Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Drag pics from Mason Dixon Dragway Maryland

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eightydeuce, May 30, 2008.

1. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Recently had an opportunity to scan some old pics from Mason Dixon Dragway located outside Hagerstown Maryland, most of these were takin in the 60's. More to follow.

Attached Files:

2. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

more

Attached Files:

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammmm!!!! those are some bitchin' photos.

4. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

2 more, last 2 are from York US30 dragway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

6. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Hanky Panky!!!!!!!!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

The tri five pics are going right in my gasser photos!!

Thanks for posting.

7. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Super Cool Pics !! Brings back many old memories . I used to race there and the old 75-80 Dragway in Monrovia , MD back in the early 70's !! That was the Good Ol Days of weekend racing !! I really miss all the good times back then ! Do you have anymore great pics to look at ??

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  8. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Those pics rule! Thanks for showing some cool East Coast stuff Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

9. Dirty2

Dirty2

I love old photos !!! Thanks .

10. .....I'll second that thought for sure........thanks for the walk back in time.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. King Richard

King Richard
    from Dover, PA

12. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

The truth is, aside from the trees being taler and some fences and guardrails, Mason-Dixon really doesn't look all that much different now than it look in those photos. You can still see the track through the trees when crossing over the top of South Mountain on I-70

I grew up at 75-80 and pass it everyday on the way to work. 4 years of being deserted has taken it toll on that place. Its hard to see it in such bad shape.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  13. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Cool old pics dude, thanks for sharing!

14. Yeah, another one bites the dust (75-80). York was also one of my favorite tracks in their hayday. Raced (and broke) the OL 55 there back in the 70's. Gone but not forgotten.:(

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. brandon

brandon

cool pics....the shot of the mr. lucky anglia in particular...that car was local...this shot must have been after it was sold. the crazy thing about it...all of the old pics i have of it were from after it left our area... my "pretty penny" car was built using some of the original stuff from this car after it was bought back by the original owners...a friend of mine now has the car and is being redone again...thanks brandon:D

16. nite-flyer

nite-flyer

Great pictures! I really liked seeing the picture of Sneaky Pete Robinson's Ranchero and dragster. He drove that Ranchero seems like forever.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  17. 19LaidBack37

19LaidBack37

Awesome pics man, we got some old photos of mason dixon from the 60s and into the 70s as well. I'll have to try to dig them out and post them.

18. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Great photos!!!...great memories!!!...any of those pics for sale?

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Back in the early 70's when we raced at 75-80 you just never knew what you would see there . Those old farm boys up there used to bring out some real ass haulers out of those barns ! It was a bracket race track which was real nice because you run what you brung and after midnight when the last few races were run , a low dollar low horsepower car could with the trophy ! You just had to be right on and not break down to win ! The best part back then racing was real cheap . We used to go to the state auctions and buy the ford and mopar state police cars , which had some big HP back in the day and buy them for $300-$375 . That was a instant race car . They had big 440's and 429's intersepters in them with posi rears .What else did you need !! Now the a--holes in their fancy houses next to the track closed the track down , BUT they can NEVER take all the great memories I have of that track . It was real cheap fun and all you needed was a car and $7.00 to race . Beat that !!!!!!!

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  20. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Just right click and save them, then you can put them on a disk or flash drive and print them off at a picture store or walmart for cheap.

Would love to see any pics that anyone else has.

The guy that these were borrowed from has a big book of photos from Mason dixon. I need to get the book back and finish scanning the others that he has.

21. Dago Red

Dago Red
    from Delaware

On a whim, I googled WNOW and ran across this:

Does anyone remember the Rock 180 club? This was a 3 hour (180 minutes - hence the name) radio show from 9 to noon on Saturday mornings on WNOW 1250AM. It was hosted by 'The Rockin' Robin.' It was all-requests and had some kind of tie-in with the Disc-O-Rama record stores. The York Disc-O-Rama was on East Market St. just across from the Maryland & Pennsylvania railroad station. There was another Disc-O-Rama in Dallestown. You paid $1 to join & got a membership card that entitled you to a small discount on records. These people had something to do with promoting the Motown Revue when it came to York.

Attached Files:

22. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Here are more pics from mason dixon I recently scanned.

Attached Files:

Fast Elvis, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Hanky Panky all the way! Super cool pics!

24. GaryC.

GaryC.

Wow great pix!

And thanks for showing a very elusive photo of
    a Reddi-Whip burn out!

Attached Files:

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. L.A.-Bar

L.A.-Bar
    from Lforida

Hey NRChopshop........how about slowing down one day on your way to work and grabbing a couple of pics of our beloved 75/80? Anybody know if Bill Wilcom is still around? Great Mason-Dixon photos. Thank you......

26. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

If you get Motor Week on PBS you can see how "75 and dusty" (our nick name:D) is fading fast. They must be still using it for their testing.

I'll be at Mason Dixon tomorrow for their annual Ford show.

Thanks for the pictures. I don't see as many early 61ish pictures as I do the 64-65 era. I hope you get to scan the rest of them.

27. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Last four that I have.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  28. Div1Racer

Div1Racer
    from Virginia

Hi guys, I'm new here although I do have some friends that members.
    I hate to ask for a favor being a 'newbie' but I'm searching for pictures of Mason Dixon or 75-80 Dragway from the late 60's and early 70's.
    I'm really looking for some of a green 67 Shelby that says Mr.Preston on the side (see attached). This is my Dad's car that he raced back then. He actually raced there years before in different cars but this was undoubtedly his favorite.
    We dont have many pics of it so any would be very appreciated, even if it's just in the background, etc. Any and all pics from Mason Dixon or 75-80 would be appreciated. Some cars that he raced againist were Mr.Clean, The Matador, Wild Child, That Dart,Hemi Hunter, Super Cuda, etc. Feel free to post them here, private message me or e-mail me, I have some pics from back then I'll be happy to share as well. Thanks, Div1Racer.

Attached Files:

29. newjersm3

newjersm3

Awsome photos.. i love it. Brian

30. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

I have some more pics I have recently acquired that I 'll have to get scanned and put up on here.