Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Kansas City Wedding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Jan. 19 2008 - details to be announced ;)

3. Corvette64

Corvette64

KC people are generally good folks and lots of motorheads there. I should know I was one.

4. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

5. Cool story!

(now we know who got the good looks in the family. Sorry)

6. racer756

racer756

Great story, How come the brides always look so much better than the grooms on this day?....

7. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

I love old cars....and old car people.
    Good stuff.

8. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

very cool, something they will remember forever. that has to be the perfect wedding ride. i loaned my coupe to a guy i work with for his wedding car, sure i was in the wedding party, but this guy is not even a "car" guy and had never driven a hot rod but i turned him loose in it and they still talk about how cool that was. so glad it worked out... nice woody

9. Tom Speed

Tom Speed

"The more you are around these old cars, the more you realize what a magnet they are to good and generous people."
    This statement couldn't be more true. My wife and I were on vacation in Colorado and met some great people involved with old cars. We stopped at Streamline in Denver and Pinkee's hot rod shop in Windsor. The people at both places were super nice.We ran into Dave Looper while looking at some T and A model cars in a fenced in yard outside Montrose, and he clued us in to a local cruise and a car show in the area. Skip at TSM in Castle Rock showed me their watts linkage and disc brake stuff, and also gave us directions to get back to the airport.
    These hotrodders made a great vacation even better!!!!

10. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

That is too damn cool. My old man used to use his 1941 Buick Special 4dr sedan for parades, weddings, hell even to give old Ronald McDonald a ride for a fund raiser when I was a kid. Thats one of the things I love about being a car guy and owning a classic car. Just to sit down and talk to the guys who grew up in the era my car was made and tell me how much they loved making their mods to make them better or faster.
    I am with you on this one Ryan, I love old cars as well.

11. Very cool......

12. 49_Ford_PU

49_Ford_PU

very cool.

I've thought about doing something similar for my daughter at her wedding. Anybody can get a limo, but an old classic...that's something that will be remembered.

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

You're sister is HOT.

Rich

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and MARRIED :p

Glad to hear everything worked out for their special day.:cool:

15. Marcie Cochran

Marcie Cochran
    Event Coordinator

The bride is actually my sister, Jill! Ryan has always been the brother both of my sisters never had. He calls them 'sister' and they call him 'brother.'

And if you think Jill is hot, you should see my younger sister, Holly! But be careful. Like I said, Ryan considers them his sisters too and he is VERY protective!

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So Ryan got a three-fer....I always knew that boy was smart.;)

17. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

nah... Marcie felt PITTY on him :p

REAL glad everything worked out for your family... the HAMB rocks. :D

18. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Even civilians love the old car thing, we get at least 2 or 3 request's every from folks wanting to have their Graduation, Wedding or Anniversary pictures taken out by our garage. It has the look of an old Gas Station.

B:)B

19. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

That is such an awesome story. A couple of weeks ago, neighbors came across the street when I was washing my fathers '55 Olds 98 Holiday, and asked if I could drive their daughter to the church with them, and just open the door for them, and that would be all, he told me he would pay me, but he decided to go over and above, and paid me $100 bucks. I drove not more than 15 minutes the whole time.

Good times, good people. Good cars.

20. I would have done it for free, but that's just me.

21. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I let my wife plan most of our wedding. I jokingly just told her to tell me the time and date. I did plan the wedding cruise, and had all my "car friends" bring their old cars to the wedding for the cruise after the ceremony. It was a "dash plaque" event...

22. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

What a neat wedding car. I would have dug it totally. That is if I ever dig weddings which is yet to be determined ;)

I get calls to do this all of the time at work. I drive pretty often for friends and family weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations--you name it!

Congrats to the bride and groom. May your marriage hold up as well as the old woody that carried you!

23. kylltyme1

kylltyme1
    from long beach

great ending to an even greater day. congrulations to the newlyweds (perfect car for the pre-honeymoon fun)

24. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Excellent pics! Couldn't have had a better ride for the wedding. Congrats to all of you - isn't it cool how things work out?

25. Is the younger sister married?:D ;)

26. Hot Rodder's set an example,for the way the whole world should get along!With stories like this,and the outpouring of support for HambAndy,plus many other tales of helping hands along the road,being a member of the "HAMB family" is an honour.To all the fine members,Thanks for making this place, what it is.:cool:

27. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Thats a great story Ryan. Glad the folks in KC came through for you. I would have offered but I don't have a suitable ride for a wedding, just a 49 Chevy pickup. When my daughter got married they used my 34 Ford (since sold) 5W for their getaway ride. Lot's of fun for everyone.

28. ...and everyone lived happily ever after...

:D

Glad the day went well. All the best to all concerned.

(and if Holly happens to have a thing for older Canadian guys... :rolleyes: )

29. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Congrats to your family. I hope they have all the best in their marrage.

Great thing yo hear but sure sorry I missed all the fun. See just another good reason I should check the HAMB and read my mail more often. Sorry I missed out on this one, sent ya a pm.

30. sissy

sissy
    Member Emeritus
    from norman

Ryan,

You have one sister (1) and for her wedding in November, she wants to drive off in a fully restored '70 Chevelle SS. White with pace car orange stripes would be best but she also likes grabber yellow.

Sissy