Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Power Air Cleaner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rpol7966, Feb 23, 2008.

1. rpol7966

rpol7966

Does anyone make an oval finned aluminum air cleaner that will fit over all three carburetors on a small block Chevy tri-power setup? I always liked the look of the Ford tri-power air cleaners of the early '60s. I'd like to find an air cleaner that would give a similar look on my 327.

2. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I've had several requests to make them for people. I thought of using a store bought assembly,such as an RPC brand, that would have the filter element and top. Leaving just the bottom piece(what actually sits on top of the carbs)as being the only part to have to make.But so far no one has been able to provide me with the needed dimensions(center to center spacing for all carbs and the neck size of the carbs) to start one yet! If you can provide me with this info, I'll see what it would take to make one for you. I've wanted to do this for a while, I think there is a need for multi carb breathers that cover them all in one unit....

3. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

yup....I got one of charlie prices http://vintagespeed.com/ units....(pic at the bottom of the page) Twas a perfect addition to me ol' tri-power...

shame is evidently he's hard to get ahold of and slow to ship if you deal with him mail order....though I've never had a problem with him (but I deal with him in person) I have heard others that have...

4. I think O'Brien Truckers might have a long one that you can put the holes where you want them.

5. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Buy a filter and some 1/4" or thicker aluminum. Design and build your own. I made a 2-4 one years ago that came out very nice. That what we do here , use our hands and minds and do it yourself.

6. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

This isn't a Chevy, but it is about the same spacing and has an ole O'Brian Trucker cast aluminum lid.
    I put individual K&N filters and built my own bottom retainer...................but I think you can
    still be the Chevy tripower from them. If you have finned valve covers these match really nice.

Looks really cool!

Attached Files:

7. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND