Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hot Rod Cinematic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

That cover art looks awfully familiar to one of my favorite movies :)

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

From Marcie

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think something like this would be awsome to go to and from what I can see, last years event was something that everyone fondly remembers. Unfortunately I don't think that I am going to have my Coupe done by then. Perhaps the year after though!!!!

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Just add it to the list of things we need here in Tucson. That really looks fun, wish we could be there.

6. I thought it was off this year. Bobk told me it was on again at Detroit...Now I have to convince the wife, then get busy...I am stoked! Thanks Ryan, let me know if there is anything I can do to help! Don

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Geez, that's a cool idea. I wish it was a lot closer. I know people put on outdoor movies around here, but none geared towards gathering hotroders though. That is a great combination.

8. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

WoHoo. Marking my calender right now. Last year was awesome.

Doc.

9. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

We had such a good time last year and are looking forward to the Cinematic again this year, already have our Holiday Inn reservations made.

Thank you Ryan for continuing on with it again this year and for Marcie for allowing you to be MIA with a new baby by then.

10. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

yeah!! what Vicki said, and you better have baby pics with you!!!!

just got back from lunch with Rob, he's checking to get the 27th off of work. hopefully I'll be making reservations tonight:p:p

can we travel down with the Indy contingents again:D

11. huh? Marcie's not coming?
    I was hoping she would....and bring PJ and the new baby---little Earl Cochran :D(I swear, Ryan said he was naming his boy after me! ;))
    bummer.....it won't be the same:(....but we'll be there for sure!

12. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

what town in Ohio?

13. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Gallopolis, OH.

14. Absolutely! I'm sure we'll put together an Indy caravan to the Cinematic again.

I'll be sure to have you one of my Bubbas Tunes boxes for your MP3 player too. ;)

15. autobilly

autobilly

Any "old car" movie at the drives is kool. Shame for me that i'm on the wrong continent. Every year, my local notalgia/rockabilly/hot rod show Wintersun (50,000+ attendance over 3 days), shows a drive in movie. In the last couple of years both Rebel Without A Cause and Two Lane Blacktop have shown.

16. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Yep! we'll be there. My parents were asking about it again. They had a great time and don't ven own a pc. I keep them informed. :-D

Later,Bill

17. coop31

coop31

Had everything booked last year and work screwed everything up and didn,t get to make it. Booked a room at the Holiday Inn again and ready for the big screen. Thanks Ryan and Marcie for the second year.

18. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Cool, its always way more fun with lots of cool cars in a line :p

WOW , my own Bubbas Tune Box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:p:D THANKS Scott!!!!!

Cant wait, will get more info as it gets closer

19. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

its five hours away from me...hope gas goes down some!!!

20. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

My wife and I will be there! I'm not going to let my boss dick me out of making it again. Looking forward to it!!

21. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

This would be a hell of a cool trip to make, a little far for me though! Hmm... it wouldnt be hard to get the time off... *schemes*

22. meteorgasser

meteorgasser
    from Lodi, Ohio

fyi pack a lunch and bring a magazine it is a long day and they dont let you leave .

23. wvenfield

wvenfield

fyi, fyi.... There was food last year there which for a closed event (You could leave for dinner last year) it was very reasonably priced.

I'm guessing there will be again this year?

24. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Make the 14 year old drive you. I finally looked at where you live on a map and holy crap its barely even Ohio anymore.

Its a little far for us but it depends on whats running at that time.

25. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

fyi, fyi.... There was food last year there which for a closed event (You could leave for dinner last year) it was very reasonably priced.

fyi, fyi, fyi - yes there was food there, did you not have a FREE Spam sandwich? And, seems to me we got there around noonish, visited with friends, cruised the swap meet, visited with friends, met more people at the HAMB meet and greet, listened to the music by the DJ, visited with friends and then left a little before 4 PM. There was plenty of time to re-group back at the Holiday Inn - go to dinner and then back to the drive-in by sunset. It's all about looking at others' cars, meeting new friends seeing old ones - NOT, sitting there reading a magazine. Come meet us we will introduce you if you don't know anyone, please.

26. Al Von

Al Von

Gallipolis, Ohio. Gallia County, on the River, down river from Marietta.

The drive in is a coupla miles upriver in Kanauhga.

27. meteorgasser

meteorgasser
    from Lodi, Ohio

5 hour drive = 3 swap vendors, prison release for dinner, 20 cars, and free spam.... priceless. Yeaaaa.

28. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Its finally official.
    :)Made our room reservations today.
    The official "Spam" trailer will be serving spam sandwiches with moon pies at noon .:D
    The Indy crew caravaned out last year and had a great time, pics are from one of our stops. ,
    Sorry to say i was there last week and the place is now empty and for sale. looks like all the old stuff has been moved away pumps and all. too bad kinda a landmark in Indiana.:(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. got my hotel reservations......fingers crossed everything will work out and we'll be there...

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

On a lighter note, a group of us were talking this weekend about the Cinematic and came up with an idea for an event. How about a SPAM carving contest? Folks could carve hot rods, customs, autombile logos, etc. I think it would be fun. What'd ya think?:D