very grateful, thank you again.

23. Faith,
    I'm really looking forward to the final version...and thanks for the updates as it has progressed.
    This is gonna be really Cool:cool:.
    Skot

24. daddio211

daddio211

The wife and I can't wait for the release! Wherever/whenever it is, we'll drive down for it! ETA?

25. Abomination

Abomination

As always, totally wicked. :)

~Jason

26. solid

solid

Cant wait to see it.

27. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great job Faith!---Some scenes sure bring back many memories, of course in my day,(hi school 1946-1950 in Inglewood, Ca.) ALL the early iron was what 90% of the guys were running, both to school & street races at nights, also the lakes occasionaly. The only thing I could suggest is, not having the later model cars in your film that is primarily about real hot rods, (Model T's, A's, B's, up to 1940), in that time frame. Again, great job, &
    look forward to seeing the end results, sending my donation---------------Don

28. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

You are very welcome Lady.;)

29. Faith,

Any chance you will be showing Deuce of Spades at the 2009 California Independent Film Festival (http://caindiefilmfest.org/calindie/index.html) in April?

Lot's of HAMBers in & around the Livermore area ... and I'm sure we could organize period correct rods to park around the Vine Cinema.

30. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

Wow, looks like an awesome film. From the teaser I see that you have a fantastic eye for for details and can capture the feel of early hotrodding. great actors and film crew! I cant wait to see it:)

Kenny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.