Register now to get rid of these ads!

UPDATE to Junkyard Jan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shotrod64, May 19, 2008.

1. Shotrod64

Shotrod64
    from Tacoma, WA

I thought I should maybe just put this in a new thread.

<HR style="COLOR: #999999" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I am only copying what Jeff posted on a yahoo group that he, Jan and I co-owned, as he has a better way of saying things than I do. Wasn't sure about the mailing address but I guess if it's in the public eye there then might as well do the same here.

On one of the other forums Junkyard Jan frequented someone had suggested a card sent to the family with the real and user name of everyone that wished to be included. I thought it was a great idea for those that wanted to do so. If anyone here would like to also be added let me know.

Deb/Shotrod64
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Per Jan's wishes there will be no funeral services. She preferred that
    everyone remember her as she was. The cremation and related expense will be running right around $1500. Jan had no life insurance and her only income was a monthly disability check. Due to the suddeness of her death and having no time at all to plan ahead, her surviving family members have been caught short by this.

Therefore, I am asking that anyone who wishes to send a contribution to help with the expense, or even just a card of sympathy to please do so.
    Please send to:

This has been changed from Robin Games to Linda as Robin doesn't have a bank account in order to cash checks at.

Robin Games
    73 St John Ave.
    Niles Ohio 44446

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Addition: I mentioned in the other post about paypal donations also and have set up an account for this also. Jeff thought it would be a good idea and so did I also.

The address for paypal is: fortbirdchick at yahoo dot com
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please give what you can.

I myself am still in shock over the whole thing and haven't much to say at this time. I have been reading your posts and have been deeply touched by everything that has been said. From me, and the Games family, "thank you" for your kind words.

I spent most of yesterday working on my race car mainly to keep busy, but also because I know Jan would want me to get it done. I found myself at one point reaching for the phone to call Jan to tell her what happened to Jan, then realized what I was doing.

I guess things will get better in time, but right now I am terribly missing my 2nd best friend. Racing season will not be the same without her.

Jeff Foose
    Medina Ohio

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I was going to post about her passing but you beat me to it,I was trying to get her to come down to Dayton to go through a couple junkyards to get some parts she needed. I was hoping to meet her but should of done it. Jeff

3. Bump. Loved her insight to circle track history.

Can we get a sticky?????

4. Shotrod64

Shotrod64
    from Tacoma, WA

Same here Jeff, always wanted to finally meet her but never did. I didn't get to know her real well til after we moved from MD or it would of worked out great as the drive wasn't that far. Guess things just work out that way sometimes.

Not sure how many knew she also wrote a few stories for SpeedwayMedia. They created a page of her stories as a memorial.

http://www.speedwaymedia.com/Articles/08/JanGames.asp