Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of a Blue Touring.got it painted today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Been a long time coming. Today I got paint on the T. Did OK for my first paint job in 15 years. It will need some colorsanding and buffing..........I screwed with the adjustments on the gun when it "seemed" to be acting up and got a little orange peel [​IMG] Never could get it adjusted back! Oh well, it looks good, $50 worth of Industrial Single stage urethane.

First pic is before the final wetsand. I shot the wheel arch with paintable undercoating. The bottom of the car has the same stuff in black to show off the light blue frame.

Attached Files:

2. Paint

Attached Files:

3. Another

Attached Files:

4. Last one

Attached Files:

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

The color matches your shaved roadie legs.......

but other than that it looks great. [​IMG]

6. My boss scoffed at light blue when I told him about the choice.....................but he cant get into the Roadster show like I can now! [​IMG] At least my car is shiny, kinda like my shaved Roadie legs.

7. Scraper

Scraper

Real sharp looking..and the best color to boot! [​IMG]
    I like the completely drilled frame. Pretty friggin cool. Looking forward to seeing it assembled!

8. You're really crankin' now. Lookin great.

9. DrJ

DrJ

Looks close to the Bill "Bill's Eye View" Burnham blue Bill had on his roadster.

I approve! [​IMG]

(if anyone cares that is..) [​IMG]

10. slammed

slammed

Nice work. Wait till that color sanded paint is in the sun! It glow's. Is the motor red? Keep the update's coming. Inspiring progress.

11. lulabelle

lulabelle

Lookin'good man! [​IMG]

12. Yeah Doc, it is real close to Burnhams color, also Claptons Roadster that was in TRJ.

The motor and interior will be bright red. Wheels are painted white with red/silver flake. It is getting a 348 Tripower with a Powerglide and 3.89 gears.

Here is the coated bottom that will contrast with the blue frame.

BTW, anyone know a good way to remove overspray? I got a bit on my dads 2003 F250 SuperDuty.....bright red [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Looks like nice work T, and its going to make a very cool ride.

14. Well, you said you were gonna paint it blue and that mo-fo's blue alright! I like it but will reserve final judgement 'till I see it all finished with a nice HAMB sticker on it.... Looks like you did a lotta blocking on it before spraying, by the photos..
    as far as your dad's overspray problem? Fix it with twentys...

15. [ QUOTE ]
    BTW, anyone know a good way to remove overspray? I got a bit on my dads 2003 F250 SuperDuty.....bright red [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

A clay bar will probably nix the overspray--always works for me---but don't wait too long [​IMG]

Bitchin tub, amigo. Can't wait to see it done [​IMG]

16. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Lookig good trent!!! I like that color blue and the red should be a nice contrast. Bitchin engine to use also. What kinda interior you gonna go with?? Something tuck and rolled??

17. Red Tuck and roll Andy. I have some little 60s lookin buckets that willl sit in it. I am thinking of a bomber type seat but the 60s showcar bucket would fit it better. Low back of course.

18. Kustm52

Kustm52

Looking good...you gonna have it at Mokan this year? I second Mr. Scheib's vote on the clay bar for the overspray...those things work wonders.

Brian

19. The goal is MOKAN, the car has been fully assembled before paint. I gotta keep working..........

20. What a novel idea - a nicely-finished painted car that isn't flat black. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Awesome!!!

JH

21. [ QUOTE ]
    What a novel idea - a nicely-finished painted car that isn't flat black.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is still time for him to change his mind. [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. Looks real good!!! Way to go T!!!!! [​IMG]

23. Looks GREAT Trent! I feel inadequate now...... [​IMG]

24. Great to see your progress!!

Dunno about the colour choice, but as long as you like it then a BIG thumbs up.

Cheers,

Drewfus [​IMG]

25. Roothawg

Roothawg

I never did hear the story of where you scored the body? I have always wanted a "family T". That's why I ditched the last one.....no room. KNow where they are any more?

26. The body came from a ranch up by the rez in North Central Sodak. I paid $100 for it. My pal Tim clued me into it..he took the best body and cut it up for a Mod [​IMG] I got the rear doors off his!

27. Roothawg

Roothawg

hmmmm........I'll keep searching. [​IMG] [​IMG]

28. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

It looks awesome Tman, nice work!

Nick

29. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Looking good man!

Sam.

30. Plowboy

Plowboy

Looks similar to the color I used on my truck. PPG Big League blue single stage. Sadly, mine cost slightly more than that!