Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***another early Friday Art Show 8/30/07***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe-De-CAB, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I thought i'd try mixing acrylic paint, indian ink, enamel spray, paint brushes, and stencils this week ...this is what i came up.

The painting was inspired by the opening sequence title of the 1952 Disney cartoon called SUSIE THE LITTLE BLUE COUPE that was posted on a thread last week.

It's done on a 11" X 14" size canvas.

[​IMG]

okay fellas, let's see your stuff for this week:)

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

Cab,
    That's cool.

I love that cartoon. The part where the kid saves her from the junkyard brings a tear to my eye every time. :D

Here's a new one from me.

This one's a big one. Like 2' x2' or something.
    I don't usually work this big, but I like it...

Acrylic on canvas.

[​IMG]

3. zombie

zombie

hey cab, i love the painting. tingler, that thing rocks. i love your stuff. heres a slightly modified 59 dodge wagon.

zombie

[​IMG]

4. TINGLER

TINGLER

Zombie,
    Thanks. Your stuff is always a treat to look at. Sooooo smooth and so classy.

Seriously great art.

:)

5. Diablo Artwerks

Diablo Artwerks
    from Bako

Some new stuff. Zombie, thats is badass!!

Attached Files:

6. Diablo Artwerks

Diablo Artwerks
    from Bako

Heres another one.

Attached Files:

7. wow what a start...the big hitters have come out to play early on....great stuff

heres a drawing i`ve just completed for a guy of his dads immaculate Beezer....apparently he rides it every day....a bit o/t but you have to pay the bills somehow :D

[​IMG]

monkey

8. Marley, Swamp Thing, Elvis (kids say no to drugs)
    [​IMG]

9. sean72

sean72

Hey Fellas,

long time no art post, been very busy with some very cool stuff hope to share soon. Anyways here is the newest VintageDragClub.com shirt, Ed "The ACE" McCulloch. He is also the Grand Marshall of this years CHRR.

Thanks,
    Sean

Attached Files:

10. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks Jason and Scott.
    Wow ...you guys continue to blow me away with your artistic talents, great stuff guys! Jason i really admire the work you put into the flames coming out of the pipes, looks like you added a few new details. Your chrome and Scotts shading are amazingly perfect.

Monkey- i'm one to also appreciate the beezer drawing as well since i ride a '63 lightning, looks awesome:)

Wonder if Jeff's gonna come out to play this week?

11. MrExcite

MrExcite

Tingler,

You have posted some ace stuff, but honestly, that 2 footer is the baddest piece I've ever seen. It's like Basil Wolverton crashed into Ed Roth at full speed in front of Robert Williams garage !!!!!!

More . . . more . . . more

12. Here's a Koffin Kats gig poster I illustrated. Color and type by Bob Nixon.

Attached Files:

13. 2tall

2tall

First off, a couple of pieces from last weekends NASC Nationals over here in the UK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and then...

I spent a lot of my youth painting graffiti on trains in London and (believe it or not) I now get paid to teach this stuff to kids at youth clubs (yeah, I know). Most of it is the usual fodder like this (don't worry, the on-topic stuff is coming)

[​IMG]

painted by kids of between 12 and 16 years old. Pretty cool considering none of them ever did any before. Anyhow, recently I decided to introduce a little change of direction and educate them in a new way. This is also painted by kids who are new to graffiti as well as the subject of the painting. It's about 12 feet tall.

[​IMG]

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Well....I have been super busy but got nothing I can show yet..... so once AGAIN I will show some real old kyfe......
    Jason.....man o man.... your hot!
    Zombie,Surf Monkey and Cab.....whoa!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Eh, that's real nice boys, real nice, eh keep 'em commin.

...Tingler, killer, I think that thing activated my photo tinted specs to photo tint! brilliant work.

Zombie, your piece is soothing and just plain smooth.

Cab, Surf Monkey, Mr. Norwell, you set the standard now we all must keep up.

I'LL BE BACK !!!

16. RYZART

RYZART
    from NJ

Wow nice start !!! Cab,Tingler,Norwell,Zombie you guys rule !!! Here are 2 designs i did for t's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. bonesmsd

bonesmsd
    from Redding Ca

A couple customer T-Shirt designs done this week.

Attached Files:

18. DtroitDinosaur

DtroitDinosaur

I just pinstriped my friends 54 Plymouth. I'll try to score some pics and post them today.
    In the mean time here is one of my canvases.
    [​IMG]

19. i have to give credit..i saw DAG had done some clipboards..and i thought...what a great idea!!! so i did a few up for friends at local tattoo shops......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. so that was you norwell who did the oddball graphic...awesome..

and ryzart..always love your work!!!

the stuff i posted....yea...the boards suck to paint on..haha..live n learn

21. customcory

customcory

Hello fellow artist. GaryC. made me think about a color version of the truck I did last week, so thats what I got this week. I almost went red with it, but purple won out. I tried to make it a trashy late 50's showpiece with the Barris "kolor-krome" bullets and the gold inner fenders. Its sittin pretty on a manacured lawn with its bed cover in the air. Make a good model car probably.
    Everybody's lookin good so far, Zombie, I love it. Maybe I'll have time to get something else going before the show ends.:D

Dsc00721.jpg

Dsc00722.jpg

Dsc00723.jpg

Dsc00691.jpg

Dsc00725.jpg

22. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

WOW

Some fantastic stuff this week for sure. Here is one I got done this week.
    I hope the image is not too large. 18X24 Acrylic.
    ............[​IMG]
    B Ramirez

23. Mike

Mike

Hey ya Jeff, I have been eyballing and digging this one hanging on the wall of my favorite central Phoenix pub, the George and Dragon for a few years now. The local news paper gave the pub their "Best of Phoenix" award a while back and that's the art on the award plaque. All this time I had no idea that this was your work. Cool stuff. I hope they used the image with your permission.

24. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

jeff, your art is jaw dropping. that koffin kats poster is sweet too!

25. Robin B

Robin B
    from Finland

<style type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background: rgb(253, 253, 253) none repeat scroll 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; color: rgb(85, 90, 95); font-family: verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 11pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; } p { margin: 0px; }</style>This could be one of the best shows.... Super work from ya all.

Finished this one five minutes ago. 1- shot on a flaked panel.

[​IMG]

And this is a close up from some older acrylic stuff...

[​IMG]

26. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Tingler, you're always getting better.
    Zombie. I think I hate you. You nail it every F'n time!!!!!!
    Norwell, I just flat out quit expecting you to do something that's only really good.

And for something a little different...................

I've been trying for over a couple or three years to purchase original art from one of my friends. His name is Tom West, and he's probably worked for every big name model company you can think of. He is currently one of the main guys behind the large, heavily detailed die cast dragsters and funny cars that are 1/8 scale (I think). The company is called Milestone Development. He's finally conceded to my Jedi powers and plans on selling me one (or some) to help fund a cut-away book he's compiling.

Oddly enough, Tom doesn't see himself as an artist, but rather a technician. These are all pencil illustrations (he presses REALLY hard), based on literally thousands of photos taken of the subject matter. They are on a somewhat transparent paper (not tracing), and have smears and what on on the originals.

Any way you look at it, I think they are absolutely insane. Wish I could post some details, but the files are too small.

Attached Files:

27. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Oh...............most of these are over 10 years old. Amazing!!!

28. TheBeast

TheBeast

Great work everybody!! Awesome stuff!!!

29. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Road Apple.

Holy Shitakke mushrooms.....

Cut-aways are THE hardest thing to do with a pencil - hands down.

Whether for art's sake or for actual reference material - they are at the top tier.

F**k - those are nice.

Glad you used the force.

Show me how.

30. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

Robin B...that first one is simply insane!...i love it man.

everyone else...great stuff.

here's some stuff I did last weekend
    [​IMG]

I actually did the hood and decklid last year...I just finished the dash last weekend...now i'm working on a pinup for the glove box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.