Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Drags Bound

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

That's what friends do ...

Two Hambers and a neighbor helped me set the 32 3W coupe body on my 32 frame Saturday ...

Glad you got the 39 trans going ... :D

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

Friends are one of the very best things about Hot Rodding,....

And BTW,... In the first two pictures, It looks like you found a good use for Radial Tires with Traditional Rods,......

4. NoSurf

NoSurf

HAHA Kick ASS!

5. fatflatty

fatflatty

i got a friend like that on here. he knows who he is. i couldn't do a whole lot with out him.

6. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

glad to see it fixed . Hope you dont break it on the track.

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I pulled the transmission twice on my 34 this early summer.
    Blew it out, Mac Van Pelt had one already rebuilt. Pickup by a Hamber (TDreamer) for me on his way past Mac's place. Installed it, had the reverse gear fall out of the saddle after reinstalling 100 miles later.
    Here the lock pin for the reverse gear shaft fell out.
    Pulled and reinstalled parts. Luckily no damage was done.
    Then a week before the Dearborn deuce shit. As we were thrashing on the 32 roadster, My engine starting knocking.
    Pulled the pan and found the crank journal .006 out of round.
    SOOOO in the middle of all that here I am installing a rebuilt 59 A engine. (A flathead owner learns to have another ready) :)
    No different than in the 50's!...
    At this point there is not a major or minor component that has not been either replaced or rebuilt within the last two years of owning my pickup. I made a mistake of saying a few weeks ago that everything was replaced now except for the engine... Without our hotrod friends we would never be able to make our timelines.
    I love hotrodding!

8. Dirty2

Dirty2

To cool !!! Glad your on the road again. See yall at the drags..

9. Bookz

Bookz

Ryan,
    After all you have contributated to the Rodding community it is really good to see some good come back to you.
    The great thing about real friends is they help because they want to, not because they expect thanks or recognition.
    Great that you and that magnificent coupe are back on the road and may many good things keep coming your way....you deserve it.

10. Paul Y

Paul Y

I had the ring gear let go on my 56 the week before I was to take a good friends bride to be to the church.

One of his friends stepped up to the plate and offered to do the swap for me as I had major work commitments that would have left me fried.

Now THAT is what hot rodding is all about. Friends helping friends helping friends.

Ryan glad to see you got it all sorted.

P.

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Good friends are FOREVER.
    I happy to here the good news, and I look forward to seeing you again and the HotRod in a few days.

12. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Guys who back up their words with action are far and few between,....people with empty promises are like a-holes, they're everywhere!

Out of all the cats I've known that said they'd lend a hand when I was building something, I can only think of three who actually did,..one when I built my GMC,...and two when I needed a hand with the roadster,....the other ten or so arent worth their weight in cow manure when it comes time to annie up,...

Things arent what they used to be,....people arent what they used to be.

Good for you, thanks for sharing that story, wonderful to hear!! Enjoy that little sucker!

13. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Reggie is the man! You would be hard pressed to find a more died-in the-wool hot rodder or better person in general.

Glad you got it back together.

14. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

You're a lucky man Ryan! In more ways than one. Wish I was headed to the drags with ya'll. Have a good time and make a DVD please!!!

15. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Some of the Best buddies I have, I met due to this place and Breakage.....
    Slick50
    Aussie Steve
    Teddy Ballgame
    JeepersCreepers
    Von Franco
    Dougie
    LOTS of Barons...
    on and on...

The list is long!
    It's a big part of Rodding in General. Break stuff, ask if anyone has a 9/16 wrench laying around...or will someone hold thier finger here while I swing a hammer at it...Beers are in the fridge...run across town for a part that might work...introduce other gearheads to your new friend...that's what makes this a unique hobby.(life)
    even when you've hoarded parts for years...and it's your favorite piece...when someone you barely know needs it, it's a good as thiers!

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ahh...I like happy endings....

Reggie is the MAN!

17. Rusty

Rusty

Too Cool Ryan, see you in Mokan. Reggie you are awesome

Rusty

18. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Every breakdown is better if you got a friend with ya. Even if you have done something a few times getting some help with it always makes it easier. Some of the best times Ive ever had have been with friends and cars, broken down , racing or just tinkering around.

19. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

"Breakage"-very euphemistically put, LUX :D It's amazing how much learn about something by breaking it! Wish I could be at the Drags with ya'll :(

20. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Just finished up with a garage thrash to get the coupe ready to take on all comers. Had a few friends stop by for encouragement and pitching to help, I would be lost without them! thanks guys.

21. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Who doesn't! ;)

Glad it worked out Ryan- that coupe is SOOOOO fine!

22. Crease

Crease

23. glad for the fix being smooth.. and now you have christened the prissy garage floor too .. may be even track some lube into the house :)