Register now to get rid of these ads!

The coolest Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2rossocorsa, Sep 7, 2007.

1. 2rossocorsa

2rossocorsa
    from Milano

2. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

3. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

my God,check out pic number 82-85,Paint the car glossy black to find laws then paint it creme and coffee. And that workshop....the word anal springs to mind,but then the white car in the background looks like a Maserati Ghibli..top end work i suppose.

4. Makes me feel a bit inadequate...

I'm so jealous...What a great piece of work...

:-(

5. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

..also seems to have mechanical brakes..? and not too many Early Fords being powered with Ford BDA's!!. i read the dyno sheets,200kmh -200Nm of torque..:eek:

6. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Simply amazing.

The engineering and thought that has gone into this car is unbelievable.

7. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Holy Shit, I can't even imagine the hours they have in that, I would say worlds most expensive model a makeover. Nice work.

8. notice 9k rpm's on wooden wheels

9. thark

thark
    from Oklahoma

Pic 119 shows the cast/machined wheels being painted.

10. Chad s

Chad s

Now THAT is a sleeper. Amazing.

11. Scott

Scott

Incredible, and I only got part way through it

12. Firecracker

Firecracker

MY computer wouldn't load up all of the pics, but that is awesome!

13. JackRabbit

JackRabbit

Yeah, that's something different.
    It's built in Finland and Juha Kankkunen (4 x rally worldchamp) own's it.
    So, i think he will beat the shit out of it sometimes... :D

14. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's kick ass.

Just shows what can happen when people stop saying "wouldn't it be cool if...?" and start saying "wouldn't that be cool if...now let's make it happen."

15. thed3vl

thed3vl

The sad thing is that it's near impossible to get that thing street legal in finland, but with enough money nothing is impossible...

16. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Cool. It's gorgeous. Is it yours, Mr....?

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

This is an extremely fine creation.

How long would it take one guy working after work and on weekends?

How long would it take one retired guy working on it all the time?

Even tho they are fake wood, wood wheels just do NOT belong on a Model A Ford!

The rear is sitting lower than the front and that's just wrong. A moderately dropped axle is called for. The car would look and handle better.

There are several reasons the battery is poorly located .
    It renders the trunk partially unusable. Battery corrosion in the trunk. yuk It's too far from the engine. Its a hazard if rearended.

Possibly the gas tank could be in a better place. Behind the rear seat, or saddle tanks.

I own a modified Model A that I have driven thru 3 states for 12 years.

18. manyolcars

manyolcars

How could you think that? Look at the pictures showing the master cylinder mount and the wheel cylinders

19. Super nice, quality work, but is it really the coolest hot rod, or a hot rod at all? Looks pretty close to stock on the outside. Very nice, but stock. Awesome fab work, though. I'd love to have it!

20. This is one of the most awsome Model As out there. There is a video of it here

http://www.mat.fi/video_aford.htm

This was on the board a couple of months ago, supposedly it was built for a rally racer, can't remember who.

But holy crap, is it awsome.

21. 2rossocorsa

2rossocorsa
    from Milano

Well, this car must be the fastest and coolest "A" on twisty roads, look at cornering on video, goes like a modern race car. It has a lightweight all alloy 4cyl.engine, manual closeratio ZF, fully adjustable(hidden) suspension as adj.swaybars, shocs, four-link etc.. Total weight is only 1000 kg!!!(I don't know what's that on pounds). Can you imagine handling, it's like driving a go-kart. This European Sleeper is super fast on corners comparing heavy weight American Rods. Ok, I have a V8 Rod myself.

Cheers, Paolo;) <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.clubhotrod.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\KARIMK~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

22. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Holy crap...thats too cool.

23. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

that's just awesome, I'm out of words

24. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Hmmm. Rolfs coupe, DDS, Pinkees roadster, Etc...there are a lot of A's out there.

Still waiting for that intro Paolo. Let us know who you are!

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Coolest Hot Rod? Hey, I don't know about all that BUT.......

As far as a concept? Can you imagine some civilian on the side of the road seeing this exceptionally detailed "restoration" blasting by and then hooking a corner out of site? I saw this posted on here a while back and checked the site then, UNREAL! OCD comes to mind, but man is that somethin'!

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Bitchin' for sure... the craftsmanship is awesome.

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Only a idiot couldnt appreciate the awesome workmanship in that thing, but for me thats where it ends. Definately not a 'Hot Rod' as we know them, wouldnt it be closer to a Street Rod??