Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Swindlers Poker Run" The Best

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old beet, Sep 29, 2007.

1. old beet

old beet

The best Club..The best People..The best Cars..The best weather?
    These guy put on a top class program! Poker costs $10 a head, half the money goes to the bar at the end of the run. The other half goes to the three top hands...Simple enough you say..
    But when they hand out the prize money, the winners give it to me for HAMBANDY! Better bunch of people you could never find!
    Special thanks to Jerry Chin, MARSHALL and Pauly, that came down from Canada. All HAMBERs. And "The World Famous Swindlers" for puttin on the best show in the Northwest. Pics to follow, I have to get ready for "The Get Well HAMBANDY CRUISE" in the morning. See you there!......OLDBEET

2. k-member

k-member

Yeah, what my Pops said. The weather was good for the first part of the day, but here in Wa, we get use to it. Nice to finally meet you Boones. More cars then last year, what a blast. Here's a few crappy pics to hold you over till the pros post there pics.

Attached Files:

• dry.JPG
      dry.JPG
      File size:
      56.2 KB
      Views:
    • jeffA.JPG
      jeffA.JPG
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
    • rear1.JPG
      rear1.JPG
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
    • wet1.JPG
      wet1.JPG
      File size:
      74.6 KB
      Views:
    • 01.JPG
      01.JPG
      File size:
      99.5 KB
      Views:
    • 02.JPG
      02.JPG
      File size:
      95 KB
      Views:
    • 03.JPG
      03.JPG
      File size:
      67.9 KB
      Views:
    • 04.JPG
      04.JPG
      File size:
      55.3 KB
      Views:
    • 05.JPG
      05.JPG
      File size:
      86.1 KB
      Views:
    • 06.JPG
      06.JPG
      File size:
      56.5 KB
      Views:
    • 07.JPG
      07.JPG
      File size:
      59.4 KB
      Views:
    • 08.JPG
      08.JPG
      File size:
      62.4 KB
      Views:
    • 09.JPG
      09.JPG
      File size:
      53 KB
      Views:
  3. old beet

old beet

You should have been there!!...........OLDBEET

4. What park is that? Sounds like a blast, is this an open event or invite only?

5. CaenanGray

CaenanGray

Wish I could have made it. To bad the Bomber is in the middle of a brake job

6. old beet

old beet

We need more pics.............OLDBEET

7. old beet

old beet

Bay View State Park on Beautiful Puget Sound...............OLDBEET

8. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

I have pics of every car and all the action shots, I'm just lazy, takes forever, okok I'll work on it

9. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Great day. The Swindlers are the best! I blew down the 5 in the rain in the dark and was home in forty-five minutes, rooster tailin' but didn't see Johny Law, lucky me. Fenders? Who needs fenders.....

10. Joe King

Joe King

Hey

Attached Files:

11. Oh how I miss the stinging rain in my face! Hello to all my NW buds! Wish I could have been there. Looks like the usual suspects and the usual fun time.

12. Joe King

Joe King

Oh ya Doug can I have your car?

13. Rolf

Rolf

Here you go...

Swindler's Poker Run 2007

<table dir="ltr" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100&#37;"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <table dir="ltr" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">
    [​IMG]
    As always, a bunch of hoodlums milling round waiting to burn some rubber...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There goes the neighborhood ! Boones from the right side of the US is just moved to the left coast. Welcome !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some local hillbillies waiting to get in to trouble...K-Member and HudsonCustom

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This Cad was part of the Canadian contingency...feel free to add some names here...

[​IMG]
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table dir="ltr" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">
    Brian's incredible barn find to the left, Just Dug's 5W and Carl's in the back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of course, the best thing is to drive these things...seeing hot rod after hot rod turning the corner and see them take off is just great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Engine big enough??

[​IMG]

Speednazi showing how speed should be enjoyed.

Unfortunately I had to leave early due to a family emergency, but I had a great time.

Great thanks :) to the World Famous Swindlers for putting this on.

14. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

seems like you're on your way to having one like it. Isn't that good enough? Good to see you guys.

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Had a great time. rain or not... Thanks to the Swindlers for an outstanding Poker Run.. (more like a reliability run....). nice route thru some great areas.. Covered everything from the flat lands of the valley and farm land, to mountain peaks with outstanding views to tours to the water.. Did not stay around for the afterhour get together as its the first time out in the dark with the 57 and with no wipers.. and what was a 70 mile drive home KustomBuick and I decided to point it south.. (plus if not home by 9pm, my storage place closes for the night and i have to park it at my apartment.. might not be there in the morning)..

Pictures coming shortly

16. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Here is my shots from the day

morning started with a meeting of some Misfits and other southend hotrodders. We motored up I-5 enroute to the starting point

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We arrived to find a number of cars had already arrived with more to come. there was a nice grouping of cars with a variety of styles..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

A few more shots of the cars at the starting point..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will admit, I was lost the whole day and have no clue where I was but the great thing is the entire group drives together, (so more like a reliability run to me) with several stops along the way to stretch the legs, enjoy the cars and draw a card for your poker hand..

the first part of the drive was across some farm land.. great scenery with us passing a number of vintage cars along the way..

[​IMG]

not the greatest shots but kinda hard to focus, shift gears and keep it all on the road
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After climbing out of the valley the first stop was a little crazy as the one lane road was initially closed causing a jam.. but with some U-turning and the gate getting opened, we all eventually made it up to a beautiful lookout point. A great place for some pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

more shots from stop #1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Racers from two different eras....

[​IMG]

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Off and running and another 10 to 20 miles (not sure exactly, no speedo) our second stop was at a park..

three T's of different styles
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From here it was off to our lunch stop... good food, just took alittle longer then most had hoped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we finish up lunch the rain decided to join the fun.. Most continued on.. its the NW

[​IMG]

A quick gas stop to top off the tanks and we were off.. as the group was running behind, it was decided to shorten the path and take a more direct drive to the water and second to last stop

[​IMG]

again, a less then quality shot, but it shows the fun we were having. It was great following the T racer and watching him.

[​IMG]

we arrived at the water front park and enjoyed some shelter under a cabana..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From here the group headed off to the final stop for some refreshments and food.

Again, wanted to thank the Swindlers for a great time

additional pictures can be found here

http://public.fotki.com/Boones/car_shows/swindlers-poker-run/

20. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

Just want to throw out a BIG "THANK YOU" to the Swindlers for all the fun I had to have. Sorry I missed the end but had to bail. Thanks to all who post pics as took none. Like the play by play Boones. See y'all soon.

21. On behalf of the Swindlers, I'd like to thank everyone for braving the weather and making it out to our 8th annual Poker Run.

We had a few setbacks this year, i.e. the gate not being open at the first stop, and lunch taking 2.5 hours due to a piss poor scheduling of employees at the Alger tavern despite our warning them weeks in advance of our arrival. The rain was a bit of a bummer, but it is to be expected this time of year.

We had to cut the run short, which really bummed me out because we cut out the best part of the run...up to Bellingham around Lake Samish and back down Chuckanut drive. Rest assured, next year we'll make sure lunch doesn't take half the day.

We had a total of 42 cars, and 75 people playing poker. The run has really grown in the last couple of years, but it looked like everyone was having a good time!

We gave out the "Swindlers' Pick" trophy to a fella named Bob Stafford who built this beautiful truck in his garage. Bob had to overcome some physical disabilites and is wheelchair bound, but is an INCREDIBLE fabricator and built this entire car himself....(borrowed pic)
    [​IMG]

We decided to give prizes to the top 3 hands this year so that more people could walk away with some cash, but all 3 winners donated their winnings to HAMBANDY! Thanks Jerry, Lacey, Marshall...

On behalf of the Swindlers (Rich, Paul, Fish, Gup, Sam, Randy and myself)...THANKS!

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I think the club pic was appropriate. it was a cool ride. my buddies were talking about it and we were trying to figure out some of the mods. the roof looks thinner and the rear of the cab has large buttons/ rivets in it..

23. Yeah, he pancaked the roof. It's amazing how nice the car is....I saw it in progress and it looked the the entire cab was fashioned out of melted welding wire! ha ha.

24. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I wasn't the only only one moved by Bob's truck build. A '34 top on a Model A body was very creative especially considering he built the whole thing himself from a MS bound wheelchair and that was just the beginning.. I've had the pleasure of knowing him for a few years without being aware of his amazing talents. He's a true gentleman to be sure. Frank Riechland told me he offered to help Bob finish his truck so he could make it to the Hotrodarama but Bob said, " No, I want to do it all myself". What an amazing man, an inspiration, a hotrod hero....Again, thanks for the great day. You guys continue to outdo yourselves year after year. Please don't ban me as warned. Love you all like brothers from another mother, Doug

25. k-member

k-member

Nice pics, Thanks again "World Famous SWINDLERS"

26. Brock49Ford

Brock49Ford

Thank you to all of the Swindlers! We had a great time. Had to bail after the lunch/dinner at the Alger tavern as I had a event that evening that I wanted to attend. Lots of cool cars and great people. We will be there again next year. Here are a few pictures that my wife took on the road and at some of the stops. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Brock, some great driving shots..

28. old beet

old beet

Jerry Chin's blue Cad Convert, needs a second look!
    Tri-power, factory Stick and the Best two inch chop around....OLDBEET

29. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Congrat's guys. Yes, a great club. I will say this for for all of them "I am a pussy for not making it up". I had to put some family time in. If you know what I mean. I know you guys understand. We will party in a few weeks at Bako. Josh said that he had a great time. Hope to be there next year. Thanks to all that posted the pics.
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emp.
    Hotrodarama

30. A couple of mine...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]