Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 08-31-2007, 04:51 PM   #41
Prop Strike

Default Re: Coop

I've loved Coop's art since I first saw it on band posters in SF. My 18 year old nephew swiped the Lords of Acid poster about 3 years ago.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:36 PM   #42
Chaz
Old School HAMBer

Lucky Burton introduced me to "Coop" down at bonneville. I thought "It cant be THE coop!" He's waaaaaaaaaay too young... Damn if it wasn't!
When did you do those devil images? Just out of diapers fer christs sake?
I swear I've been looking at those images for decades and decades...
Fuck I'm old............
Old 08-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #43
theHIGHLANDER
Old School HAMBer

Those who "know" ought to be real fuckin proud to share this space with folks like Coop. Always been a fan of his and Rob't Wms' work as well. From the interview...yeah man, an angel makes good sense. You're probably workin on that already if I got it figured right.

I respect and admire the path you're on, Coop. Ryan, I can't even put words to the interview...you seem never to cease to impress the shit outta me with this space. I've missed it these last few months.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #44
Royalshifter

Awesome interview. hey Coop what is up with that Smokers Dragster panel........Awesome!!! Skip
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 PM   #45
T-Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads View Post
Anybody who appreciates a nice fat rear end on a woman is alright by me.
Nads, had to post this as the song went through my mind while reading your reply...

"Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round"

hahahaa!

-Troy
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:17 PM   #46
COOP666

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalshifter View Post
Awesome interview. hey Coop what is up with that Smokers Dragster panel........Awesome!!! Skip

It's the cowl to a dragster built by Bernie Mather, the longtime announcer of the March Meet. Story here:

http://positiveapeindex.blogspot.com...-love-you.html
Old 08-31-2007, 09:21 PM   #47
Royalshifter

That is very cool Coop and a great story and an awesome piece of history. Thank you
Old 08-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #48
T-Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLed View Post
I have never met him personally but I did buy one of his Ed "Big Daddy" Roth signature pinstriping brushes...here is a pic of the back of the mailing envelope that he sent the brush in:
This sketch of Rat FInk is very familiar to me as I bought a Rat Fink airbrushed oversized travel bag off the big auction site about a year ago. This same sketch was on the packaging of the bag I bought. I've got a pic of the sketch and the bag somewhere... It might be on my wife's computer. I'll post when I find it. Very KooL!

I thought the bag was a purse when I bought it. When it showed up it was too large for my wife to use as a purse, so now it's displayed in a display cabinet in my garage. Coop didn't do the airbrushing on the bag, but I believe he said it was one of 3 that were done by the artist... Can't remember who though.

Coop, does this sound familiar?

-Troy

Last edited by T-Roy; 09-01-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:49 AM   #49
COOP666

I think there might be some confusion here with Greg Cooper, a long time pinstriper who also goes by the handle of "Coop" (as does everybody whose last name is Cooper, i'm afraid.)
Old 09-01-2007, 02:06 AM   #50
Tman
Old School HAMBer

I owe Coop an apology, a public one. Has to do with knowing Ryan and things in the past. Sorry to judge w/o knowing ya. If Ryan, Zenor and others are on your boat, Thats enough proof for me. Never doubted the art, always killer........

plus he shoots hot naked chics, Ryans NSFW dealio made me laugh. Positive Ape Index is always a crapshoot in the office............I like rolling the dice.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #51
hotrodmatt
Grenade Inspector

I still remember the day I introduced my wife to the art of Coop... from then on she has refered to herself as a "coopgirl."

We even ended up naming our Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Coop' and his kennel was adorned with a devil head sticker.

Great interview Ryan and Coop. Interesting reading.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #52
bonesy
Old School HAMBer

Great work. I've always enjoyed it.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #53
Church
Alliance Member

Coop is one funny hombre as well. And quite quick witted I might ad. I pretty much started my art collection by buying 20 dollar Coop prints eons ago, that he was selling out of the back or a civic or something. Years and years later, I'm glad to call him a friend. He was even trying to broker a 32 ford roadster purchase for me while I was on my death bed in the hospital. I was always hoping people trying to spend my money would be smokin hot single girls who like skinny white trash guys with a bum ticker............................................ ............but tha't just me.

A couple of the more random things I've heard him say were "I feel like were in the stomach of a gay robot." Bonneville 2007

"This is the murder room. Because if we murdered someone, it would be in here?" While getting a tour of his and Ruth's house.

and lastly, after making fun of his broken leg resulting an auto accident with an attorney........."you better be nice, or I'll kick you in the heart!!!!"
Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 AM   #54
COOP666

Quote:
Originally Posted by road apple View Post
Coop is one funny hombre as well. And quite quick witted I might ad. I pretty much started my art collection by buying 20 dollar Coop prints eons ago, that he was selling out of the back or a civic or something. Years and years later, I'm glad to call him a friend. He was even trying to broker a 32 ford roadster purchase for me while I was on my death bed in the hospital. I was always hoping people trying to spend my money would be smokin hot single girls who like skinny white trash guys with a bum ticker............................................ ............but tha't just me.

A couple of the more random things I've heard him say were "I feel like were in the stomach of a gay robot." Bonneville 2007

"This is the murder room. Because if we murdered someone, it would be in here?" While getting a tour of his and Ruth's house.

and lastly, after making fun of his broken leg resulting an auto accident with an attorney........."you better be nice, or I'll kick you in the heart!!!!"
I never owned a Civic, you fucking jerk!

You shoulda heeded my advice and bought that roadster, too. That was a sweet ride. (I woulda bought it if I could have afforded the resulting divorce...)
Old 09-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #55
James Boys
Grenade Inspector

Great story....love the art

Are there anymore pictures of the 50 Ford Coupe?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #56
COOP666

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Boys View Post
Great story....love the art

Are there anymore pictures of the 50 Ford Coupe?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coop666...7600310123119/

50ford3g.jpg
Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #57
Church
Alliance Member

Hahahahahahaha.......................fucking civic.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #58
fiat128

Thanks for the interview, Coop is on the short list of folks I'd like to meet.

I've enjoyed his art ever since I got one of those "poster pop" devil girl stickers at "Junkman's Daughter" in Atlanta. I didn't know anymore about him until I found a lifetime supply of the stickers in '97 or so in a Raleigh head shop (anybody here remember "Pipes by George"?).

They've been stuck on pretty much every car I've had since and I have the grinning devil staring at me from the side of my filing cabinet at my computer. Too bad I wasn't around to get some orginal art back in the day!

Anyway, thanks for making the world a better place through your art (I still get a kick out of it everytime I see something you do) and hope you keep it up for a long time.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #59
Jey
Grenade Inspector

always been a fan as well. my wife hates your art work, so it must mean it's good!
Old 09-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #60
Kev Nemo
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads View Post
Anybody who appreciates a nice fat rear end on a woman is alright by me.
Word.

I just bought the "Skate,Surf and Rock Art of Jim Phillips" book and I can see the influence clearly-great work,man.