Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan's Great California Hot Rod Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 2, 2008.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A few months ago Megan and I kinda got a plan together for the upcoming 2008 car show season and since neither one of us had ever been to ‘that large indoor show” in California we decided this was the perfect opportunity to do so. There was quite a few other car related events we wanted to squeeze in as well so we decided 5 days was about the right amount of time to spend and still be affordable.

We both flew out of our respective cities last Wednesday morning, me from Detroit, MI and Megan from Canton, OH and planned it so we arrived within two hours of each other at the LAX airport. Yes, a few of the other airports would have been closer to Pomona BUT didn’t have the time frame we were looking for. Once at the airport in CA we gathered up all our luggage and hopped a shuttle to the car rental place. Megan got a GREAT deal on a Mustang convertible and even though the weather showed there was going to be a lot of rain during the 5 days, the deal was too good NOT to still get the ragtop. Can you believe $115.00 TOTAL, including all those taxes, for a 5 days car rental?? You guys gotta check out Payless the next time you need a car.

We had an itinerary that would bury most….well except for BobK, and if we suck to it we’d be able to do and see everything we planned. We plugged in Anastasia, Megan’s new GPS, and off we went! Well a couple of minutes down the highway, in the carpool lane cuz there two of us after all, a sheriff rolls up behind us and flashes his headlights. I don’t know about where you live but here when a police officer does that it means he needs to get by so Megan pulls over to the right to let him by. BIG mistake I guess. He moved over to the right too then flipped his lights on. We pulled over all the way to the shoulder. He walks up to the drivers window and asks Megan for her license and starts this lecture about not crossing the double yellow line blah, blah, blah. Megan tries to explain why she did it, what she thought he wanted us to do, etc. He wasn’t hearing any of it. In the mean time, another officer rolls up behind the first and a couple of seconds later and third officer arrives. Midwest criminals I tell ya. Hoodlums from the HAMB I guess. Anyway after “threating” an expensive ticket he finally handed her her license back and “explained” how to enter the flow of traffic again. I’m sorry, he was a jerk, really. I think it was all a setup. He saw a Mustang convertible (know rentals) coming from the direction of LAX just a few miles away, a couple of girls, and just wanted to show his authority. Anyway, we weren’t going to let it ruin our trip.

Our first stop was the So Cal Speed Shop.
    [​IMG]

Even though Pete Chapouris was going to be out of town the day we wanted to visit, he had made arrangements for us to get the grand tour by Eric, who was an absolute sweetheart and treated us like visiting royalty. At first I don’t think he knew what to make of us but once we started asking intelligent questions I think he figured out we were car girls and not just “Hard Shine” groupies or something.
    Anyway, this cool piece of artwork greeted us as soon as we walked in the door.
    [​IMG]

Eric then took us thru the warehouse area, explaining areas as we passed each section. He then took us to the back shop……
    [​IMG]

…….where this is the first roadster we saw
    [​IMG]

But it was hard not to miss this. Eric told us it was going to “The Show”
    [​IMG]

The color on this truck was fabulous
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eric took the time to show us each piece
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one was SO sweet and was also being taken to “The Show”
    [​IMG]

The guys were very busy at work in this section so we kinda stayed outta their way
    [​IMG]

We then headed over to this other section and saw this
    [​IMG]

And the start of the new frame for the HHR…..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

…..that crashed during Speed Week at B’ville a couple of years ago. Eric showed us frame by frame footage of the end over end crash.
    [​IMG]

The busted up frame was sitting right next to it. The whole front end was a mess. Thankfully the driver did not get hurt.
    [​IMG]

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

This was also sitting close by and getting ready to attend as well
    [​IMG]

On our way to the front building where most of “Hard Shine” was filmed
    [​IMG]

Once we stepped inside this greeted us at the door
    [​IMG]

And look who we ran into., Richie, and he could not have been nicer. What a humble, well mannered, friendly guy. It was a pleasure to meet him in person. SoCal should be proud to have him as an employee.
    [​IMG]

The guys were working on this
    [​IMG]

But how they got any work done with THIS so close is beyond me. Megan and I were all over it. Megan even offered to detail the car and would have to if they would have let her. Thankfully someone else did and the car looked STUNNING at “The Show”.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was sitting next to it and I believe it belongs to BillyG
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anything we even glanced at Eric uncovered
    [​IMG]

Every nook and cranny had something cool to look at
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The tour ended in the “store” where any kind of swag, hot rod book or part was available. The guys behind the counter were very helpful in explaining why there wasn’t a dress up column kit for the knob design I had originally choosen ;) and explaining why my second choice was better suited for Big Olds. Everyone showed a true interest in both mine and Megan’s cars. Even stopping to check out photos that we brought with us.
    [​IMG]

Me and Gill Alcaraz. Nice meeting you sweetie. You should come outta HAMB lurker statis and join the fun here. It was wonderful meeting you. I look forward to our paths crossing again in the near future.
    [​IMG]

After many thanks and promises of seeing each other again, Megan and I headed out with all our treasures. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the guys at SoCal for being so damn nice to us and treating us girls like equals. It was a true pleasure meeting everyone and also doing business with you guys. Pete should be really proud of each and every one of you guys and how well you represent the shop not only while working but also while out in public at “The Show”. We will be back.

Since we had a very early appointment the next morning Burbank, Megan had made reservations at a cute motel there. Actually she made the reservation there because she fell in love with the neon sign. :D We headed there to check in after SoCal.

[​IMG]

Hung out in our room for a bit waiting for the rain to subside.:(
    [​IMG]

It wasn’t just raining, it was pouring down in buckets

[​IMG]

Once it let up we headed to Santa Monica to pick up a pal of Megan’s from back home that moved there not too long ago and head to dinner. We wanted a place were we could walk around a bit since we spent so much time not only on the plane but driving in the car as well.

We walked up and down a few blocks checking out all the menus of all the resturants and bars in this one area and decided on this place that looked like a fun place to hang out.
    [​IMG]

It was decorated with all kinds of car and bike memoriblia and the perfect place for the three of us to sit back and relax in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We even left our “mark” there as well.
    [​IMG]

After we dropped Curtiss back off at his place we headed back to our motel. We were beat what with the flight, shop excitement and time difference, that all we really wanted to do was crawl in our PJ’s and surf the HAMB a bit before bed.

The next morning, Thursday, was an early one. Thankfully the sun was shining. Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day in hot rod paradise….. I wonder what are friends are doing back home today.
    [​IMG]

We had plans to be at Jay Leno’s place at 7:30am. A little early for me but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to visit his Big Dog Garage again. Thanks to Megan for arranging it, it certainly was a special treat. We get there and announce ourselves
    [​IMG]

Because of their new policy, no more photos of Jay's cars are allowed but we did take a quick shot of our tour guide and Per Blixt, one of the restorers there. Both GREAT guys that we spent quite a bit of time chatting hot rods with.
    [​IMG]

Per is selling his wagon and since my dad is actively looking for a wagon I was able to snap some shots of it. I had a HAMB pal take out Jay's cars in the background so as to follow the rules BUT I did want to post a shot of it just incasr someone is interested in purchasing it. My Dad has passed on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanked them both for the great tour then headed to a late breakfast at this yummy place that Megan had eaten at before Du-par’s. While we were there we made arrangements with the car rental place to bring us a new Mustang. It seemed the brake calipar was dragging on the rotor. They said they’d have a new one towed to the Petersen and we could make the exchange there.
    [​IMG]

Did alittle shopping and walking around in the “Farmer’s Market”. They had a cool old gas station set up.
    [​IMG]

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

Went inside this one store and when I saw these old pinball machine I immediately thought of ScaryLarry
    [​IMG]

It just so happened in this store they had TWO Oldsmobile Woodie wagon candles SO naturally Megan bought one and so did I…..and they were on SALE!
    [​IMG]

Hit a few more stores then off to fill the Mustang with fuel for the return.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arrived at the Petersen Museum
    [​IMG]

And were greeted in the parking area by these
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was in the lobby. The museum had a low-rider display as a special exhibit.
    [​IMG]

We headed to the offices where we hooked up with a good pal of Megan’s who works there. He took us immediantly down into the “vault”, the basement of the Petersen. What a thrill! Especially since they had a BUNCH of convertibles from a previous display still there. You know me and how I love my fat fender convertibles.

This greated us right away
    [​IMG]

And this was right next to it
    [​IMG]

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

As we went along Leslie told us alittle something about each car
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He must have noticed my extreme interest in this beauty as he was watching me like a hawk. No chance in hell of getting the stainless beltline trim off the passenger door and walking out the door with it under my shirt.
    [​IMG]

OR the drivers side mirror that I need…SO, if anyone comes across a ’47 Chevy convertible drivers side mirror that attaches to the vent window chrome like this, I need it and you will be greatly rewarded. From what I understand it’s a convertible only feature but I could be wrong.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can’t even begin to remember each and every car BUT a Tucker is not hard to recognize
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Used for some Elvis film or something
    [​IMG]

Surprises tucked in every corner
    [​IMG]

The man was a WEALTH of knowledge and didn’t hesitate to answer each and every question we had.

Under the deck lid
    [​IMG]

Under the hood
    [​IMG]

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We then headed over to this other little corner where these two are sitting and I immediantly think of Clark and his new found treasure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From the two, they will make one
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They have plans to finish this as well. They do not do any restorations in house but farm it out to those they think are best suited for the particular job.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It may seem like I’m posting A LOT of photos from there BUT I’m only posting a fraction of the ones I took and probably only about half the cars that are there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I should really have taped Leslie then transcribed everything and took my time writing this and labeling each car but……

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clone of course cuz we all know where the original one was this past weekend
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I just LOVED this little two seater, one off, Oldsmobile
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were just about finished in the “vault” when Megan gets a phone call from the tow truck driver who is outside with our new rental. We bid our wonderful host farewell and headed to the side street to make the switch from one Mustang to another then drove the new rental back into the Petersen parking structure and went back inside to do a self guided tour of the main areas. Since I had never been before, this was a treat as well.

The museum is set up with a lot of little vinyettes starting with the early years and going thru all the different styles and changes. Of course they had one on board racing and I immediantly thought of Jess and the one she did for Speedy Bill's Museum.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tucked in a little corner was this working studio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A huge collection of micro cars. I had no clue that so many different ones were made
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

They also had this pretty neat Hot Wheels display. It was fun to watch this little boy that was there and the expression on his face as he was looking at all the cars and displays

You walked thru this to get to the area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A small collection of motorcycles
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we came upon the special display of Lowriders. I wonder if the average Joe lowrider would consider the guys that own the ones that are over the top, “goldchainers”?:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

By this time were both about ready to go. We’ve seen just about everything in the place from top to bottom. We head to the first floor gift shop to take a look around before we leave. While Megan is spending money I’m checking out all the cool Rat Fink statues. I think I remember seeing these exact ones at the Rat Fink art show at the Lonestar RoundUp a couple of years ago.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after a bit I head out of the gift shop and find a seat in the lobby. My feet are KILLING me BUT a few minutes later I’m back on them as I watch my good pal Steve Tracy from Advanced Plating walk in the door. It was WONDERFUL seeing him again. Plating doesn’t get any better then the stuff that comes outta this guys shop.
    [​IMG]

Once again we head out and decide that we really need to see the beach before we head to Pomona so we take off for Santa Monica….again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wrap my new little tripod thing on the fence…..yeah it’s cold
    [​IMG]

…and run into the photo. So much for the “warm California sun”
    [​IMG]

Once we get to Pomona we check into the Sheraton at the Fairplex. We got a great deal for three nights. Take our bags to the suite, change clothes and decide to check out the move in process before we head to dinner. We walk out the back door of the hotel, which boarders the venue complexes, but all the gates that we come across are locked because it’s not open yet. Megan joking states, “You know I don’t have my fence climbing jeans on” What to do, what to do? We certainly don’t want to walk all the way around to the front….the keepers at the front might not even let us in. Not sure about here but in Detroit there is security and you’re not walking in the doors without a move-in day pass sticker on.

So anyway we do what we have to do…..we climb the fence. Not any old fence but about a 10 foot high wrought iron fence. I hold the purses and Megan goes over first…..
    [​IMG]

….then I climb up the one side, hand the purses over and climb down the other side.
    [​IMG]

Hoodlums I tell yeah.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Certainly was nice walking around and taking photos without a lot of people around and the stantions blocking the cars.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I remember this from the Mooneyes event coverage. Looks as great in person as it did in the earlier photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it was about at this point we moved to the main hall.
    Looking to the right
    [​IMG]

Looking straight across
    [​IMG]

Looking to the left
    [​IMG]

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This nice young man we met earlier. He works at So Cal and was helping to transport the cars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Sam Barris Merc
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOVE the gauges in Royce’s ‘36. Aren't they the GREATEST gauges you've ever laid eyes on??:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

TimeBombJohn’s was STUNNING. Bummer we missed him.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The hit of the event for sure!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don Orosco's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We then run into Don Dillard AKA DRD57. GREAT seeing ya bud. I glad we had the opportunity to catch up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Littleman got props on the sign for his part in the build process
    [​IMG]

This one was BITCHEN!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We then run to my good pal TimB, I won’t give away what his HAMB handle is. ALWAYS a pleasure seeing you sweetie and having the opportunity to sit down and chat.
    [​IMG]

We then ran into Terry AKA BornAHotRodGal and did some catching up as well. WONDERFUL hanging out with you. We certainly have to do it more often. It’s YOUr turn to come east now you know.
    [​IMG]

Since our dinner plans got cancelled, Megan and I headed to a late meal ourselves and ended up going to this tasty steakhouse up on the hill really close to the Fairplex. The view was spectacular.
    [​IMG]

Headed to the bar in the hotel but I didn’t hang out long. Lots of friends but I was beat. I went up to bed and Megan closed the bar.

The next morning we headed to the NHRA Museum which is located right next door to the Sheraton so we were able to walk.
    [​IMG]

This was sitting outside in the parking lot and belongs to 50Fraud. GREAT to to have finally meet you in person bud. I'd love a ride in the truck next time we run into each other.
    [​IMG]

Ran into some pals from FL.
    [​IMG]

And Jim Shelton (on far right from Vegas) and Craig AKA FC Ute and his two sons from Perth Australia. Pleasure meeting you and your family Craig and the next time you come back to the states you are more then welcome to stay at my place. I’ve got plenty of room. Please thank your wife again for the gift of the cute Koala pals. I've got mine clipped on the desk light right next to my computer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Megan and I walked around with Jim who was a WEATH of knowledge on just about every car there.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the streamliner that Gray Baskerville’s ashes were put in the chute of and spread out over the Salt during a run.
    [​IMG]

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They had a small Barris display inside
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They have a Christmas tree in the museum where you can test your skill.
    [​IMG]

I could just post one photo of our times….
    [​IMG]

…I had to post two, one each of us with the faster reaction time
    [​IMG]

Once again Jim sharing his vast amounts of hot rod knowledge with us.
    [​IMG]

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We then headed into “The Show” and toward the Suede Palace for the 1pm HAMB Meet & Greet. We ran into Terry and she said Jenny had her Ala Kart purse almost done so we all headed to her booth to check it out. Looked GREAT!
    [​IMG]
    (Sure wish my custom purse was completed before I headed to CA….hint, hint)

Stop by the Church booth and got a GREAT big hug from Colby AKA RoadApple. It was AWESOME seeing you again sweetie! Next time hopefully we can hang out longer.
    [​IMG]

Folks starting to gather right outside the main entrance of the SP
    Lucky Burton and Coop666 w/Megan. Coop, sorry we couldn’t make dinner with you on Thursday night. We did have pre-arranged plans but they got cancelled at the last minute. The restaurant you mentioned sounds yummy and Megan and I would like to make plans with you NOW for next year on Thursday night….pencil us in!
    [​IMG]

Jim Shelton and FCute
    [​IMG]

SoCalCarCulture, his pal and 60'sCoupe
    [​IMG]

Denis4x4. Nice to finally meet you in person. I enjoyed our conversation
    [​IMG]

Evel stopped by to say “hi” to the group
    [​IMG]

Dave Lindsey AKA SoCalCarCulture….AWESOME finally meeting you sweetie. Thanks so much for the tip regarding the NHRA Museum, we really appreciated it. ;) Looking forward to the next time our paths cross.
    [​IMG]

Of course everyone humored me and posed for a Hokey Ass Group Shot
    [​IMG]

TomH…..of course it’s always fun hanging out with you and your lovely wife. We need to do it more often though.
    [​IMG]

60’sCoupe and ThunderRod…..Loved chatting with both of you
    [​IMG]
    “hi” Nina!

Hoovs42 maybe?:eek:
    [​IMG]

We hung out around the area till about 2:30 and then left the venue to run a couple of errands on our way to Bob’s Big Boy. First stop was a shoe store. This time of year in the Metro Detroit area I usually wear either heeled boots or work boots. Low and behold I forgot to pack any Chucks or comfy walking around shoes so we stopped to see what was offered. WOW, I spotted a pair of red chucks as soon as I walked in and since I don’t have red ones yet….well it was meant to be. Megan was looking for those new Robert Williams vans, no luck.
    [​IMG]

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The on to a tiki wholesale place
    [​IMG]

This place was SO cool. They had EXACTLY what I was looking for PLUS more. They allowed us to not only look around at our leisure but to take as many photos as we wanted as well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVE this shelf unit but I just couldn’t swing it this trip BUT they told me I could call and they’d ship it to me at any time
    [​IMG]

The owner Bob, and Susan, could not have been nicer to us. They kept thanking us for stopping in. They showed us photos of stuff for ideas, in general treated us like valued customers. They even stayed open past closing time for us. Talk about customer service! When you google to words, their photo whould come up. I'm looking forward to a long lasting business relationship with them in the future. I have since received what they shipped to me and received it in a very timely fashion.
    [​IMG]

One more stop before Bob’s
    [​IMG]

Megan must have bought this book because of the Olds grill on the cover.;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spotted EmilyBelle’s little p/u as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. GREAT truck and I’ve gotta give her huge props cuz not too many folks drove their hot rods cuz the roads we “wet”. Once inside we ran into Leon and his lovely wife who had their name on a list for a table. They had just gotten back from a boat cruise and had a very cool coconut head drink holder for me…..of course Sharon had drunk the drink though.:eek: Thanks guys for thinking of me while you were sipping cocktails! The coconut head is already sitting on the bar in my tiki lounge waiting for the next party. THANKS!

I took the coconut back out to the car so I wouldn’t forget it on the table like I usually do with my doggie bag, and looked around again for EmilyBelle. When I came back in everyone was getting seated. We got a high profile booth in the main section, perefect for watching folks come and go. I then walked the whole resturant looking for a girl with a red coat (Emily). No luck.

We then ordered and a non HAMB car friend of Megan shows up and joins us. Frank was a nice guy and we all enjoyed his company.

Just so happened that a group of guys were seated at the booth next to us and before too long the one guy sitting behind me is calling me by name. Low and behold it was CrazyBackyardBuilder and his pals. I'm glad you finally decided to say "hi". I really enjoyed having the opportunity to chat with you and get to know you without all the comotion like during a Meet & Greet.
    [​IMG]

Leon and his lovely wife Sharon on the left (thanks sweetie for dinner, it was very swwet of you two), Frank sitting next to Megan and CBB sitting behind/next to, me
    [​IMG]

Mike from AZ showed up with his cute girlfriend who lives nearby. GREAT hanging out with you both.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The couple of other cars that braved the elements
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We then headed over in mass to the Olds Crow Speed Shop
    [​IMG]

Cool old building….
    [​IMG]

….with lots of character
    [​IMG]

And neat things in the parking lot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of cool things inside the shop as well
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Even cool stuff for the kids
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And neat lighting
    [​IMG]

Bunches of stuff
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hung out for awhile
    [​IMG]

Then headed for Pomona. I’d like to thank LuckyBurton for inviting us to tour his shop. You and Bobby have an amazing place. Thanks for sharing. See ya on the Salt bud!

Once back at the Sheraton we hung out in the bar for a bit with the Brizo’s and Hollenbeck crew, had a couple of cocktails (thanks Mr. Coonan). I chatted quite a bit with Art Himzel and my pal Steve Tracy and got a good-night hug from Mr Brizio. GREAT DAY!
    [​IMG]

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The next morning was a VERY early one. We wanted to be on the road by 6:30AM for the ride to the anti-donut breakfast gig. Didn’t quite happen that early. [​IMG]

We were extremely excited to meet a lot of the HAMB guys that we knew we hadn’t met yet AND have the opportunity to hold a normal conversation as opposed to a quick handshake or hug that usually goes down at the very crowded show meets & greets.
    [​IMG]

There were some cars in the parking lot already
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And lots of guys inside eating
    L2R: ScooterMcRad, Sammy, 5Wbomber, Cruzr's gal friend, and Cruzr.
    I'm glad I got a chance to sit with you guys over breakfast for bit and say "hi"
    [​IMG]

Left side: RickDeluxe, BadBob and R Cole. It was wonderful having the opportunity to chat with each of you.
    [​IMG]

We joined ModernBeat and Ty for breakfast, then I mingled around after I ate. I must add that the breakfast at this place was the most affordable meal of the whole trip, and was pretty tasty for a “fast food” type place.
    ModernBeat and Megan
    [​IMG]

Me and Ty
    [​IMG]

Was GREAT seeing both of you again. We certainly don't get to hang out together nearly as often as I'd like. I hope you change your minds and come to teh RoundUp. Love to see you again soon.

We all then proceed outside to mingle about….
    [​IMG]

and snap a Hokey Ass Group Shot
    [​IMG]

We then all decided to hit a couple of shops. Me, being the shy reserved self I am asked 5Wbomber if I could have a ride.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great car, great guy. Left his house at 3am that morning to be there.
    [​IMG]

It was the first really decent day so Megan put the top down.
    [​IMG]

Wasn’t long before we were at Lars shop. What a place!
    Got to check out Sammy new modified. It was so close to being ready for the show this weekend.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of other projects there……
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As well as TONS of parts…..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me and 5Wbomber
    [​IMG]

Me and BadBob
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BadBob and ScooterMcrad
    [​IMG]

Me and Cruzr
    [​IMG]

BadBob brought a HAMB sign and those that hadn’t sign it yet did so.
    [​IMG]

We then all hopped in the cars and headed to Bud Lakeman’s shop who is a very good pal of HAMBer RonC.
    [​IMG]

I got invited to ride in the ’40 with Ron and Ron’s pal rode in the convertible with Megan. Thanks so much for the ride sweetie. It was GREAT seeing you again and I'll thrilled we got time to spend together. It was wonderful of you to think of all of us and make the effort to show us Bud's place. We all appreciate it very much.
    [​IMG]

Our host Bud in the blue shirt and Ron’s pal in the red
    [​IMG]

The shop was amazing with every kind of machinery you could think you might need there
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonderful projects going on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Might not be everyone’s cup of tea BUT it was stunning. Bud is building this for a customer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Things stuffed in every corner…
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

…and hanging everywhere
    [​IMG]

And he had this whole little town set up inside
    [​IMG]

I’d LOVE this piece as my computer desk at home
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thought about our very own Tony AKA Crosley here on the HAMB when I saw these
    [​IMG]

Love this wagon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ron was kind enough to give us the grand tour of everything, including the wrapped packages outside. I could have stayed here all day….a person would need all day just to see everything….probably lots of day actually.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Me and ScooterMcrad, it was wonderful meeting you sweetie and being able to spend so much time together. Megan and I really had a lot of fun hanging out with you all day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now we decide it’s time to head back to Pomona and get to the show. It was funny, didn’t matter who we were with or where we were going, most of the time Megan, I and Anatasia lead the way. Stopped for fuel and a snack.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The snow in the mountains was just beautiful
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once inside the event……
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then we checked out a couple of the buildings we hadn’t been in yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ran into CHEVNUT :D who stopped us dead in our tracks by calling our names. It was a pleasure meeting YOU sweetie.;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought of OldBobSign and how much he likes orange when I saw these
    [​IMG]

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I molested Groucho’s car while I was there.:p:p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We then stopped by and saw Gooseta2 who fired up the flathead for us. Nice to finally meet you. It’s funny how we live in the same state yet meet for the first time while in CA. Let me know when you guys head to Roush and I’ll meet ya there.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special thanks to Goosta2 who willing fired up the flathead when I asked him to. Very mcuh appreciated sweetie
    [​IMG]

Checked out a few more cars on our way to the Meet & Greet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ran into Axle. Wonderful meeting you. Glad we had a chance to chat. Great job bud on the SP. Seemed everyone had a blast. You should be very proud of yourself.
    [​IMG]

Axle personally escorted me to his car and showed me the new interior. They did an awesome job for you!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BadBob hung the sign in the SP for folks to sign
    [​IMG]

And it wasn’t long before there were a LOT of HAMB folks milling around at the 1pm Meet & Greet. There were so many HAMB folks that I hadn’t had the opportunity to meet in person yet that I really was looking forward to. It was alittle overwhelming at times and I am truely sorry if I did not get a chance to shake your hand....my loss for sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Poor CrazyBackyardBuilder….I kept trying to write his name on a tag yet kept getting distracted and giving away his nametag to someone else before I had a chance to write his name on it.
    [​IMG]

Scotch, KiwiKev and BobK
    [​IMG]

EmilyBelle, Me and ChevyGirlRox
    [​IMG]

HokeyAssGroupShot….Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the HAMB Meet & Greet and thank those that understand the importance of actually meeting face to face and getting to know your fellow hot rod pals better. I enjoyed chatting with everyone and just wished there was more time.
    [​IMG]

Me and KiwiKev. It was an honor to finally have the opportunity to meet you and chat some. Again, wish we had more time.
    [​IMG]

My good pal ElmoRodge. Wonderful seeing you again sweetie. I’ll see ya in August I’m sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TikiDiablo and Sammy. Thanks so much sweetie for sharing your thoughts and ideas regarding my upcoming display plans and I really appreciate your offer of continued assistance. Thanks so much. I’ll be in touch.
    [​IMG]

ChiliPhil. All I can say is FINALLY! Thinking about you a lot lately and wishing you a speedy and pain free as possible recovery.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phil and Axle
    [​IMG]

Dr J and his lovely wife. Meeting you was a complete surprise as I wasn’t planning on it. Nice to have met ya and have the chance to chat some.
    [​IMG]

Ran into two old pals from home, Starliner and Bill Whetstone. See you guys at the Autorama in March.
    [​IMG]

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Evel’s Live Wire. AWESOME car, perfect paint and a wonderful Dave Martinez interior. Photos don’t do the car justice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Evel in his booth
    [​IMG]

Bobby Green's beautiful Stude P/U. I'm bummed our paths didn't cross last week bud. LOVED your shop. Looking forward to seeing you and hanging out during Speed Week if not before.
    [​IMG]

The stations in the whole place should have been half the height
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Megan and I both bought flake from Alex. Thanks for taking the time and explaining the process Alex. We certainly appreciate it. Nice seeing you again too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ThunderRod's, WONDEFRFUL to finally meet you sweetie and have to chance to chat and get to know each other. Thanks for coming to the Meet & Greets and hanging so long. LOVE your roadster!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]