Register now to get rid of these ads!

Progress On "lucky Lorraine" My 51 Plymouth Belvedere...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lonely_Kasket13, May 19, 2008.

1. Lonely_Kasket13

Lonely_Kasket13
    from Minnesota

Hey everyone...well things are going slow but surely with my 51 plymouth Lorraine...my goal this summer is to get the motor and trans fully mounted and get her put back together and in a nice black primer...then hopefully next summer I can get her up and going to atleast cruise her around while I fix the body more and do the other odds and ends like clean up the motor and things like that...if you have any input let me know...thanks guys...

[​IMG]

<br>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. no bux rod

no bux rod

Good progress so far. I like that wheel color.

Don't forget the right-angle grease fitting on your upper king pin.

N B R

3. Lonely_Kasket13

Lonely_Kasket13
    from Minnesota

4. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

a good start
    have any plans for the rear of the body?, it's the only thing I dislike with my '49, nice roof line then the big square drop at the trunk......

5. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

good stuff.

I really dig those wheels, what color?

6. 63_nova_ss

63_nova_ss

looks like some candy.

7. Keep on plugging away. Everything you do to it is on thing closer to getting it on the road. I'm pretty much at the same place as you are.

Todd

8. Lonely_Kasket13

Lonely_Kasket13
    from Minnesota

The rims are actually a powder coat color believe it or not...they can do some crazy stuff with powder coat these days...but its actually called granny smith and yea it is basically a candy apple green...I have gotten alot of good responses on them...in the sun they just pop! its like anti-freeze...and then in the shade they are a little darker but still have that nice candy shine...thanks guys!

9. ilovemy62

ilovemy62

i love what youve done with the car so far

10. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I'm Keeping an eye on this build!

11. cool! your off to a good start , i like the wheels as well..

12. teddyp

teddyp

car look good keep it up

13. Lonely_Kasket13

Lonely_Kasket13
    from Minnesota

Hey guys I know it's been awhile but I thought I would finally post some new progress pics of "Lucky Lorraine"...my 51 Plymouth Belvedere. Our club decided with all of the business going around this summer with everyone we all decided to take the summer off and get going again in the winter. Well with winter finally here we are all back at at. So here are some pics of what we have accomplished in DAY1. We cut out that dented, cottage cheese looking old quarter panel and rolled out a new one and got'r tacked in nicely. We also tossed around some more cool ideas for the tranny mount and got started on that. The big accomplishment we got done was slamming the front out using all the stock components. Still got about 3" to go in the back now to give it that perfect stance I want... Check'm out...Take care guys...Thanks...
    P.S. thats not me in cutting out the quarter panel...Thats CODY! possibly a new edition to the group.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. love those late 40's and early 50's mopars...lookin' good

15. slim53

slim53

Lorraine? I thought for sure "Cum Dumpster" was the front runner.;) Anyways, is the back of the engine supported in the first pics? Reason I ask is seems to slope towards the firewall quite a bit. Is that going to be an issue down the road? (pinion angle, carb angle,) I don't know either so I thought I'd ask.

Slim

16. vicksrods

vicksrods

lookin good ,those wheels really do pop with right light on them. weve got a 52 cranbrook thats gonna be put in the shop to get started on very soon I was curious about your front brake setup where did you get it and how did you drop that car so much with stock parts in the frontend?

17. I love your car. I think it's going to look amazing when you're done. Definately keep us posted. Great progress!

BloodyKnuckles

18. lookin good, keep the pics coming. nothing like a mopar!!!!

M...... mainly
    O...... old
    P...... parts
    A..... and
    R..... rust

19. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow, moving right along!

Dig the color of the wheels, what is it??

20. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Cool car, I love the roofline on that model. I too was wondering about the rear trans support. If you are using an automatic with that front engine mount, you will need some kind of center support at the bell housing. If you run just the front mount and the rear tailshaft mount, there is a good chance the trans will crack right across the bell housing. This is a fairly common problem. It creates a lot of stress in the middle. There is a kit available for the tri-5 Chevys for this type of application that would work fine in your Plymouth.

21. Lonely_Kasket13

Lonely_Kasket13
    from Minnesota

Yeah well it all works out cause maybe "Lucky Lorraine is a "Cum Dumspter" lol...but yeah in the first pics there the motor was not supported or better yet where it needs to be for the final layout. The tranny is just sitting on a 1" square tube welded in for now. Thats probably why you guys are thinking it's angled all weird, which it is but thats definitely not where it needs to be. We did however start with the custom tranny mount, which will be removable and what not this last Sunday but did not get it totally finished. But yeah we did however figure the angles out and meaurments out and stuff and when it's sittin in there where it needs to be it's nice and snug and fits pretty good.

22. -J-

-J-

We took the coil mount on the lower A arm, cut all the rivets off and welded it onto the bottom side of the A arm. That way it doesn't change the spring rate and lowers the car a solid couple of inches. As it sits now the spring was shot on the passenger side so we cut out one total coil from both sides. Pugs will probably have to get new springs, and buy dropped spindles. Or just get lowered springs to replace the shot, cut stockers. That'd be the best bet.

23. Lonely_Kasket13

Lonely_Kasket13
    from Minnesota

It's basically a candy apple green but the name for it is called Granny Smith Green. It's actually a powder coat as well...

24. nice work going on there, good time to do a rack and pinun change in her, also a 76/84 dodge/plymouth valory/deplomat rearend is real close to a bolt up change
    over.

25. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I Like it! Love the wheel color!

26. looking good man. let me know if you need any trim for the back glass i have some spare parts now.

27. Do you have any pics of that?

28. Lonely_Kasket13

Lonely_Kasket13
    from Minnesota

This is basically the only pic I have of the A arms off. Basically if you were to something like this you just dissasemble them off the front suspension, take the springs out, cut the rivets off the A arms and mounts then weld them on the backside of the A arms, use the rivet holes as guides I beleive to drill new holes and and weld on the mounts...then just cut a whole coil out of the springs...if you have any other questions I am sure -J- can answer them...

[​IMG]

29. yeah yeah looks like its got a few hours left. cool.

30. Tried to send the picks but came back. send me an e-mail and I will reply. Bob