Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks to all who attended Midnight Mass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BruceVE, Jul 29, 2007.

1. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

I want to extend a big thank you to everybody who attended Midnight Mass this year. It was estimated, by the hotel, that there were between 4-6,000 at the show. It kind of freaked them out for a little while but they didn't panic and handled it well. Because we were at a new place again this year we had a few hic ups but everybody seemed to enjoy themselfs. We'll find out later next week if we can come back to the Radisson again or have to start looking for yet another place.

I would to ask any and all who took pictures to post them here, or a link to them, so that we can post them on our website. All of us were way too busy to take any.

Thanks again everybody....Poor Boy Bruce

2. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Great show, I had a blast, except getting cut off for the pin up contest when my freinds wife was competing. other than that it was a great show, great location, it took us a little while to find all the vendors and such though, they were all over!!

Thanks for doing this show and all the work you guys put in to it!!

3. 57f100

57f100

Some of the security were kind of jerks. I had a great time though. All the people who actually brought cars were all cool. There was quite a bit of rif raf, that were just there trying to hit on my wife. The vendors were all cool. The Poor Boys put on one hell of a show. I liked seeing all of the cars that were rejected parked out with the Nissans and Scions. We will defenately be back next year.

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

I know we are looking forward to seeing picture over here ! :)

5. The Vipers sent a spy to see what it was all about. He said there were some really cool cars there, lots of good people too. Everyone made him feel welcome. Francois is 67 years old and I thought he might encounter some punky attitude, but he says the PoorBoys are a class act. MOST of us are from So Cal. He said it's worth the trip, so look for a bunch of geezers with old styly stuff next year.

6. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

i met francois at the event. super cool fella, and he liked talking flatheads..

7. RMSLEADBUILDER

RMSLEADBUILDER
    from HOLLISTER

This show was the best all year. It was fun and entertaining. We were all saying it was like Viva Las Vegas but better. The whole thing was just cool because here you were at a very nice hotel, you could drink and not have to worry about driving home or to another hotel after a show. The show was great. i hope the hotel allows you guys to do it again. i almost felt spoiled. Thanks.....

8. Chuck R

Chuck R

Great show!! You all did a great job putting this together. Big turn out and a cool hotel. The hotel made us feel very welcome. Thats got to be a huge undertaking putting together something that big, The Poor Boys did it right.
    See you next year
    chuck

9. sledish

sledish

Hey PoorBoys, that was one hell of a show/party! Lets do it again next year. I was telling my wife Saturday evening at the show that the Radisson people had to be craping themselves when they saw the crowds of people all over their hotel, it was nuts, Here are a few pics I took, it got to the point that there was so many people walking around I just gave up trying to shoot any more. Thanks for a great evening!

Attached Files:

10. sledish

sledish

A few more !

Attached Files:

11. I'll post mine tomorrow...still beat from thrashin' all week and partying last night.

The show was a blast. Somebody made a mint at the recyclers today!

Bryan

12. LuckyBastardMiguel

LuckyBastardMiguel

Besides my truck taking a shit on the way back home I got to say the show was bad ass, I'll be there next year.

13. tommy v

tommy v

man what a great show , best one yet - thanks tom

14. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOWWWWWIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Great cars, great people and a great time. The best.

15. JBOLTON

JBOLTON

yea...what a bitchin show. Cool people, cars, location. Hope they let you guys do it again next year. We had a couple of issues on the way back to San Luis Obispo, blown tire, trans cooler explosion, nothing major though. Thanks for putting another great show on. What was up with the bands not being able to play? Thanks again.

16. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Great show Bruce. Clearly a lot of planning went into the show.

1) I thought the Radisson was great. Although I can’t imagine at all staying at the hotel if you weren’t part of the Midnight Mass. Imagine a weary traveler pulling off the highway to get a room for the night and running into 4,000-6,000 party goers. :) I hope they welcome you back next year.
    2) I liked that there were so many bars set up – no waiting.
    3) I thought the security worked well. I was stopped by security for drinking out of a glass bottle and they gave me a new cup and asked very nicely if I could poor my beer in the cup and they even took and threw away my bottle. Then they apologized for having to do it and thanked me.
    4) The pin-up contest was fun.
    5) I liked all of the vendors.
    6) I really like the Pyronauts.

Mike
    1959 Ranchero
    1969 CB750

17. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Thanks for all the good feed back guys. We worked our asses off to make sure you guys had a good time, glad it all paid off.

Although the hotel was very accomodating they just freaked out when the crowd got so big. I talked to the head of security at about 1:00am and he said they had no problems at all. A lot of loud drunks butthat was to be expected.

One of the downsides of this hotel is that there are so residental houses close enough that there is a noise restriction. There is to be no live music after 10:00 pm on the stage, so we had to move it into the ballroom.

A few kinks with a new place but not anything we can't work out.

18. GOONZ

GOONZ

Hey Phil, Next Year You Need To Make Francois Drive A Car Instead Of His Lark To The Show.

19. newstranger

newstranger

Straight up Sacto/anarchy/DIY killer car show! There were so many rides you couldn't walk between them in some spots... and, again, the security was pretty cool. The fact that there were little to no incidents goes to show that if security is relaxed things tend to go pretty smooth.

Rad cars, people everywhere, and bars strategically placed throughout= fun. It almost seemed like it shoulda been a two day event.

I didn't see too many "high-dollar" cars there, which was kinda refreshing as well.

Next year will only be better... and It also seems like Billet Proof is going to be HUGE...

-ns

20. Man, I know that's right. I'm working on getting my car to Billitproof and bugging him to meet me there in his Mercasaurus. Or his T coupe. Anything but the late model. And I include his '72 Ranchero in the late model class. haha

21. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

I think about 1,000 of those were Security. Everytime I turned around I ran into someone wearing a SECURITY shirt. Hmmmm, maybe that's a bad sign?
    But at least they were polite.

We had a great time and thanks to the Poor Boys for all the effort!

22. Bad ass show Bruce and Poor Boys that was my first and it was a blast lots of car i'd never seen thats always cool. Definatley be there next year!

23. A couple of friends and I were saying the exact same thing...if MM almost doubled their attendees this year, BP is gonna be nuts!!

Good to finally meet you Jesse...sorry I couldn't find you later, there were too many "distractions"...one of which was watching my dad's friend's wife dance around that stripper pole in the 40's trailer...:eek::eek:...awkard!!

Bryan

24. studhud

studhud

That was a great time!! I would start lookin for new place as I doubt they want us back:mad: A few dickheads will ruin it for the rest of us every time. LTR

25. MCKENNA209

MCKENNA209

Badd ass show. Had a great time, drank out of an ice chest all day(wasn't forced to buy the $5.00 beers), security was super cool. Where are the pics? I am jonesin! Looking to see if anyone is going to post a picture of my 53 Chevy more door. It was the first time I brought it out and it would be cool to see it.

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

See post by Chopperman on thread Midnite Mass - Poor Boys.
    Anyone that has ever even tried to put on a show should check out the great job (party) done by the Poor Boys. Not easy, but worth every moment of it.

27. Here are a few of my pics...the hard drive in my laptop took a crap, so I have to rebuild it before I can post all of them on my website. Bruce...I'll make sure to let you know when they're up so you can have 'em for the Poor Boys site.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bryan

28. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Thanks Bryan...Great shots, can't wait to see them all

29. Here are a few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those crowd shots were early in the evening...it got progressively harder to get good shots because there were so many people!!

I have another 50 or so pics, but unfortunately, none of the pin-up contest...somebody out there had to have captured that. I wish Bad Bob live in Nor-cal :D

Bryan