Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fire Bad!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norrie, Jul 7, 2007.

1. This is my friend Michael's Mopar. It's a 4-door with 30,000 original miles on it. It was pristine until Thursday when someone decided to set his garage on fire. The fire marshall said the fire department did a good job of protecting the house. Michael was on vacation at the time to make things even worse. He got a call from his upstairs tenant and came home early. What are you gonna' do.. people suck.

Attached Files:

2. synthsis

synthsis

wow. that blows.

3. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

that is no good! lets hope insurance pulls thru on this one....

4. Unless the car was covered by an auto policy he's probably out of luck. Most homeowners insurance doesn't cover automobiles. Hopefully this isn't his case. Man, what I kick in the head to lose a car that way.

5. Man that sux! I lost a '54 1st series Chevy when some lowlifes were suckin gas and smoking at the same time. I hope they catch them mine were never caught.

6. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

7. About the only bright sides of this situation is it looks like the nose of the car, engine and trans may have come through okay.. and it's not hard to find a halfway decent body for one to put a car back together from. Hope it works out. Arsonists suck.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that is no good! lets hope insurance pulls thru on this one....

insurance won't make another low mileage original car appear. he'd be lucky to get enough to get the building rebuilt

9. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Homeowners insurance usually wont cover anything with a VIN. So, keep that in mind when your garage is full of quads, jetskis, that kinda stuff that you don't insure.

10. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Was it 4th of July fireworks that did it? What a shame. I caught some little pricks screwing around my yard with fireworks, oblivious to the dry grass and weeds all around.

11. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Hope they catch the bastards who did it man.....

12. Appleseed

Appleseed

What the fuck!?! Who burns someone's garage down?

13. There are dumb asses everywhere...

14. mike nixon

mike nixon

someone needs to be hung by their balls and shot repeatedly.

mike

15. Ruiner

Ruiner

My buddy Mike's daily driver Ford Focus was set on fire a few days ago in St. Paul...what the FUCK is wrong with people these days? if he needs anything Norrie, let me know...see you tomorrow night bro...

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I lost my 32 3window back in the early 90s to fire. Deliberately started bush fire.
    Fuckers.
    Hope insurance comes to the party for him.

17. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Sounds to me they did him a favor....

(kidding....JUST KIDDING)

Hell I was pissed when a fat ass put a nice scratch in my satin $25 paint job... I dont feel so bad now...that sucks a large one

18. That is so said , not just to lose your cool ride , but hell , you lose everthing you own, really sucks , if it was done on purpose, My thoughts are with you ,,,,,,,

19. this sounds all to familiar, my friends garage was set on fire with his 78 trans-am inside... 1979 original miles (just a coincidence) someone from the job he worked at didnt like the decisions he was making so they threw a moltov cocktail into his garage window, everything but the motor was toast... and from then till today ten years later the motor has been in 4 more vehicles not including the original t/a, one was also set on fire, one was tangled around a tree when he let his buddy drive the car, the third was hit by a city bus, and the final went up in flames while my buddy was at my house which is down the street from his, he saw the flames and ran home, choked it up to a bad electrical outlet in his garage... but funny thing is all 5 times this motor has been in cars they have ended up COMPLETELY fucked up, 3 firebirds and two t/a's, this engine is cursed he recently bought a catalina and now has the 455 in it, before he put it in there he went to a local church and had it blessed by a priest... no joke... nothing has happened to that car since no door dings, no bird droppings and most importantly no fires... im not a god fearing man.. but somethings just cannot be explained lol :eek:

20. Rock-abilly

Rock-abilly

I did have a comprehensive policy on the dodge, but I just spoke to the adjustor today, they place value for comps in the area, not NADA or anything like that. NADA places the value between $7,650.00 -$11,250.00, but as I'm sure you all know, people aren't lining up to buy 4 door 1946 Dodges. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I might direct State Farm Insurance to find some valuable comps of cars for sale, or cars that sold. Ebay only has one or 2 and they aren't very comparable, craigs list is a nightmare. Please help.

21. Find someone with back issues of Hemmings Motor News or the Auto Round-Up, that might be the best bet. Going to be a little digging just to find some advertised, I suppose you could use an old photo of yours to run an ad with the NADA price on it. You could show them an Old Cars Price Guide magazine, too.

22. Gigantor

Gigantor

Jesus I'm sorry. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Is nothing sacred anymore? Best of luck finding a comp car.

23. You might consider checking out the auction activity during the past 6 months or so. I would send them anything in the Chrysler, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth family.

I dunno, maybe the ridiculous auction action recently will actually help someone.

BRT

24. Rock-abilly

Rock-abilly

Any particular auctions? Are we talking online like ebay? By the way, thanks for all the kind words everyone.

25. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Michael-

Go to Barnes and Noble or some other large book store and get the "Old Car Price Guide" in the magazine area. They give condition and prices for all models and they are based on recent auction prices. Give me a call and we can talk.

26. Try the Dodge/Mopar club. Get the local and nationwide Auto Trader. Also, show comps of low mileage cars of any make. The part about it being a low mileage original is the thing to stress.

Good luck, man.