Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Pile-Up..... WOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Oct 14, 2007.

1. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I was a virgin this year, first timer, but I'm sure I'll be back. Had a great cruise over on Friday, about 480 miles from Omaha with Rob Lee in his modified and the weather was perfect. Went downtown and hung out at Fools bar, caught the bands and talked with a bunch of hambr's. Ran out to the fairgrounds sat. AM got there about 9:45 hung out in line for a while as they sorted things out and got us right in and to a parking spot. Great show, perfect weather, cool people and music, the Rumblejetts tearin it up as usual and the flame-throwing contest was outstanding. ( forgot my camera in the motel room ) Headed back to Fools bar Sat nite hung around till close then went by the Holiday Inn on the way back about 1A.M. to party a bit with Breeder some of the Kropdusters and Denise.
    Got to talk with so many people, Stick shift, Hell-Raiser, T-man, Judd, Doyle Pete and Cilla from the Rumblejetts, Degreaser, that guy with the kick-ass green 32 tudor at Fools who told me his name 3-4 times and I still can't remeber and of course Hotrodladycruiser ( nice job on the meet and greet, you are too much fun ) Breeder,and Breeders wife ( Shana, still don't know how you do it ) and all the Kropdusters Thanks to all you guys and The Chrome Czars for making it a great weekend. Especially to the Chrome Czar at the gate when we were leaving ( smoking big cigar ) Who was sure to tell us thanks for coming with a hand-shake as we left. I can only say, " Thanks for having us and putting on a GREAT event ". See ya next year. Gary

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

You're welcome!
    Chances are pretty good that the Czar with the big cigar was Mike aka Magnet aka Captain Fancy Pants... he was wearing red pants, right? I don't think Kansas or I were smokin stogies at the gate, and I'm sure Lucky wasn't

3. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Where are the bloody pictures????

4. ROADKILLER

ROADKILLER
    from IL

Dude u r the poop! Thanks for puttin up w/ us and hangin out.:cool:

5. 'YOJI'

'YOJI'

glmarkie was the guy in the 32 and I was the guy with him you guys were fun to hang with! FUN SHOW SEE ALL YOU NEXT YEAR :cool:

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

had a blast! good hangin with ya again gary! and great pics btw!!!:rolleyes: :D

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks, look foward to seein you guys again. gl's tudor is super cool. Gary

8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

These are my only 2 pic's. Rob Lee welding his exhaust back on at a local Co-op in some little town in Ia. on our way to the pile-up. Left my camera in the motel Sat. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the drinking friday nite. Gary

Attached Files:

9. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

glad to hear the trip went good. I see Rob shoulda been fixing that hotrod on the shop night. Gary, you drove 800 miles and didnt take any pics for us to enjoy.

10. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Damnit, I wish I could have gone.....

and again, thanks for the pics, Gary!! :D hehehe

Malcolm

11. Went a virgin, came back feeling dirty and shhepish.....due in part to Rashys fondling I suspect.

Killer show, Vagabonds had fun helping, count on our support next year as well!

Gary, others, great to finally meet you.

12. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Gary, It was nice to meet you and swap a few car stories. Still don't know the name of the other bar we were in, but I'm sure I could find it again! :)

Evil Clown :)

13. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

What a good road trip it was, I guess I was wore out cuz I just woke up from the nap I was gonna take before dinner 7 hours later.... Hey thanks for the great pics of my roadside repairs, glad it wasn't to big of a delay.Best show of the year for me, so many cars to check out , too cool. Put alot of faces to names, great bunch of people.Denise has to be one of the coolest people on the planet.Thanks for sharing your stories sat. night with me,Gary and hellraiser at the bar. See ya next year Rob

14. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Nick, Jeff .......... you guys missed a great time. Rob thanks a lot for coming on such short notice. I guess what I didn't mention was that we never planned to go until Wed. nite 10/10. Last minuete trips are the best. Gary

15. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I told ya so Macolm. Aways listen to Stick. lol

Gary glad ya made the trip with no problems. That roadster is a very cool car. Thats what I thought the first time I saw it at the Drags last year. I am glad I got to hang out with ya during the day.:cool: So I have to find a damn nice 40 coupe to get your roadster from ya,eh.:rolleyes: :) lol

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The pleasure was all mind sweetie. Thanks to you guys for letting me tag along and for trying to get me drunk....almost worked:D The best part of the weekend is hanging with car pals, kicking back with some cold ones and swapping road tales. Doesn't get any better in my book. I can't believe I'm not going to see my Omaha pals till next year now. You guys really HAVE to come to Detroit for the Autorama in the spring.:cool:

Thanks again to you, Hot Rod Roadster and Hellraiser for taking such good care of me Saturday nite and not letting me get into too much trouble. ;)

17. rocknutts

rocknutts

This was great!! My first time and it was sensory overload! Friday night was a blast and the next day was even better! The creativity was amazing as was the variety. Not enough time to take it all in! Even the drive from Rochester was great!

18. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Well it was a tough job, but we were happy to help out. Anytime for you Doll. See ya in traffic. Gary

19. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Yea that was a great little place, real home town feeling to it, was right on the back side of Fools. Good talking to ya Evil, maybe see ya there next year ? Gary

20. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

We'll be there again next year for sure! This was my third Pile Up, and it would take a lot to make me miss one. See you then, if not before!

Al aka Evil Clown :)

21. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Yep, have to be damn nice, or I'd take your 32 P/U and a pretty nice 40 :D Make it easy on yourself. Gary

22. Hey Gary , it was great shooting the shit with you, Rob and Hotrodladycruisr at Fools on Sat night night. Thanks for the comment on the sedan but your being too generous.That roadster you got is awesome. Look forward to seeing you guys again in the future.Actually been thinking about checking out the Detroit Autorama next year.Also am pretty sure I'll head to Indy for the World of Wheels in February and hang with the Road Rockets.

23. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

it was my first time to the Hunnert as well. What a trip. Over 700 miles in the caddy. On the way home as we rolled thru Hannibal MO it turned over fifteen thousand miles. :) It was at times a little overwhelming to say the least. I have never been to a show that big. I dont think I got to see all the cars that were there and I walked around a bunch. hotrodladycruiser, it was so nice to meet you. I had no idea you came to the hotel sat nite. :( Wish i would have known, .... i was DONE around 11:30 maybe midnight , too many bloody marys. Vagabonds. ......I laughed till my ribs hurt. What a bunch of nice guys. Who seriously should consider doing a traveling comedy act. I would so buy ticketts. Silla and Doyle, we luv ya. Congrats on being a Kropduster. You will be an asset I am sure. Breeder and shana , kropduster, and roadkiller , thanks so much for inviting us to come on that trip with you. I had a wonderful time and was bummed when it was time to leave. As ALWAYS too much fun to party with. Ridding home sunday with a hangover sucked. But was a small price to pay for all the fun that was had.

24. chevykid

chevykid
    from illinois

This was my second year and this was even bigger and better than last year,you know it will be growing every year now with the tv exposer that dennis gage is giving it. Thanks to everyone for this awsome show.

25. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

GL, you guys are too cool, thanks for the beer BTW, Was great seeing your deuce sedan, brought back to many memories of my old one, See Ya next go-round, Gary

Attached Files:

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Came to the Hotel???.....I STAYED at that hotel:D and yeah, I saw all the empty Bloody Mary mix bottles in the back of the pickup truck with all the Kropdusters beer when I got back to the hotel parking lot late Saturday nite. Next year we're going to have to do some partying together.:cool:

27. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

Ohh I had no idea you were staying there. No body tells me anything :) Or if they did I just dont remember. I was in RARE form sat nite. But I sure had a lot of fun. And yes we will have to do some partying together. I only got to talk to you just for a few seconds, but I could tell you had a LOT of people wanting to talk to you. Maybe next time we can chat a little more. It was good to meet you, and we had a wonderful time.

28. HammerDown

HammerDown

That bar is called K.J. Mckeon's... and we'll be back there next year! Just a cool little spot to hang out...

[​IMG]

29. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Damn I would miss that car too Gary. Way cool.:cool:

Oh yea you suck too.;) The roadster and the 32 at the same time. Must be rough. lol

p.s. maybe if I tell your wife about Breederswife , she will kick you out and invite me in. lol

Take Care You lucky sob
    Scott

30. Degreaser

Degreaser