Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for 1932 Ford Gasser Pics...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sledbuilder, Aug 26, 2008.

1. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

Hey, just was wondering if anyone has any pics of 1932 fords set up as Gassers/Hot Rods.... not 40's/50's style coupes(love those too, but just looking for more ideas). I have a 5 window and want to change it around.... starting to lean towards a gasser.

Thanks Jason

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Look for pictures of Harry Luzader's '32 5w. One of the finest '32 gasser style cars ever. I don't have a picture handy but maybe someone else here can post one.

Frank

3. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

cool, i'm sure their are plenty of cars.....just finding pics is gonna be the tough one.
    thanks!

4. Andamo

Andamo

Here are 3 pictures of Harry's car. The car is still around the area and Harry has tried many times getting it back, but the new owner won't give it up.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

6. MilesM

MilesM

Look for pics of the HAMB drags for the orange 3W with orange windows.

7. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

8. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I like that one. I'll bet it's killer at night under street lights.

9. brandon

brandon

this one was the "STUFF"...(the 1st pic and the orange one)..:D just remember....gassers have fenders...the hiboy was thrown in for altered flavor.....brandon:D

Attached Files:

10. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

AWESOME! keep'em commin!
    -jason

11. From TRJ # 41. Harry Luzader's B gas 32. Injected 292" sbc, muncie 4 speed, went 120 in mid elevens in 64. Voted one of the top 75 Deuces of all time. This coupe IS the 60's.

Attached Files:

12. Andamo

Andamo

Dean, I can remember driving out the PA Turnpike in maybe 1962 or 1963 and passing Harry driving the '32 out to Quaker City Raceway to race. He would change to slicks, open the exhaust and race all day. This was before he was using injection and I think he had a Man-A-Fre system on the car. At the end of the day, he'd reverse the procedure and drive home. From where Harry lived in Monroeville, PA to the track was 75 mile trip. With those steep gears in the car, that had to be a noisy ride.

13. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Same deal as you.. I got tired of the C-dan looking the same way, and had the axle laying there.

I did this entire conversion WITHOUT cutting, welding or changing anything on the car.. (made my own long hair pins to bolt where the wishbones did)

When I took the axle back out, I did the switch over in 8 hours! Kinda neat to think you can change a car that much in one day!

----------------------------------------------------------

august 2005

[​IMG]

oct, 2005

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh! And by the way. It works! The fastest i was ever able to get out of my C-dab down low was 13.3 , with the axle she turned 12:40's A FULL SECOND QUICKER! (And it did wheelies which was really cool for a steer car!)

[​IMG]

now its back down..

June 2008

[​IMG]

Sorry for so many pictures, but each one shows a different detail on the front end. In all I raised it 12 INCHES. I did nothing to the rear, other than a tire change.

It was cool looking but drove like shit! No front brakes and very loose feeling... But it was cool for a bit! I took it out cause you just couldn't drive it real far. I'm sure if you did it right, (not like I did it) it could be very driveable. It was just a fun thing to do with some parts laying around!

...and, I know "Gassers have fenders!":rolleyes:

Joshua Shaw

14. Cool story. I drove my roadster to the track before we put the Hilborns on it. I drove it on the slicks, but changed the gears in the quickchange at the track. A great time in drag racing history. Street class cars actually drove on the street. Too bad money ruined it.

15. I like it both ways! For those that don't get why 60's gassers were nose high, this is the reason. Weight transfer!! Very cool!! Thanks for the pics.

16. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Thanks Dean, (I still can't get over your midget pics)

The transfer difference was unreal! I went all out, I took a few leafs out so it would be "Soft" and those shocks are 90/10 shocks we used to run on our dirt car. For those of you that might not understand that..
    They have 10% resistance one way (out in this case) and 90% the other. (Down) You can get 10/90's that do the opposite, and all kinds of different ones inbetween.

what that does is when you launch the car, it raises up on the suspension very fast and easy, then the shocks hold it up there through 1st gear. Just as the shocks are letting it down, you yank second! On my second pass two guys said they saw the left front come up an inch or two when I shifted to 2nd...

PERRRRRRFECT!

It also made it fun when you would NAIL it rolling along in first at about 10-15 MPH. Take Honda kids rides that had never felt rear wheel tranfer like that! All you would see is sky and telephone wires!

I recomend it SLEDBUILDER!!

JD

17. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

o.k. why is it that gassers all have fenders....in terms of 32's? I missed that day in school....

18. titus

titus

i think it really tends to what class the car was in, if the fenders were off then its was modified production or something like that, plus they look tits with a huge gap between the fenders and the tires!!

JEFF

19. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

1964 NHRA rules book states the cars in street classes must have fenders and bracing but can be fiberglass if cars stock appearance is retained.........

20. That is correct. Fenders off, it's an altered.

21. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

I know this isn't what your looking for, but I'm going to post this Front-Running C/Gas Drag Coupe anyway.

Attached Files:

22. I must have been standing next to Brandon when we both shot Harry's coupe at Cecil County, MD. Forty odd years later the same shot on the same thread.

Attached Files:

23. brandon

brandon

unforunately , i wasn't standing there...:D a little before my time... but thats pretty cool that their the same pic....only on the hamb... brandon:D

24. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

HRM August '64.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. emtr2

emtr2

1932 ford roadster steel body with 1953 merc flathead.
    and its sister the 1932 3 window coupe.

Attached Files:

26. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

27. Down South Racer

Down South Racer

Larry Teeter in the 32 Victoria versus, I believe, Frank Gladney in the 55.

28. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

29. c-town fab worx

c-town fab worx

[​IMG]dont know if this worked but this is a picture of a 32 gasser built by c-town garage

30. c-town fab worx

c-town fab worx