Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures OT: You like Ferraris? How you like these Ferraris?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I know... Off topic... But god damn man... This is one of the best videos that I have seen in a long, long, long time... The bland narration fits gorgeously over the obviously VIVID images of kids having a ball in prancing horses.

A different level fellas. Different level...

2. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

cool video,thanks for posting! if anyone can get away with O/T posts its you. know when and where this was filmed? (i have the sound off at work so i dont know if they said).sure looks like the hills by my house. gotta love the backwards open face helmet

3. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

4. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Mulhulland DR. LA

I WANT THAT GTO!!!!!!!!!!

5. Any idea who the narrator is? It sound an awful lot like Alex Xydias, and he was very much into the filming of cool car stuff back at the time this seems to have been shot.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I know it's not Xydias as I asked after I thought the same thing... I'm not sure who it is, but I love his voice.

7. same hot rod spirit, different cars. the only real difference is when they filmed that, you could go out and beat on your gto instead of storing it in an air conditioned room in bubble rap.

8. Cool stuff. Love that GTO. There is NOTHING like the sound of a 12 cyl. Ferrari at full song. I went to a Ferrari open house at the local dealer last year. If they woulda recorded the sound of those cars leaving the dealership and screaming up Rt.1 I would have bought the CD. It is intoxicating.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You'd be amazed... I actually know quite a few Ferrari guys that beat the SHIT out of their cars. Some of those guys aren't much different than us really... other than the check book.

10. ryno

ryno

11. 31whitey

31whitey

12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

The narrator is Stephen Mitchell

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That is a cool video and glad to see someone actually having fun with a Ferrari. Ferraris are totally kick ass up until the late 60's and then they turn to cheeseball ego trophies after that. But most of the 50's cars and early 60's cars are basically hand made works of art and deserve to sit on any top shelf. I would love to have a 50's Ferrari and would even love to have that coupe - not as much into the GTO though as it is a bit too coveted and cliche.

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

15. boldventure

boldventure

Lately I've been talking to quite a variety of "car guys", and maybe it's just me but sounds to me like ALL "car guys" talk the same jargon/babytalk.
    That's what I always liked about "car guys" we speak the same language...mostly...

16. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

How is that OT, nothing OT about it.
    Very fuckin' cool.
    Shit, I just barreled up Mulholland this week, everything still looks the same, even traffic if very mild. Coolest road in CA besides PCH.

17. McKee

McKee

A coupla vintage Ferrari's ripping down Mulholland,...good times!

18. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

Ya gotta love guys who love cars enough to wanna dance with them.

19. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

2 of the prettiest shapes ever to encase a set of wheels.

20. slammed1

slammed1

This brings up a memory of a ESPN classic race I seen around 15 years ago with footage from around 1965-1969. It was a road race course set up in and on a airstrip(sorry dont know name) but after many many twisties there was a LONG straight away to run flat out to the twisties again.

As I was watching this episode,there were Ferarris,Cobras,Mustangs,Posrches and Corvettes,and Mercededs amoung others. I vividly remember the ferarriss kicking butt in the twisties nicely but out of th eblue everytime the straight would come up the Corvettes would blow by the Ferarris like they were standing still. I believe the vettes were GranSports. As I watched this old footage I kind of got teary eyed as the american cars would blow the doors of the italians down those long straights,almost made a God Bless the USA moment if you will.

I like all makes of cars,and ferarris included but seeing those GranSport Vettes outpower thosecars on the long straights gave me a great feeling.

21. The Peter he is talking about....Peter Fonda? Peter Brock?

22. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Peter Helms

23. metalshapes

metalshapes

More from the same guy...

24. Tony

Tony

The GTO is one of, if not, the sexiest Ferrari..
    Pure speed just sitting still...and moving, wow!
    The visual of it in the rear view mirror must have been quite a sight for it's opponents.

I wish it had sound as well...I would have LOVED to hear them!
    I have a customer who come's in our shop that own's an unrestored 69 365..He gave me the key's a few years back to take it on a short ride..
    Unreal is all i could say. NOT some cushy, comfortable ride.....but exactly what you would expect from a real sport's car.
    It felt all business..Gated shifter, FRIM steering, rough ride and a sound that was one i will NEVER forget.....
    I didn't horse the car, or drive it hard..It wasn't mine and i could afford to fix it had it broke..But all you had to do is just hold the gear's just a bit longer to hear and feel what you were in...
    Just unreal!!

Looked like this but silver, and a bit more worn...which made it that much nicer.

Cool vid, thanks for showing us.

Tony

Attached Files:

25. Really excellent - have always loved the GTO, just the perfect front engined Ferrari - shape, sound and, a very good race car.
    Was almost as good as 'Rendezvous', and you are able to see the cars in this.

26. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Did you watch "Good Will Hunting" last night?

27. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

The narration reminds me of Warren Miller ski videos, classic simply classic!!!

28. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

looks like a burning head on crash with gore in the making.

29. ???? This isn't the nightly news, it was shot long ago on a really neat road - which is still available for use.