Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lloyd Bakan '32 At Pebble Beach - Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROADRUNNER, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER
    from LONDON

I was lucky enough to be on the lawn at Pebble Beach as the sun rose, and grabbed this shot of Don Orosco's Lloyd Bakan '32 Ford.

Loads more pics of the rods at Pebble to upload here if anyone's interested.

www.fluidimages.co.uk

[​IMG]

LOU WELLS likes this.
  2. Greezy

Greezy

Beautiful...thats all I can come up with.

3. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Awesome image- Awesome car!!!!

4. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER
    from LONDON

The McMullen roadster looked pretty fine out there too.....

[​IMG]

LOU WELLS likes this.

5. Fantastic pics.

6. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Freaking bloody awesome!!!

7. showrod

showrod

Ive always loved both of those cars . it would sure be tough if one had to choose between them. the pic of mcmullens is cool how the exhaust fumes? are hanging under the car. excellent photographs to.

8. it's funny to see those two cars, both were around Eagle Rock High School when I was there. small damn world. but my Favorite at the time (57-59)was Noanie (SP) King's metallic blue 48 business coupe. and as far as I know it never made a magazine. there wasn't a car around that was better detailed.
    Orosco might have fudged a little on the 56 buick color that Lloyd ran

9. Damm....I didn't know you were over...I was there all weekend!

10. turdytoo

turdytoo

Orosco got the big stuff right. The headers and nerf bars on both ends were signature on this car. I remember as a kid polishing the black paint on the underside and firewall which were flawless. Strock put the Lincoln in because he bought the car less motor. He did have a set of headers that look just like the Desoto's put on it.
    At least Orosco left off the scallopes which were also covered in a magazine article. Jefferies did the scallopes and sprinkled gold glitter in the paint before the clear was applied. The Barris tastelees trash was pre-Strock. I'm pretty sure George was the one behind all the glitter (yeah gold glitter) that was glued into the front axle and backing plates. The top got filled along the way because I remember Richard's strong soap, to clean the top, taking some of Roth's new stripping off.and I can't blame any one for going to the chrome windshield frame. Does anyone know for sure who chopped the car? Thank you Mr. Don Orosco for resoring my favorite hot rod.

11. epinut

epinut

I've almost forgot how good those wheels look, being the old style with the right tires! Have seen too many ugly ass "D - spokes"...

12. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

wow! classssssyyyyyy=O

13. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

i liked the 671 huffed Fe Ford Version of the Mcmullen myself.. =)

14. turdytoo

turdytoo

I wasn't there so I can't swear to this but there was a story told about a late night street race in Downey, between Strock's/Bakan's coupe and McMullins then green roadster.

15. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER
    from LONDON

Just can't get enough of the colour, stunning.....

[​IMG]