Register now to get rid of these ads!

Weekend Swap Meets finds - treasures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HHRdave, Mar 2, 2008.

1. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

I saw a bunch of Hambers at the San Diego Big 3 this weekend, I think I saw Bobby Green Saturday morning buying some garnish moldings. I know a bunch of Hambers went to Long Beach.

I think it would be cool if everyone would post pics of their swap meet finds and treasures that they collected from the weekend swaps.

Anyone get anything cool??

Maybe we could make this a regular thing like the Sunday model show...... just a thought

2. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

3. HELLMET

HELLMET

i was there sat found some gauges for my 55 chevy big window truck a nice like new chome grille for my truck for 80 bucks one blc headlight to with my other one that does not have a mate now it does. also got fuel pump for my flathead for free from my good friends joe and jason kennedy also got some free early distributor covers with cool green cloth wires on them . i just saw them sitting on this old guys table he only had a few thing on there and just was looking at them just because of the wires cuaght my eye and picked them up and the guy said take em i was shocked. i was there with kieth dean so i looked at him and said how cool is that and thanked the guy and took my wires . also found some maroon raja ends for my plug wires.i'll post some pics tomarrow and also found some other nik naks. had a good time cant wait till next year. billy

4. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Kennedy Bros actually gave somethign away for free??? amazing! Their stuff is always priced at the high value end. They are cool to talk to.

I picked up about 12 gauges, a vintage dash clock, some '29 pu rear fenders, a '39 trans, '32 trans clutch lever, some flying lady hood ornaments, a cherry '30 Model A hood, 2 '40 axle shafts, a 30's car complete dash with gauges, a set of 4.5x16 Ford '40 wheels, 2 tires, a Dorman nut and bolt 4 drawer cabinet, and some other chassis parts. I can't say it was the best year for me but I still had fun....

Crazy stuff I saw: Kinmont set for $25K, '32 motor mounts for $400, a broken and abused '32 headlight bar for $250, fake GUIDE 682-C's for $450, and many overpriced SW southwind heaters......

5. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I picked up a few things ....

2 5/8 '40s Military Curved Glass S/W Oil Press gauge for $5.00

291 DeSoto Hemi Heads for $75.00

2 sets N.O.S. Spring Shackles for '35~'42 ford $10.00

Pair of 15x10 Magnesium 5~Spoke Americans for $100.00 :D

And some DAMN sore Feet !!

6. HELLMET

HELLMET

how did you carry all that stuff.

7. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I got a GREEN STICKER from a buddy & parked my truck inside at his spot .

The heads were picked up by the guy riding around in there with the Green Golf Cart truck..

His only job was to help guys out moving stuff from place to place since there waere strict rules about Driving Anything around the swap area.

We loaded up a Flywheel Stationary Engine on th back of that sucker that weighd about 800 pounds !!

8. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Four '35 wire wheels, olds rearend, vintage drag slicks, cherry model A frame, 2 "16 steel wheels, pair of headlights, head light bar, and 3/4 of a '30 roadster body . And I didn't even have to go to the swapmeets, they came to me. ;)