Register now to get rid of these ads!

City Motor Supply in Dallas?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crease, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Crease

Crease

Im thinking about picking up a short block from City Motor Supply based in Dallas. Just wanted to see if anyone has had dealings with them and get their thoughts.

Gotta go check the Iron Cross post now! [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for the input.

2. crow

crow

I have used them for short block Toyota 22r motors and they have all been great. Don't they have an outlet in SA? Seems like my last one came out of there. They even delivered to our shop in Austin at no extra charge.

3. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

I've had friends deal with them never heard any complaints

4. Crease

Crease

Crow,

Indeed they do, but there's like 5 HAMBers in SA and I already asked all of them (almost all of them). [​IMG]

Went by the shop on San Pedro. It all seemed a little too good. clean shop, great price, friendly, etc. However, I cant find anyone with anything but positive feedback.

Thanks for the input Crow!

5. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

We put one in a suburban and it threw a rod due to loose nuts, but on the other hand I've seen several sets of heads and short blocks go on without any problems. Just check everything before you throw it in.

6. What's wrong with your motor? [​IMG]

7. Anderson

Anderson

Yeah, go ahead and get one there but re-torque everything yourself. I had one (short block) in my El Camino for a while, but it appeared that one of the connecting rod end caps came loose, and killed that motor quick.

8. Outlaw told me about them and I have been trying to get a # or website since. I thought they had a place in Austin also, but I could be wrong.....

9. crow

crow

here ya go...

http://www.citymotorsupply.com/

Don't think they're in Austin yet.

And it should go without saying that you should check everything before final assembly.

10. they are good, and so is Blains, ask to speak to shaun if you go to blains (214) 426-4400

reddog

11. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

Well my bud used a City motor in his nova, so far so good. I used Blaines in my 69 Mercury Cyclone and had no problems. But on the last go around I used Blaines when putting in a 350 in my younger brothers truck and the block was crap. Water would just pour out of the rear freeze plugs. After relplacing and trying to use a pour in sealer, Blaines took it back with out a problem. Come to find out there were deep gouges in the core plug area.

12. OutLaw

OutLaw

There is a place in San Antonio, On San Pedro by SAC

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

they are good, and so is Blains, ask to speak to shaun if you go to blains (214) 426-4400 Blains is the place to go save you some bucks !!!!