Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Four-Doors, Lets See Em'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Firecracker, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Firecracker

Firecracker

Ok, I know that I am totally opening myself up to the cool kids who say that four-doors can't be customs or hot rods, but that's ok with me. First, Lets just define custom built. Websters says that custom is "built to individual specifications ." This makes me wonder why can't a person buy a car with more than two doors and build it to his or her individual specifications. But an argument about whether a four-door can be a custom is not what this thread is about. I bought a 1954 Chevy four-door. The guy that I got ti from had a two-door hardtop and the four-door. Being that I really don't like that hardtops that much, I choose to buy the four-door. Now, I'm looking for some ideas on what to do to the car. Right now I know that i'm goign to drop it, possiblly channel it, and maybe chop it. If anyone has any photos of a four-door custom that you aren't afriad to put up on here, please post them, or if you just have a few ideas post those two. What i''m not looking for is a whole thread filled with comments about how many doors that it has. I've just been waiting for Jesse James or Jimmy Shine to build a four-door and say that it's "bitchin'" and then everyone will be wanting to build a car with more that two doors. I hope that I can actually get some hits with this one.
    Cheers,

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I say Do it!
    Ive got a 53 chev mooore dooor..we love it!
    awsome drive in movie car
    fun for all the kids and extra passengers.
    dont have to keep opening up MY door and pushing up MY seat when some one in back wants out.
    some of the 4 doors in My opinion have some nice lines to them.
    I say Build What ya got! and enjoy it.
    screw all the guys that say they would not own a car if it was a 4 door..sounds like they might be walkin' or drivin' some dam honda than.

3. Firecracker

Firecracker

yea, it seems like alot of people don't really like the four-doors because they don't fit into today's cool hot rod terms. I've got some of the body work done so far, but there's stil along way to go. I'll post some pics when I get it closer to being drivable.

4. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

5. Four doors are SO hip that the next fad will be the 6 and 8 door airport limos.

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

There are plenty of "custom" built vans, sport trucks, tuners, VW's, etc.....doesn't mean they belong on a "traditional" HOT ROD/CUSTOM forum...."Build what ya want"......you'll hear that alot....go ahead, doesn't mean it belongs here however...the HAMB is not just an old car forum...

I'm sure a 'few' guys "back in the day" built 4 door customs.....but it wasn't the 'norm'.

Do a search.......there will be plenty of 4-door posts....probably a few from within the last week.....

7. spudsmania9

spudsmania9
    from Arkansas

I like it

8. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

one of the few that look good,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

this one is just nice, simple.
    lower it and add some nice wheels.
    I like that he didn't try to make it something its not.

[​IMG]

10. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I would drive the wheels off this as is.

[​IMG]

11. The Blurr

The Blurr

I say anybody who throws around "it's not traditional" is a total KOOK!
    Who fuck'in cares! I say you got a 54 chevy four door go for it, have fun with it while you are driving it. Driving it are the key words here. As apposed to the traditional guys with the bitch'in two doors that sits on blocks in the garage and never see's the light of day.

12. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

just throwing these out.

this one needs a chop

[​IMG]

13. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

If it’s a 4 door leave it a 4 door, few have made the conversion successfully most just look silly.
    A nice 4 door looks better then a 4 door turned 2 door that spimply has the rear door welded shut, the doors look stubby. I don’t mean to offend anyone, it’s just my opinion, and we all know about opinions.

I could respect this one.

[​IMG]

14. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

this merc made me WANT a 4 door,

[​IMG]

15. eric

eric

Why do you need those 2 guys to build a cool 4 door and give their approval thats 4 doors are cool? i say you get that 4 door and build something cool for YOUSELF, not to please others cause your the one who has to drive it. i used to drive my 4 door '55 chevy daily and put alot of miles on it and all i used to hear was " cool car, too bad it's a 4 door" but you know what? i could give a $hit what they said cause they always were the guys driving a minivan or some other newer type of car. build your car for YOU. i have seen a number of guys on the board talk bad about 4 doors yet they open a thread and will say "i'm not big on 4 drs but thats one cool son of a bitch!", they actually see a 4 door that knocks them on their A$$. be the guy that wows them, don't wait for Jimmy or Jesse to do it for you....
    and just so you know, i'm rebuilding my 4 door!!

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Merc under the knife, soon to be back on the road.....

Attached Files:

17. gearsforguts

gearsforguts
    from temple,pa

i like 4 doors myself,they are cheap and you can find them in nice shape,besides i dont like people crawling over my seats to get in the back

18. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Whole lot O' "two-door" guy bashing here...again...
    lots of presumptions...

19. Firecracker

Firecracker

20. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

my old one i sold 3 years ago....

Attached Files:

21. BadLuck

BadLuck

heres one....

Attached Files:

22. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here are a few I found. More doors are cool.:cool:

Attached Files:

23. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

anyone got some tri-5 4 door custom pics? i need inspiration for mine, i dont have a set direction of where i want to go yet...

24. the sewer pickle!! well, I think it is...=mike='s old car... love that car so damn much..

25. Mistersponge

Mistersponge

I picked up a 57 Chevy 4 door last spring, and had a few "Too bad its a . . . " comments. I'm happy with the fact that I got a solid car for a third of the price of a 2 door. It also comes in handy for hauling all the friends around. I also need to find some pics of tri five moredoor customs.

26. Here's some kustom moredoors and a shorty :D (maybe a former moredoor?) that I've found.
    / primerkid

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      67.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      48.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      81.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      52.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      58.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      60.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      53 KB
      Views:
  27. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

Here is the lastest updated version pic of mine laid out now and back on the road
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here is 2 of my club brothers rides Beefs 52 and Klowns 54
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also forgot about my prospects 64 caddy made into convertible
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

28. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Never saw this one in person, but when I'd see pictures of it in a magazine, it just screamed "Lead East!!" Wild east coast styling at its best!

29. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

My 55 poncho, which is for sale right now actually. And The Sewer Pickle was an inspiration for me also

Attached Files:

30. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

shes got a hood now though

Attached Files: