Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did anyone happen to get pics or video...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...at MoKan of Cowboy Bobs' Hambster crash?...man that was scary.

I was right behind him getting ready to chase after our car when it happened.

...this is his car...

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and Moriarity like this.
  2. Glad to see he was OK.

3. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

No pics , but i was in the bleechers right about wher he hit the way. Looked really bad from our angle.
    I think the car started bouncing from side to side at the start line and it never stopped . When he shifted only one wheel was on the ground trowing him to the right really, really hard! I would be surprized if anything is wrong with the rear axle.
    BTW, lindross grinned ALL the way to Indianapolis after seeing Mac get beat by the wrong side of a v-12. Thats some funny shit right there , i dont care who you are.
    Good seeing you guys looking forward to another Indy Goodguys next year as well as the hamb drags.
    Maybe some day i can get my jimmy to run over two runs in a single day.:D
    Lindross says maybe put a slant six in it ???:)

4. bigken

bigken

Dang Larry, that scared the hell outta me, didn't get any pics, but glad he's fine.

5. I heard my dad made quite an impact down there at MOKAN...

That was a joke... impact... Get it...? :D

If there is any pix or video of it, I'd appreciate a copy, or a link to YouTube...

He's alright, by the way. He told me the track was like driving in snot. He's looking at it as a lesson in track conditions, I guess. Cars running all day... laying down grease, oil, antifreeze, tranny fluid... combined with the sun going down and condensation forming... and a built to the hilt flatty... and SLAP...

Wake-up call...!!! :eek:

If I know him, he'll have it fixed in no time.

The way he described it sorta reminded me of a video I saw once of DG doing an exhibition run in the Swamp Rat and almost biting it the same way... only he saved it... somehow.

So, yeah... I'm glad he's ok... and I'm sure he'll be back.

JOE:cool:

6. Rand Man

Rand Man

The bouncing explains it. 6" bias-ply "tire shake". We had the same problem until we lowered the rear tire pressure.

7. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

Track was not bad JD. It was dry, it was clean and it was sticky. I really resent you saying it was slick.

The starting line crew worked their butts off to make it as good as they could.

I watched from the tower, and just as GMC Bubba said, the car was bouncing from side to side, firsdt move left, and then moved hard right.

8. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

MoKanMan, I agree. It couldn't have been all that bad, 'cause I ran my best time yet of 13.39.

Thanks for all the hard work you and your crew put in to make it one hell of a day!

9. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

True enough......lots of very quick cars went down the track. Many passes in the 10's and low 11's and a handfull of 9's with a couple 8's thrown in. Carl's crew did a great job and the track was actually excellent especially for a mostly street-tire event.
    Of course that doesn't mean that isolated incidents can't occur or that a small bit of something can't have been on a spot in the track,but all in all I thought the track was very good.Sometimes shit just happens. Sure glad he's ok and that he'll be able to get the car going without too much trouble. I applaud anyone who can run that quick with those tires!

chicken

10. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Thats not funny at all right there,and I dont care what kind of six cyl you are.:D

11. Didnt Bob hit the wall about where the Willys dropped a rod?

12. MOKANMAN- No resentments are necessary.

First off, I wasn't there... I just said what he told me. In addition, he doesn't resent anything.
    He stressed the drop in temperature when the sun started down and how things got "clammy" out... maybe I should have in my first post, too.
    As I said.... he learned from it.
    No big deal.

JOE:cool:

13. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

T-Man, he hit the rail about where the Willys dropped a rod, BUT he came out of the other lane. If you noticed, we worked for over an hour after the Willys oiled that lane, because we weren't going to put anyone back on it until it was right.

Chicken, you understand the situation. Modern tracks get sticky because VHT allows the sticky rubber from the modern soft drag slicks to form a film of soft rubber on the track. Hard compound street tires take this right off. Street tires will actually hook better on clean dry cement. There was not a patch of anything on the track though.

JD we all thought (tower crew) something broke on the car. After it went left, it showered some sparks and then went hard right. This was preceded by the side to side motion. My son towed it back and said it had a broken spring, but we don't know if that happened from the impact or before.

14. Carl, thanks for all your hard work. You guys did awesome. I have been at a few tracks, your crew was as professional as any.

I was just asking about the hit because I missed it, thats all.

15. TMoney

TMoney

Thank god he is ok.

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

didn't anyone get pics or have video?...

kidcampbell71 and Moriarity like this.