Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 Willys coupe any out there? bodys to be sold? is it made in fiberglass?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Rigg Fink, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

was always a fan of the 33 willys coupe, it looked bad assed as a gasser..used to have a plastic model of it with a 427 sohc ford engine in it..would like to know if anyone on here knows where there are any bodys for sale or is some one re-poping these in tupperware? I would love to start a new project..but want to look into this one first.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

wow nothin? no one got a 33 willys to even show? wow ..maybe i should build this no one will have anything to compair it with..

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There was, for many years, a place called The Willys Works up north somewhere. They made parts and full glass bodies,33 Coupe & Panel, 40-41 Coupe & Pickup.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

thanks pasadena i thought so i looked them up years ago but didnt have the time to deal with it..hope they are still in bis. really would like a "real" body but i bet that will be near impossible.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ahh bummer the only willys works is a jeep place in arizona i think..and the only body mfg. i can find makes the 40 and 41..bummer

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

7. damnfingers

damnfingers

8. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

willys hot rods sells body pkg about 12 grand

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

cool site...ooooohhh way too expensive for me..hah ha h ah but its a resource..

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

the superior glass one looks ok but that front end i dont like..the gassermadness site is cool but expensive ..than again history on an old gasser for sale brings its price too.

11. Active Power makes these...I could be persuaded out of this one:eek:

Attached Files:

12. 33 Willys bodies are made by Ben Thompson
    Ameliasburgh Ontario Quality is very high. He also makes and sell door handles etc.

13. brandon

brandon

i had one of those a few years back.....can't remember what famous car it was supposed to have been molded off of...maybe the huradka (sp) bros....it went to oklahoma city ....heard of a steel one in the southern ohio area sitting in a junk yard....if you do find one.....have fun with those doors.....:rolleyes: lots of interesting time going to be involved in assembly ......brandon:D

14. 33HEMI

33HEMI

15. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w218/TudorJeff/Impact Classics/

Hey Von,

Check these pictures out. I attended an open house at their facility near Quincy, Illinois a few weeks ago. I didn't know the family before, but the son used to work for the former body-manufacturing company and the son and his father ended up buying out the original company, molds, cars in process, frame jigs, etc. They then bought a building and moved the whole operation to their neck of the woods just out East of Quincy, Illinois (about 3 hours north of St. Louis, 5 hours south of Chicago). I talked to the father at the open house for quite a while and they seem like real good people, real car people too. As I recall, they have the molds for a 33, a 33 "stretch" as well as the 40-41 and the "speedster" looking one I have in the pictures. They also plan to use the little "English" car in the showroom to create a set of molds in the near future. The web site is bare bones right now, but there is a phone number. (217) 593-6500

http://www.impactclassics.com/

Good luck - Jeff

16. I Drag

I Drag

Willys Works is in Liberty, NY. Haven't checked in with them in a couple of years.

Glass Willys builds are not cheap endeavors though, if I'm reading you correctly.

17. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

I believe that IDA Automotive in New Jersey also make a 33 Willy coupe body.

At least they did a few years ago.

18. lolife

lolife

Dennis Taylor had a nice 33 body he made by making it longer and wider. He's out of business now, but these guys bought his molds and jigs:

http://www.impactclassics.com/

EDIT: oops, looks like I'm repeating Jeff...

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

cool i will look into these

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

some of these places are only offering the 40 to 41 not the 33

21. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Hate to be a downer but if $12k for a glass one is out of reach steel will make you faint unless you make a real "find of a lifetime"!! Good luck in your search/build!!

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yeah im finding this out 34 fordtk..it was a car i was infatuated with back 16 or so years ago..ha ha ha probably should have bought the project than..hind sight..anyway i also thought because it wasnt mainstream 32 Ford or chevy that it may be a little cheaper to get into a body..the rest of it i was going to fab..well it may be way more than i want to bite on now from what im seeing and finding..bummer cause i had a real nice vision when i was a younger man, and i still hold it for that car..maybe some day..just not now

23. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Here's a picture of my '33 Willys. I built it in the 90's. Had a AI body with a Pro-Willys tilt front end. AI became Rod N' Race and I believe they are still in business. Not sure what became of Pro-Willys. Gary Martz (Martz chassis) in Bedford, Pa. may know how to contact him. Good luck in the hunt. Mike

Attached Files:

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yeah mike martz is still in buisness he makes frames and stuff dont think he offers the bodys anymore..although i could be wrong..BTW sweet 33 love it..its worth a S load of money from what i can see

25. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Thanks! I got a pretty good price for it when I sold it in 2002.:eek: Hell, I couldn't afford to buy it back now:( I would if I could. (How 'bout it, Dave?)
    I can't remember the guy's name that ran ProWillys, maybe Tom? Anyway, he was sorta' across town from Martz. Did nice work at a very fair price. I had a Martz chassis under that car and thought he did a good job overall. It was a blast to drive. Mike

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

bummer mike i thought you still owned it..just curious what was your asking price when you sold it?

27. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

It ran pretty good too. Small light car and stout engine = big fun :D Mike

Attached Files:

28. CalGasser

CalGasser

When you talk "Willys" be ready to fork out da $$$!

29. AHotRod

AHotRod

30. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Von , We bought a Willys Works car in`98.It was a roller narrowed 9", Mustang II front on a 2x3 frame , and all the doors and deck lid were hung & fit to the chopped top body. We paid $13500 in `98 with a good buddy deal from Vinny. So they aren`t cheap. We saw a very rusty steel car sell at the Gateway Gasser Meet in `99 sell for $22000,and the bottom 4' was rusted off on the complete car. Also they are a very little car on the inside ,my chopped top Anglia had more room in it. Gasserman