Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alter Boys' 2007 Jalopy Jamboree at Ralph's Diner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flash, Sep 14, 2007.

1. flash

flash

Only one week to go! Hope a bunch of you guys can make it. Here's the flyer with directions and info. Please note: this is an afternoon-evening-late night deal. We are not morning people. We need time to drink lots, and I mean lots, of coffee to become functional. Please do not show up early, the gates don't open until 2pm and the show will go very late with lots of bands. Bands start around 5pm. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

btt for the best show in town.

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It seems every year I'm out of town the weekend of this show so I end up missing it.

Finally, just finally I can make it this year...I can't wait!!

4. Jimv

Jimv

R U going thru Providence to get there? If'n U R i'll meet somewhere on 146!! I'll drive slow so you can keep up!!lololol
    JimV

5. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Nope, I'll be heading up 495 to 9.

"You'll drive slow so I can keep up"...HAHAHAHA

6. Jimv

Jimv

Bring the Scotty!!
    JimV

7. mmmmm..... I may be looking for a lift *back* to Pawtucket that night... if you or anyone else has some room... I am trying to avoid renting a car 'cause I wanna drink anyhow...I am staying with Rob from Twilight Ranchers and his wife... thinking he may want to head back earlier than me cause of the twins.

8. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

Me and the misses are there this year, can't wait, map quest says 232 miles in 3 Hrs 48 minutes, ha, we can beat that. But if you see a 31 on the mass pike that isn't running, oh well you know the drill. See ya there.

9. So far the weather says 75 and partly cloudy... hoo-ray.

10. myke

myke
    from SoCal

I know it says only hotrods and customs, but do you think I can sneak in on my bike? it's small.

I tried my best to get my car done but I am not going to make it.

[​IMG]

11. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster

I'm heading out, but I'm not sure if I'm taking the Chevy or not. The British Iron Assoc. Bike show and swap meet is the next day down in Oxford.

When are you heading out oldspeed?

12. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster

13. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

When are you heading out oldspeed?[/QUOTE]

We will early about 6am or so. My wife is a big Halloween freak so we have to go to the fright Catalog store in Worcester so we can get a picture of her in the electric chair. If your into halloween stuff that place is unreal.

14. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster

Oh man, I have to get there. My girlfriend and I are BIG into Halloween - I'm still paying off the debt I incurred last yeart for latex and makeup.... Maybe I'll see you there (and not on the side of the Mass Pike).

15. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

It is only a couple of miles from the show you will shit when you see this place, the address is 100 Barber Ave. Hope to see you at the show and maybe at the store, Jon

16. Rob's a great guy......
    God, the inter webs make the world so damn small.

17. I know! His wife is a friend of mine from over 10 years ago - our first jobs when we got out of college. I introduced them at VLV (she was never into rockabilly) and last year at their wedding Sean Mencher and Scott Pittman from the Shods played - I grew up in Lowell. It was like my worlds were colliding.

Just talked to Jen and they are letting me use one of their cars. So less on the drinking, but more on the being able to come and go when I want.

18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

richie comes out of the woodwork again. holy smoke, is the world coming to an end?

19. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

I was checking your bike out at the Road Agents......Awesome Bike...Perfect.

20. Yeah, Rob's a class act.....his brother is a swell guy too.
    Scott's a riot!
    You must know Kevin as well then.
    Back in the rockabilly days people would ALWAYS mistake me for him and vice versa.
    We'd just play along with the person, then have to call each other and say, "Listen, I ran in to so and so who thought I was you....and said blah, blah, blah..."

Ha!
    I've been lurking just haven't had much to say.
    Its all about riding (and breaking) my motorcycle these days it seems.

21. yeah I know all of those guys. speaking of interweb weirdness I ran into FJ Ventre on myspace - now there's a blast from the past.

So now I am wondering if we know each other - if you are out in Worcester on Sat be sure to say hi. Just ask Rob plus I will have a HAMB shirt on.

22. Oh wow!
    FJ!
    Last time I saw him I thin khe had just moved to Waltham, or Woburn...or some "W" town.
    He's one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet.

I'm not sure about Worcester or not on Saturday...I've got some repair work to do on my bike for some up coming stuff....although my girl wants to go.
    I'd like to see the Swinedells again too.

Say, speaking of the rockabilly crowd from.....shit...15 years ago now...there used to be a girl from Lowell named Sharon who was supier nice and a hell of a dancer.....she sort of dropped off the face of the earth, like many of us.

23. FJ is in North Carolina these days. Don't know Sharon. Swinedells rule. Lineup is great. Dude - I'm flying fucking 1200 miles to go to this show - I think you can take a ride out the Mass Pike. Listen to your girl.

24. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Richie,
    Like DumbWhore said, "listen to your girl"...just be there!
    See you Saturday.

25. well ill be there in my 54 customline. feel free to stop by and say hi

26. Jimv

Jimv

If my son doesn't ride up with me i'll gladly give ya a ride back, BRING a jacket, gets cold going down 146 at nite, i'll be leaving about 10:30-11:00PM from Ralphs
    JimV

27. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

It's Wednesday only 3 more days to go, the weather is looking good, who else from the HAMB is going.

28. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster

Any mom & pop motels out there? I don't feel like spending big money on a "fancy" motel room. I'm heading to Oxford the next day, so not much point in going home, either.

29. Everyone tells us this is a great show, we will be there this year. We have missed it for some stupid reason or the weather sucks. Can't wait!!

30. I'm good thanks! Got a car.