Register now to get rid of these ads!

Halibrand Culver City/Torrance adresses

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ElSwede, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ElSwede

ElSwede
    from Sweden

Does anyone have the old adresses to Halibrand Engineering? Maybe someone might have an old add from a magazine or a catalogue that has the adress. I have this hobby to go to old car adresses and see weather there's something left. Pretty wiered, I know...

2. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Weird and a little creepy:rolleyes: A long way from Sweden, but hey, whatever turns your crank.:)

Attached Files:

3. ElSwede

ElSwede
    from Sweden

Thank you! I appreciate it.

4. I know where thats at. I'll go by and see if the building is still there...L.B.

5. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

If you can't find anything in Torrance, you might try here:

Attached Files:

6. ElSwede

ElSwede
    from Sweden

Thanks Rootie! I'll go to both adresses tomorrow and check them out.

7. cornernfool

cornernfool

The Torrance address is good, buildings are still there. A friend of mine rents one of the buildings and plays with hotrods there. Its the building off by itself with the old Ford COE parked next to it. His name is Phil and raced Indy a few times. Tell him Mike sent ya.

8. I have the same ridiculous interest. It's amazing how modest some them were.

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

A few years back, I tried to locate the shop Dago axles came from in San Diego...Congress street, I think it was?? Got close, lost the trail in a string of huge parking lots and a train station. Think it was obliterated...rats. And I had a sales ad from an old Hop-Up in my hand...
    If you Want a LIVE ancient source, go visit the old gene Scott Vintage Ford PSI place...

10. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I agree, nice place to visit!

11. ElSwede

ElSwede
    from Sweden

[
    If you Want a LIVE ancient source, go visit the old gene Scott Vintage Ford PSI place...[/QUOTE]

Would this be the Wheel Spacer place on Garvey in El Monte?

12. SDR Mike

SDR Mike

The Iskendarian Cams building is still in Culver City with the logo on the exterior wall. Been vacant for years, still the same bleached yellow color. It's just by the overpass of the Marina Fry. and Sepulveda Blvd., across from Del Taco.

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

East Garvey...town is...aaaaah
    El Monte wrong. Can't think of correct...kinda East LA, from a tourist's perspective. Numerous business names over the years for junkyard, Ford resto stuff, Ford rod stuff, suspension parts, etc. Smithsonian of early Ford neat stuff, still has some live product lines.

14. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

AH!! 2 more cups of coffee did it. Rosemead! I just knew that brain cell was still alive!