Register now to get rid of these ads!

ok, has anyone used a chassis engineering.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brady1929, Apr 4, 2008.

1. brady1929

brady1929

Has anyone used a chassis engineering 32 center crossmember with a t5 5 speed or any manual tranmission? I have one of their pedal assemblies with a brake and clutch pedal. Their tech support guy said it is nearly impossible to make that combo work. He said not enough clutch pedal travel. anyone?

2. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

i would also like to know

3. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

I cant answer your question about that but!

I am using their 35 chevy motor mounts and trans cross member I followed the directions for the motor mounts measuring 14-5/8" back from the center rivet of the front cross member to the center of the motor mount.
    Drilled the holes bolted the mounts and engine in, hung the tranny on the back of the engine, put the tranny cross member in and the holes dont match up with the tranny.

I have to move the motor mounts foward about 1 inch. But its my fault I followed the directions.

And thats my advise to you dont follow the directions!
    Gary

4. reichart90

reichart90

VAPHEAD told me the t-10 4 speed trannys and t5 5 speed trannys wont fit. muncie 4 speed trannys will work in the center crossmember - with a little trimming maybe. i'm sure Eric will chime in about it. Swing pedals maybe be your only option due to lack of room down there.

5. brady1929

brady1929

gotta btt this as i need an answer

6. racemad55

racemad55

What difference would it make,4or5 speed,it's the same bellhousing , &throwout fork, there is clearance issues on the top & bottom crossmember center plates, how about hydraulic or cable setup? I'M doing the same setup,but not far enough along to share pics that would help.

7. racemad55

racemad55

The new StreetRodder has an article on this,looked quick tonight at Walmart's,mine as always is not here yet in the mail!

8. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

BTT, still looking for a definate answer to this question.

9. 5window

5window

Mine came a week ago. Is your mail carrier a hotrodder?

10. Bort62

Bort62
    BANNED

Just use a hydraulic throwout bearing if you are worried about it... then it won't matter.

11. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

any more info on this,what pedals will work39-41?

12. TimDavis

TimDavis

The yellow Tudor in my avatar has a Tremec 5spd, CE center, CE pedals. Hydraulic throw out bearing, wilwood master cylinder.

It will work. And no, I have no pictures of it. They were gone two computer crashes ago.

13. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Talked to ce on the phone about the ionia way of putting those pedals in and they had nothing good to say about that story in streetrodder,they seem to think a 39-40 stock pedal would work better but it would also need mods?

14. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

We do it all the time, our x-member with their pedal assembly. You need to clearance the upper flange and modify the 3" hole forward of the assembly mount to gain the clearances needed for the clutch pedal.
    Chassis Engineering doesn't like selling them because they have to take the time and answer questions....It's not that big of deal. I will put some pictures up later of how we do it.
    Matt Lesky
    Ionia Hot Rod Shop

15. Help an old computer illiterate geezer out. What's a BTT?

16. 54BOMB

54BOMB

17. Weasel

Weasel

Bump To Top

18. I did it with a Howe thrrowout bearing, Pete and Jakes pedals from Vaphead. We reconfigured the X member to include the pedal assembly. There's a picture on the other thread.

19. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Here are some pictures of two ways we have done them. One is Hyd. Clutch the other is Mechanical, both will work just fine...Sorry for the blue tint in the Mechanical set up, the shop is full and in order to get the 125c roadster out of here and off to California we have to push some projects outside in the morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the bracing getting in the way in a couple of those the lower 4-5 inches has to be replaced and all the sub rails were replaced. So that is the mechanical set up...

Now the Hydraulic set up, we make a piece that sandwiches between the brake m/c which runs laterally to the boxing plate to hold the Clutch m/c (wilwood part# 260-1304 3/4" bore w/ reservoir). We did not "finish" this build, it left for California to be finished up, so I'm not sure what they are running for the slave.

Disregard the fact that we moved the mounting provision back 7/8", this is only done on our A-V8 frames and does not pertain to this discussion. We also finish everything off rounding corners and adding doubler plates where we clearance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps show what you got to do, it is a little work but anything will fit with a little welding and grinding!!

20. Thanks