Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb Drag thanks......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FWilliams, Aug 29, 2007.

1. FWilliams

FWilliams

and some big atta boys......

as always BIG thanks to Marcie and Ryan for their hospitality......good folks.

special thanks to Alex "metalshapes" who dropped everything he was doing and flew out to Seattle to help me make the drive. My brother couldnt make the trip this year , so Alex offered to come out and ride shotgun on the way out. it made the 2400 mile drive from seattle to joplin a little more bearable.

It did mean not getting the scoop done for the raffle engine.."more on that later"......but it was a big help to me, and my wife and I really enjoyed having him here.....good guy and a good pal.

Everybody that helped on the engine this year..it was a fun time at dinner and drinks...it was the least I could do.

I wanna give mega props to the raffle winner this year......one of our flathead diehards and great guy Flatdog won the motor. he was a little overwhelmed and shocked.......but when the shock wore off he then realized he had won a damn SBC:) whats a guy to do?

I spent a great deal of time on the phone with Don , and he made it VERY clear that he wanted Glenn Hayes to have the engine.....WOW...
    we had dedicated the engine to Glenn's dad who had recently passed away.

Flatdog did ask if he could have the "metalshapes" scoop off the motor, and I had to tell him it didnt get done:eek: .....one call to Alex and I was assured that Mr. Flatdog will be getting a scoop:) I am also gonna make sure that he gets some much wanted flathead engine parts for his generosity. Thanks Don unbelievable generosity on your part.

at this point we are working on getting the engine out to florida from seattle

thanks to the guys who helped me get it secured at 3:30 in the morning at the ramada....it was really appreciated...I believe they said the were vagrants or vagabonds or out on bond...I am not sure as the words were quite slurred:)

one of my favorite memories was watching Flamedabone shut off his engine after the light went green:D , then restart and still run a mid 12 pass, talk about giving your opponet a chance......bitchen car and a hell of a hotrodder.

Got home monday evening, 4950 miles round trip.... and am Already making plans for next year. this being the last year for a raffle engine, I will have some incentive to get my coupe out there and run it next year.

thanks again to flatdog, I will be talking with you again shortly.

and thanks to curious rash for being curious rash.

Fred

2. Fred, thanks for all your efforts. Alex as well. Sorry you didnt get the chance to drop the mill here. The Altered needed it!

Wish I took more time to talk with you guys, the weekend just goes by so fast.

Get that car done, see you next year.

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Your the damn hero Fred...... fo sure!

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

I had a great time...

It was cool to come out to you and your wifes place, and to see some of the engines you are working on.

The drive was brutally long... I think you only brought me along so I could tell that to the people that didn't believe you...:D

It was great to see the familiar faces again, and talk to a couple of people I had not met before.

Thanks for putting up with me Fred ( and my poor long distance driving skills...:D )

Thanks to Ryan and Marcie for organising the event.

And thank you to Miles for bringing me back to Az ( and lending me a vehicle, to drive home to Tucson )

Damn...

The HAMB Drags are the highlite of the year for me, and I cant believe another one has been and gone already...

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Well Done Fred.. your description of the drive makes me look forward to my 3000 mile trip to Seattle in two weeks..

So FlamedAbone had some issues, will have to ask about that pass this weekend...

See ya in Seattle

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Ha-hah Fred!

I didn't do much but I appreciate the thanks.

It isn't easy being me. :D

Seriously though. I don't think the vast majority understands just how much work you put into these engines, just to give them away.

You definitely deserve the THANKS!

And it is super cool for Flatdog to donate the motor to Glenn. WOW!

7. Fred, thanks for doing the motor.

And thanks again for the Cam and lifter set I won, It will go to good use.

See you next year.
    TZ

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The thanks go to you Fred for everything that you do for the HAMB community. Every one of us apprecaites all your hard work and dedication to this hobby.

and yes, FlatDog is a GREAT guy and I have first hand experience in that department.

Hats off to Glenn and Federal Mogel as well for making lots of cool parts available. Looking forward to seeing the engine in something cool next year.

9. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

I think some of you are misunderstanding what is happening ,I am not just giving the motor away,but am gonna make it real easy for everyone concerned for this to work out.I am gonna get some real cool flatstuff out of the deal and a very badass air scoop.

10. metalshapes

metalshapes

Very cool...

Flatdog and me have been in touch with P/Ms already.

After I get back on schedule, work wise, I'll build the Scoop. :)

I saved the templates from the one I did last year, so I can make it similar to that one.
    Or change it a bit incase of clearence issues...
    Already bought the Aluminum as well.

( pic of last years setup )

Attached Files:

11. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

I sport'n wood.

12. FWilliams

FWilliams

what ever you do dont give it to curious rash...there is a rather large gift certificate in the box.

13. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

DOH! :D

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

I'm glad to here that you made the round trip without any issues Fred.

I'm also extremely honored to receive the HAMB Engine, it will be put to good use.

It was great to spend time with you, Alex, Ryan, Marcy and all of the other great guys and gals at the Dargs. I took 542 pictures to remember the great times had by all.

Stay in touch !

15. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

The real winners are the HAMB folks - this kind of story just shows the quality of people here.

Thanks to all

16. XR4TI

XR4TI

That looks great

17. BELLM

BELLM

Fred thanks for all you do, great to see you again. Was really cool to see you and Alex come rolling into the parking lot that night. Two cool guys that I am honored to call my friends!!:)