Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shelby out of business??!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Oct 11, 2007.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just got the word that Shelby went out of business this week and is selling EVERYTHING dirt cheap... seats for $100, engines, suspensions stuff, wheels, everything....

I knew they had been having financial issues for a long time and had always thought it would catch up, but... well.... What's the scoop??? Anyone know??

2. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Somebody better tell Ford !!!

3. Frank

Frank

Shelby who? I find it hard to believe if you mean Carroll Shelby. Where did you hear this?

4. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I read last month's HOTROD mag that he re-released 1000 new Shelby-500KR's for sale and 100 convertible versions to be rented exclusively thru Hertz. Hard to believe he's going out. I believe his corporate office is in Vegas???

5. Frank

Frank

He's also suing Unique Performance for things they have not honored on their agreements with customers. He's threatening to pull their licensing agreement.

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shelby America in Las Vegas is what I mean.

My Dad's friend caught word of it. Here's the email I got:

(John Doe) just told me that Shelby went out of business and was selling out everything yesterday. He bought a large Oldsmobile engine for $300. He was buying up accessories, heads, you name it for virtually nothing. They were selling the seats for $100 but said they were gone when he got there.

He went on to say that they will dump everything after tomorrow. (whatever that means?)

I'm not trying to start rumors or anything, just want to know what the deal is here. The guy that bought this stuff is a HAMBer, but I have no idea what his handle name is.

7. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

It's true.. High Performance Crate 302 BOSS Motor's = $300, Actually any motor minus intake for $300. tire mounting machines, english wheels, etc... My cousin(from Vegas)just told me that guys in semi-trucks were there to clean the place out. There should not be much there today but heavy lathes and shears..Bring a trailer.
    Here is the bad news that grabbed me. There is speculation that the man is sick and really has no-one to take care of him and his industry.?????
    Could this be the reason they are going out? Again, Carrols health is just speculation and I was wondering if there was any truth to this.

8. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Shelby's got four or five businesses, so he's probably just closing up one of them. Probably just cleaning up the loose ends from the Shelby Series 1 fiasco.

9. jmn444

jmn444

series one... i've only seen one in person, but god damn that finish was horrible... wavy fuking fiberglass. horrible might be an overstatement, but for the level of vehicle it was supposed to be, i gotta use that word....

10. x2cracing@msn.com

[email protected]

i might be wrong but, ford has had to do 85 million dollars in warranty work on their diesels. the mustang line has been carrying ford. maybe the problem goes back to corporate. anybody else heard this?

11. maxspeedracing

maxspeedracing

Who cares. Wrong forum for his K-Mart stuff.

12. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

:confused:
    Where do I get those nifty kleenex cozies?

13. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Called shelby and they gave me this number 702-277-1461 called it and talked to a gal named Karen that says she has GM and Shelby series 1 parts and they were going to build a series 2 I guess all that changes was the body. They are not taking any orders over the phone you need to show up at the warehouse.

Update... they are a equity comp that has a licensing agreement with shelby that was going to build the series II, thye says its no longer Viable and the are liqudating... motors are gone....if you are in vegas I would get there... they have alot of GM parts also she said

14. tinmann

tinmann

He has had two heart transplants.

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

[​IMG]

I smell tech week.......

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, didn't mean for this to become a soap opera, as implied above. Since Shelby is part of car history, I thought it would still be on-topic. Sorry this has gone off on a tangent, or whatever.

17. hatch

hatch
    from house

Anything about Carroll Shelby is ON topic.....the man is a living legend.

18. jmn444

jmn444

19. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Anything eh???? If you say so:p .......but honestly, too much GOSSIP, O/T and what not lately......

What does Shelby going out of business have to do with building a hotrod???? You using their parts????

Attached Files:

20. jmn444

jmn444

that omni is bad ass!

21. jmn444

jmn444

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually, the guy that bought the engine for $300 that I mentioned above, that influenced me to start the thread, bought that engine for a build he's doing. A Model A possibly. So, I would say that letting other people know that it's happening is potential for people to get a cheap power plant for their project, if that's all anyone cares about. For a lot of us, saving money on parts to build a hot rod and drive it is VERY on topic. Finding out that a racing legend that has influenced many TRADITIONAL builds on this very forum is ALSO on-topic in my mind, but apparently not everyone's.

You're right though... too much drama for this thread already. Someone had to turn it into that though. I never should have started this thread.

23. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Off topic, WTF? For sale: Shears, Lathe, English wheels.

24. scooter.. how dare you try to tell us where to get cheap parts and possibly equipment.

you jerk.

25. Plowboy

Plowboy

Shelby and hot rods go together about as much as tits and women...........

26. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

No Shit!! Shoulda bought em yerself and sell em on the classifieds to the dingbat whiners.

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hey scoot...I'm with ya.....it's all the "speculation" that follows on threads like these, I should have never commented..........I'll SHUT UP now......:)

28. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Damn!! I just spewed Coke all over my keyboard! They guy in the next cube almost called the paramedics.

29. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wasn't directed at you bro! :cool: :) Was just a shout out before things got crazy.

I'm waiting for the "new engines aren't traditional" comment. LOL! :D

30. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I work for a company that is associated with Shelby in Las Vegas. They are by no means going out of business. They are probably just selling off stuff they dont need anymore. The parking lot adjacent to Shelby has thousands of new mustangs that they are converting over to GTs and 500s. Like I said they are probably just selling off old stuff they dont need.:)