Register now to get rid of these ads!

A few photos from Good Guys Pleasanton on Sunday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bava17, Aug 25, 2008.

1. bava17

bava17

Pleasanton '08:

Attached Files:

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

[​IMG]

this is my new favorite car. the guy said it was a race car back in the 60's and 70's which makes it even better.

they sure give out a load of awards at this show. the line to the awards ceremony was a mile long.

3. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

Those pics of roscoes car must have been in line to get all those "show car" awards he seems to be winning lately? Ha ha I love how much he hates that too.

4. bava17

bava17

Hey Johnny,
    no shit! he "pretends" he doesn't like the award stuff but I am sure he is glad he wins. and it's really good for Mikey. can't hurt anyway. Truthfully, Ross would rather be driving it than sitting at a car show all day though. But I'm sure it's nice to win.
    how's the truck?
    Steve (Ross' brother)

5. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

Hey steve,
    I know he just down plays all the winning stuff. After the monetary investment on something like that it's nice to have others apreciate it. That car's just plain rad. Trucks good, been doing a lot of work on it lately. mostly just stuff to make me more happy. Now I'm getting ready for the big move to Yuma. Now you need to get something in the door at chr. Wnere's the rest of the pics? I know you took more.
    johnny

6. That belongs to HAMBer Boones' father. He posted some cool history on it a while back...http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239448

Bryan

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I remember that car in the link when he first posted but never saw the update. that is a very nice car.

8. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

no more pics??? looks like it was a good show-

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

All but three of those were award winners.

10. Kirk, great shows as usual... I was there on Saturday when you fired your car too, wicked power plant.

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I see the coupe won an award...:cool:...thank you for the pics.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. bava17

bava17

anudder fur ya. same yet a little different. different angle.
    that car kicks my ass every time i see it! wow.
    that one too is hard to get a clean photo of with all the people around it all the time.
    you should be proud.
    steve

Attached Files:

13. bava17

bava17

hey Kirk, you are right. only the red '55, the black primered pickup (125K, whew!) and the 3 window dodge? were not in the "award winner" area. we were kinda hangin out around my brother's car a lot so that is why most of the photos are prolly of those cars in the award area. and...i really like most of those. my other brother and i were there sunday only and had our two son's with us (ages 7 and 5) so we were wrangling them most of the day. the boy's did really like the Revell "make it and take it" modeling deal. they are still talkin about it.
    good show.

yeah john, i need to get goin. except that i bought a toploader for my Galaxie so hopefully this winter i will be changing it from a AT car to the 4 speed. much better. have you ever seen our roadster? i need to get on that one. but easier and much faster is my sportcoupe. needs a dropped axle and juice brakes and at least i could drive her. someday a frame and chassis from CHR. then chop the shit outta the top. we also gots a '64 impala SS 327 4-speed car that i need to clean up and sell. bought her from the original owner just outside of town here.
    does it ever end?
    good to hear from you.
    Yuma? the lettuce industry (Ross) goes there every winter. i think he goes at least once a month. at least you're not to far from Bakersfield for CHRR.
    steve

Attached Files:

14. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

Yeah giving up hot rod building for the fast paced lettuce ind. Roadster looks cool. looks to be an old hot rod. At least grampa bava won't turn back over in the grave for that one. I guess the sport coupe would get him back on his back since ross got him to do the first turn. I hear your kid is quite the trophy critic. that's awesome what he told ross about his award.

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

16. bava17

bava17

yeah johnny, that roadster is an old Bay Area hotrod. supposedly the guy bought it off a used carlot in oakland as a hot rod. he drove it for a year or so, then tore it all apart and rebuilt it all himself. he painted it and flamed it himself too. this was all in the late 60's and early 70's. it won "best street roadster" at the cow palace right after he finished it. he drove it and raced it till about '79 then parked it. in about '88 or so he tore it apart to redo it and never did.
    now we own it.
    he used to run an Olds 394 and Muncie.
    it's a really cool piece.

yeah, i guess when your seven your would revolves around trophies. i think that is the only reason he plays sports. to get the trophy at the end of the season. no goddam certificates, please!

17. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pics dude, thanks for sharing!

18. sodas38

sodas38

Good to see the "Black Rushin" out and about. :)

19. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

when you're 35 trophies are a big deal too. insert red head we knows name here. That roadster is bitchen. You gonna put it the way he had it or just do it your own way?

20. 65 impala

65 impala

wow what a great blue roadster:cool:

21. bava17

bava17

no kidding. trophies help put food on red's table so who can blame him? more power to him.

when we get to the roadster, we would like to leave it alone as much as possible. too bad the guy burnt the paint at the bottom of the front cowl on the passenger side. (see photo) and also torched out some of the rear whell wells because he was going to tub it for some wider tires.
    it also has a push bar and in one of the photos you can see right behind the back/top of the seat a small circular chrome piece where the roll bar goes. there is one on the passenger side too and you can also see in a different photo where the roll bar came forward and connected to a piece of round tubing on the passenger side floorboard. i guess he only used it at the track. (Fremont) also came with his "street" set of wheels (wide chrome reverse) and the race set.
    it also came with the door panels and the kick panels that are upholstered just like the inserts in the seats, tourquoise and white striped.
    the car has all the suspension (all chrome), rearend (chrome Olds) and most of the bits and pieces. it is missing engine, driveline, exhaust and for some reason the steering column.

Attached Files:

22. MERC 55

MERC 55

I was there when he fired it up, really bad i took over 600 photos, jack