Register now to get rid of these ads!

early hemi Cunningham intake with injection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T2Vracing, Sep 28, 2007.

1. T2Vracing

T2Vracing
    from Arivaca

Thought this might interest the dragster crew... This is ???? could be, a Jack Muldowney 1950's hemi intake from a dragster. Who Knows All I know is it sure is great early at home use your walnut not your wallet engineering. I have to but it back to Zenith carbs if I can't find another intake for the guy. Very interesting how the designer really knew what it took to work has lo hi and wide open circuits and adjustable jet on each carb base. I really think it needs to be left alone but I don't own it and the owner wants his Hemi Cummingham engine running.

Anybody know where a log is for sale Trade etc

Attached Files:

2. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

cool! i think that there was one on here a while ago. Try searching for it...

3. racerralph

racerralph

did you ever do anything with this intake? would love to see a picture all finished.
    thanks, racerralph

4. Osprey

Osprey

That intake manifold could be built for Briggs Cunningham for his Chrysler hemis that he took to Le Mans in 1951, '52 and '53. It makes sense that the manifold was for a circuit racer if it was designed to operate at different throttle openings. If that really is for a Cunningham, I would think that it would be a very important and valuable piece.

5. I was reading about the 52 Cunningham, in October 1952 Mechanix Illustrated today. Thought id search for any info on these cars, and found this old thread, and a few others. Seems they had developed the Hemis to around 325 hp, with a conservative estimate of 170 mph. What ever became of these cars?

Attached Files: